Do you like your car insurance?

gypsyuma_IHB

Ok, I am on the brink of insanity trying to pack up and live in the same spot with four kids, and the movers are coming in one week....... so I am not in the mood to start getting car insurance quotes from every Tom, Dick, and Harry. Can you save me the trouble and tell me if you think your car insurance is awesome. I kind of think most insurance is a bit of a racket, so all I am looking for is decent coverage at an affordable price. Right now I have Progressive. What you got?

I have All State. Love the service.

Had Metlife before- awful service- had an accident when I was pregnant, and had a hard time getting the medical visit reimbursed..

I had to take an insurance class in college. Part of the class was picking apart several different policy contracts and researching a company's claim history. AAA ranked the highest. It wasn't the cheapest provider but for the cost they gave the greatest benefit. AAA also had the best history in paying claims for their clients.

I have AAA and so far have been please. My co-worker also has AAA and has found it to be the cheapest for parents with student drivers. Something that is probably important to you since you have 4 kids.

Id agree that AAA does have the best known claims service and probably provides the best value for the money. Mercury is a nightmare with claims, with Wawanesa being an affordable alternative. Some have mentioned Costco also sells insurance through Ameriprise.

[quote author="Shooby" date=1245729059]Id agree that AAA does have the best known claims service and probably provides the best value for the money. Mercury is a nightmare with claims, with Wawanesa being an affordable alternative. Some have mentioned Costco also sells insurance through Ameriprise.</blockquote>

Mercury was one of the worst companies that we studied. My mom was lured to Mercury because of the cost. She had a theft claim and boy did she regret that choice. She had all her receipts and a detailed police report and it still was hell getting Mercury to pay.

In California the odds of getting into a car accident and getting sued are high. I do not recommend the cheapest insurance possible especially for cars.

I have Geico. I havent had a claim with them yet but I had some special discount that made the premium less than my old Mercury policy. I have to agree that the Mercury claims handling is hit or miss but lately they have improve many aspects of their claims handling so I would definitely take a look there if the premium is right. People who have AAA please check your rates...You might be overpaying by hundreds.

[quote author="SCARLETTE" date=1245725187]We have 21st century. I find them very responsive when we've needed their services.</blockquote>

I have received the quote from AAA and 21st Century, and well the 21st Century is literally HALF of AAA!

That is a huge difference.

$540 for the year

verses

$1100 for the year

BUT, then I reviewed their quote in detail and realized they were giving me Liability coverage only in their quote - for a 2007 vehicle!! What a racket.

[quote author="gypsyuma" date=1245740109][quote author="SCARLETTE" date=1245725187]We have 21st century. I find them very responsive when we've needed their services.</blockquote>

I have received the quote from AAA and 21st Century, and well the 21st Century is literally HALF of AAA!

That is a huge difference.

$540 for the year

verses

$1100 for the year</blockquote>

Have you tried see to how much it would be with Wawanesa or Mercury?

We have six vehicles. No other insurance company could even come close to the price Allstate had to offer. FYI - I have a relative who owns a major body shop in Tustin. He has always told us to stay away from Mercury. Very difficult to work with.

[quote author="SoOCOwner" date=1245741541]We have six vehicles. No other insurance company could even come close to the price Allstate had to offer. FYI - I have a relative who owns a major body shop in Tustin. He has always told us to stay away from Mercury. Very difficult to work with.</blockquote>

The Allstate came out to be the same as AAA.

Upon a friend's urging I got a quote from Costco/Ameriprise and am now saving close to $300/year. I'm a loyal customer and had been very happy with the service I was receiving from Allstate but that's quite a savings.

I have found AAA to be the best of any others that I have used in the past. The one time I did have a claim with them, they were super awesome. They didn't want me after that so had a variety of carriers for several years and went back when they would take me again. But then, I haven't shopped it in a few years, so maybe they aren't the best deal out there anymore. If you have a family member that is military or former military, USAA can be really good.

Wawanesa, end of story. If the majority of uber anal retentive nutters over at bimmerforums approve of anything (and I mean anything... they make BK seem like a slacker and they are not as nice), then you know it is good insurance for the money. These are the cheapest bastards who expect St. Regis like service but pay Motel 6 prices. I dunno about claims, but from what I have read they are great. Then when they are cheaper than Mercury, it makes them a no brainer.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1245767319]Wawanesa, end of story. If the majority of uber anal retentive nutters over at bimmerforums approve of anything (and I mean anything... they make BK seem like a slacker and they are not as nice), then you know it is good insurance for the money. These are the cheapest bastards who expect St. Regis like service but pay Motel 6 prices. I dunno about claims, but from what I have read they are great. Then when they are cheaper than Mercury, it makes them a no brainer.</blockquote>

I have two tickets, and my wife has none. Neither Wawansea nor Costco will even quote us. Since we had AAA for nearly 10 years, eight months ago, I obtained quotes from nearly all the insurance companies mentioned on this trend (except progressive), and compared the total cost for car and home owner policy. I found AAA is still among the cheapest for my case. AAA has low auto rates ($200 to $1000 less, some companies gave me crazy quotes probably due to my two tickets), but their home owner is high than geico, and Farmers, ( between 150 to 200 higher). The closest quote to my current combined rates are Geico home + Mercury auto, or Farmers for both. I decided to stay with AAA.

I had great experiences with AAA. Had a minor parking lot accident - someone run into my car, and caused a small dent on the side. AAA approved the repaire within 24 hours.

[quote author="irvine123" date=1245789978][quote author="graphrix" date=1245767319]Wawanesa, end of story. If the majority of uber anal retentive nutters over at bimmerforums approve of anything (and I mean anything... they make BK seem like a slacker and they are not as nice), then you know it is good insurance for the money. These are the cheapest bastards who expect St. Regis like service but pay Motel 6 prices. I dunno about claims, but from what I have read they are great. Then when they are cheaper than Mercury, it makes them a no brainer.</blockquote>

I have two tickets, and my wife has none. Neither Wawansea nor Costco will even quote us. Since we had AAA for nearly 10 years, eight months ago, I obtained quotes from nearly all the insurance companies mentioned on this trend (except progressive), and compared the total cost for car and home owner policy. I found AAA is still among the cheapest for my case. AAA has low auto rates ($200 to $1000 less, some companies gave me crazy quotes probably due to my two tickets), but their home owner is high than geico, and Farmers, ( between 150 to 200 higher). The closest quote to my current combined rates are Geico home + Mercury auto, or Farmers for both. I decided to stay with AAA.

I had great experiences with AAA. Had a minor parking lot accident - someone run into my car, and caused a small dent on the side. AAA approved the repaire within 24 hours.</blockquote>

I'm glad that Wawanesa has been keeping my rates very low for years and years by not quoting people who have two moving violations.

(not that I'm saying you in particular are a lousy risk, but I bet that they have stats that say people with two violations are higher risk)

Back