DIY Tax Software

eyephone said:
I'm not going to pay to efile the California return. I'll just print it out and mail it.

I didn't think they let u print it out. Don't u have to pay first to be able to print it out?

"IRS says thieves stole tax info from 100,000

Thieves used an online service provided by the U.S. government's tax collecting agency to gain access to information from more than 100,000 taxpayers, the Internal Revenue Service said Tuesday."
http://www.cnbc.com/id/102695128

eyephone said:
IRS payment site crashes hours before Tax Day filing deadline

Hours before the midnight Tax Day deadline, the IRS page for paying your tax bill using your bank account crashed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...te-down-as-agency-works-to-resolve-issue.html

So of course no one can figure out, get off your butt, drive to the post office or one of their contracted places that can cancel your envelope, find your checkbook and mail it in. You only need a post mark.

Then next year stop being an idiot and waiting till the last minute to get it filed.

Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:

Hours before the midnight Tax Day deadline, the IRS page for paying your tax bill using your bank account crashed.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cn...te-down-as-agency-works-to-resolve-issue.html

So of course no one can figure out, get off your butt, drive to the post office or one of their contracted places that can cancel your envelope, find your checkbook and mail it in. You only need a post mark.

Then next year stop being an idiot and waiting till the last minute to get it filed.
My CPA always recommended against providing electronic payment info to the IRS - safer to send the check via certified.

Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:

Let me guess... You're perfect?

I never wait till the last minute to file my taxes.  I pay my EA a lot of money every year to procrastinate for me.

OCtoSV said:
Ready2Downsize said:
eyephone said:

My CPA always recommended against providing electronic payment info to the IRS - safer to send the check via certified.

Your cpa is an idiot. You can file electronically long before the due date and schedule the debit to your bank account for 4/15 (or 4/17 for this year)

I wait until hour zero, minute zero, the timer has clicked down to less than 10 seconds scrambling to find the blue wire to cut.... or was it the red wire??

Every couple of years when compelled to file on paper I trek up to the Sunflower Street USPS location (Open till midnight!) and drop off at the drive through. There's usually an interesting line up to watch in the area. Also I prefer to look the person asking for "my fair share" every April 15th directly in the eyes as they take my return.

It may be a trend now with so many e-filings, but the 2017 drive through line was very short - only about a 2 minute wait compared to 10-15 in years past. There were at least 5 motorcycle officers, an equal number of squad cars, and additional cops walking the perimeter to safeguard any and all wannabe ID thieves or check grabbers. You would have thought they were expecting a few revolutionaries there as well to protest tax payments.

Wonder if some "paper filers" heard about the 1 day delay and didn't file. From what was in the news, isn't the 1 day delay just for e-filing? The OC Register article yesterday was vague on the subject.

My .02c

SGIP

As I predicted I owe money!  :mad:

I kind of knew it since last year. The little guy gets shafted again. Where?s my tax cut?

So who else prepaid their property taxes back in 2017 due to the new 2018 tax law, and forgot about it, until they found out they need to write a big check to Aunt Callie this month?

To anyone running Windows 7, Turbotax has stated that for TY2019 the software will install and run, but with security risks.  Next year, Turbotax for 2020 will not run on Windows 7.

Back