Dinner A'Fare in September

Ok, I'm signing up for the sampler menu (september), you have to create an account, order your six meals and pay in order to reserve the date. I'm hoping there's at least 4 spots available for Cayci, her friend, biscuit and myself. Go to the website and reserve the 16th ASAP, let us know when you do. It's first come-first served for whatever spots are left, I hope to see at least a few of you!

Update: I just reserved my spot for the menu sampler on Sept. 16th at 6:30 pm. Any of you who wish to attend, PM me with your e-mail if you like first and I'll add you to the friends e-mail list and I will receive a $10 coupon for each e-mailed referral that signs up. Once someone else signs up then they can take the referral for another person and so on or I will just split up the coupons among anyone who wants to go next time. That will at least give us a discount next time. I did find a few coupon codes but they don't apply to the sampler menu. Does that make sense?

[quote author="tmare" date=1251616309]Ok, I'm signing up for the sampler menu (september), you have to create an account, order your six meals and pay in order to reserve the date. I'm hoping there's at least 4 spots available for Cayci, her friend, biscuit and myself. Go to the website and reserve the 16th ASAP, let us know when you do. It's first come-first served for whatever spots are left, I hope to see at least a few of you!

Update: I just reserved my spot for the menu sampler on Sept. 16th at 6:30 pm. Any of you who wish to attend, PM me with your e-mail if you like first and I'll add you to the friends e-mail list and I will receive a $10 coupon for each e-mailed referral that signs up. Once someone else signs up then they can take the referral for another person and so on or I will just split up the coupons among anyone who wants to go next time. That will at least give us a discount next time. I did find a few coupon codes but they don't apply to the sampler menu. Does that make sense?</blockquote>
I'm down for the 16th, but what do they have in portion sizes for a single person like myself?

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1251617077][quote author="tmare" date=1251616309]Ok, I'm signing up for the sampler menu (september), you have to create an account, order your six meals and pay in order to reserve the date. I'm hoping there's at least 4 spots available for Cayci, her friend, biscuit and myself. Go to the website and reserve the 16th ASAP, let us know when you do. It's first come-first served for whatever spots are left, I hope to see at least a few of you!

Update: I just reserved my spot for the menu sampler on Sept. 16th at 6:30 pm. Any of you who wish to attend, PM me with your e-mail if you like first and I'll add you to the friends e-mail list and I will receive a $10 coupon for each e-mailed referral that signs up. Once someone else signs up then they can take the referral for another person and so on or I will just split up the coupons among anyone who wants to go next time. That will at least give us a discount next time. I did find a few coupon codes but they don't apply to the sampler menu. Does that make sense?</blockquote>
I'm down for the 16th, but what do they have in portion sizes for a single person like myself?</blockquote>

Get in there and sign up. The smallest size is 3 serving, I'd imagine you'd be able to make 2 dinners out of each. Last time, when I got home I split a few of the full sized meals in half before freezing because I knew that a few of them my kids wouldn't eat. Serving size is usually a bit small so I'm sure for a guy's appetite, a 3 serving portion could make 2 meals. Make sure you sign up for the "sampler menu", at only $75, it's only about $4 per serving. Just click on the site I referenced ("this") above and sign up!

When you visit the calendar section of the site, hold your cursor over the circle next to the time slot. It will tell you exactly how many spots are still available for that time. The circle becomes filled with more red space as the slot fills up.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling, tmare. The sampler menu looks good. I am hesitant to sign up for the 16th since I found out I will have to be up at 4:00 a.m. or earlier on that day. So, I will be of no use to anybody by night time. Don't let me hinder your plans. Check it out and let us know how you like it.

[quote author="tmare" date=1251583668]I found <a href="http://www.dreamdinners.com/main.php?static=index">this.</a> It's called Dream Dinners and is located in Tustin. I haven't had the time to completely check it out but it looks about the same as Dinner A'Fare. Maybe those who are interested could check out the site and let us know what you think.

Bix-<a href="http://www.dreamdinners.com/main.php?page=order_location&operation=storeSwitch&state=CA&store=190">Here</a> is the Tustin location website. Make sure you click on the Menu Sampler for September and register. Then you will see the calender so you can choose Sept. 16th at 6:30. Let me know if you are having trouble.

