Do NOT hire Jefferson Rand

Funkie said:
shadyoc said:
aquabliss said:
Not quite sure what you?re saying here... I have these at my sprinkler hubs:https://www.lowes.com/pd/Orbit-8-Port-NPT-Irrigation-Manifold-with-Filter/3426558

Then this tubing is connected to each port, and the water comes out the end so it?s intentionally left open for this purpose:https://www.lowes.com/pd/Raindrip-1...e-Drip-Irrigation-Distribution-Tubing/3396368

The way they did it was connect the drip line into the sprinkler pipe.  When the sprinklers turn on, the drip line will also have water flowing through the hose.  They didn?t add a pressure regulator, which is the right way to do it since the sprinkler water pressure and the drip line water pressure is different.  That?s probably what caused the pipe to burst.  At the end of the hoses, there are supposed to be caps that stop the water from coming out.  There are small holes aligned within the rubber hose that let out small amounts of water.  That's the way it is supposed to drip out per say.  But at the end, without a cap, the water just flows out like if you were to turn on the hose and leave it running.  Asking other contractors, that is not the right way to do it.  They were supposed to cap it at the end of the rubber drip line.  We discovered that they cut corners.

If the cap is missing, there may be various reasons.  The installer may have put on the cap loosely, and it got pushed out due to water pressure over time.  I have also seen contractor simply fold the end of the drip line, and tie it w/ a wire to "act" as capping the end of the drip line. <- that would be cutting corners. 

I never used Jefferson Rand, but I have to say there are MANY places one can cut corners on in landscape construction.  All of them are WAY worse than a cap on drip lines.  For example: use low psi concrete (3000 psi or lower), use thinner rebar, use lower schedule grade pipes, not removing rocks from dirt during planting, use fewer watering zones then needed, not amending dirt prior to planting, skip road base/gravel prior to pouring concrete, not attaching dobie to rebars, not enough concrete thickness, not using redgard on concrete subase joints prior to tiling, etc. 

Cap on drip lines is a small issue, if Jefferson Rand is unwilling to fix that for you, there may be other things at play here.

It would have been nice if they at least tied it.  They just folded it in multiple areas.  No caps or wires anywhere.

Back