Do people use their California room

Paris said:
eyephone said:
Paris said:
lnc said:
abosch00 said:
With lot sizes so small on new developments, I couldn't imagine my neighbor who I back into hangouting out in their california room, watching TV, and making noise.  That would drive me crazy.

And don't forget about smoking.  If one unfortunately got a chain smoking neighbor, that California Room becomes a smoking lounge.

YOU SHOULD GIVE HOA A CALL!!!

One of our street neighbors smokes weed in his garage (older white guy) and that smell travels up and down the entire street!

Drug problem in OH?

#closeyourwindow

My poor neighbor with young kids always has to keep her kids bedroom windows closed because of it. Maybe it's medical marijuana for some health problem? But he always smokes it in the garage with the garage door open (hence the wide distribution). Thanks for spinning some positive light on the situation paydawg  ;)

Anyone install something wide enough for a CA room that still managed to be elegant looking? Surprised builders don't offer it and making a killing on the markup.
The CA room looks great in model form but in practice, bugs and sun damage to the nice furniture you'd put there is a problem.

acpme said:
Anyone install something wide enough for a CA room that still managed to be elegant looking? Surprised builders don't offer it and making a killing on the markup.
The CA room looks great in model form but in practice, bugs and sun damage to the nice furniture you'd put there is a problem.

Yea, I think you just need to treat/consider the furniture and decor in the backyard as having a very short lifespan. Even if you're diligent about covering stuff, protecting it from rain and sunshine, everything looks terrible quickly.

Mrs Acpme wants a distressed wood table. Makes sense as that's something you don't have to baby and will continue to look good as it ages. Problem is an authentic piece is neither easy to find and nor cheap.

Back