("this" is the general website, "here" is the Tustin location)

Please let me know if you signed up (or are having trouble signing up) for the 16th. If not, it will be just poor ole me, but I'll let everyone know what I think. I'm hoping that bix, Cayci, USC and/or some others might sign up.

[quote author="tmare" date=1251792931]Please let me know if you signed up (or are having trouble signing up) for the 16th. If not, it will be just poor ole me, but I'll let everyone know what I think. I'm hoping that bix, Cayci, USC and/or some others might sign up.</blockquote>
Where do I sign up? Where is it and what time???

[quote author="FairEconomist" date=1253100418]Links are on the previous page. 6:30 PM, I assume. Tustin French Quarter location.

OK, Mr. Procrastinator (me) has signed up. See y'all tomorrow.</blockquote>

I guess it's you and me FE, I never received any actual confirmation from anyone else, we'll see if anyone else shows. We are the testers for a more organized outing later, if we like it. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can bring a bottle of wine.

Tmare - If you look a few posts up, I think Cayci said she and Graph are going too, so it's not just you and FE.

I had a question -- do you know if this place lets people sign up so soon before the event? At the other place they made us give about 2 week's notice.

I looked at the posts and I'm hoping that Cayci and a few others will be there, I just don't know for sure. I think that they let you sign up as long as there is still space. If Fair Economist signed up today, then I would assume that to be the case. Of course, we don't actually have the place to ourselves the way we did at Dinner A'Fare, so if we sign up for a private event, we may have to sign up 2 weeks in advance again. I just don't really know, I'll try to get those answers tomorrow.

I suppose we'll find out today, but, confusingly, there's a Dream Dinners on Tustin *Boulevard* in Anaheim and on *17th Street* in Tustin. So maybe people signed up for the wrong place (I signed up for the place on 17th in Tustin).

[quote author="FairEconomist" date=1253137218]I suppose we'll find out today, but, confusingly, there's a Dream Dinners on Tustin *Boulevard* in Anaheim and on *17th Street* in Tustin. So maybe people signed up for the wrong place (I signed up for the place on 17th in Tustin).</blockquote>

City of Tustin on 17th is the correct location.

[quote author="tmare" date=1253143176][quote author="FairEconomist" date=1253137218]I suppose we'll find out today, but, confusingly, there's a Dream Dinners on Tustin *Boulevard* in Anaheim and on *17th Street* in Tustin. So maybe people signed up for the wrong place (I signed up for the place on 17th in Tustin).</blockquote>

Tustin is the correct location.</blockquote>
I'm gonna have to cancel...one of my buyers wants to see some homes this evening. Have fun guys.

I just returned from Dream Dinners with my meals. I'll post more details when I have more time. There were four of us and we really enjoyed it. It is almost the same as Dinner A'Fare except in some ways I think it is better. We'll see how the meals taste over the next 2 weeks. The meals seem to be a little more complex (more ingredients) and more options but the place is set up the same. They have a great option for a private party, only seven people minimum, everyone doesn't have to buy things (they sign up as "observers" but can choose to put together some meals once there), we can bring wine and they provide samples of meals coming in the next month. Sounds like fun, I'd like to get something together for November, how does that sound SoCal? More to come. Maybe Cayci, Graph and Fair Economist can give their opinions too.

(Sorry for being so dense, SoCal, I did miss Cayci's last post)

That sounds awesome. It seems to be more easy-going than Dinner A'Fare was. Sure, I'd love to shoot for November. Count me in! Update us as you make the dinners if you get a chance.

[quote author="SoCal78" date=1253184350]That sounds awesome. It seems to be more easy-going than Dinner A'Fare was. Sure, I'd love to shoot for November. Count me in! Update us as you make the dinners if you get a chance.</blockquote>

Everyone start looking at your calendars for November. It would be nice to get a group of 15 (the max). I'm pretty much open for just about any date in November, early November would be nice since Thanksgiving approaches soon after. Fridays are my only "no go" days in November. Remember that you don't necessarily have to buy anything in advance, you can observe. Let's also turn it in to wine tasting, everyone bring a favorite. I'll send out some PM's to others that might not check this thread.

Back