Did prices keep dropping in non-irvine OC while I stopped paying attention?

Talyssa

We've been looking at the sub 400 market a lot more closely than the sub 700 market, but i was looking at homes for sale near the parents the other day and I do not recall the 3br2ba 1800 sq ft models having dropped as low as 650 but that seems to be the going rate now.    Did something happen to other parts of OC while this board ws watching the new home collection? Or was I just not paying enough attention. 

Huh.  How come no one mentioned this to me! I barely have time to check ti anymore let alone read news dammit!  I blame YOU IHO.

Buuut ...huh.  that's interesting.  I really stopped looking -I have some OLD OLD zip realty queries that shoot me emails from time to time but they are on a really limited segment becasue at the time I was working with a lot less money and a lot more cc debt.  so I think those queries are only pulling me certain cities under 300k which is a REALLY wierd cross section.

I keep meaning to set up new ones on redfin.    For the record stuff under 300k hasn't changed MUCH...the stuff undr 250 is pretty much under 250, but for a long time there were quiite a few attached properties clinging to a price over 300k (nicer properties in nicer cities like Fountain valley) and I am starting to see those drop down into my queury.

I wonder what's selling around 500k right now.

Actually, the CS for costa mesa has not dropped much in the past year.  You maybe get slightly nicer stuff for the money these days, but not dramatically so.

But perhaps that will change this fall.  I'm already seeing hints of it (which I may get around to posting at OCR later this week)

cross post!! I barely have time to check ONE website let alone 2.  Although I made a lot of time today because I burned out early this week.

Talyssa said:
We've been looking at the sub 400 market a lot more closely than the sub 700 market, but i was looking at homes for sale near the parents the other day and I do not recall the 3br2ba 1800 sq ft models having dropped as low as 650 but that seems to be the going rate now.    Did something happen to other parts of OC while this board ws watching the new home collection? Or was I just not paying enough attention. 
The sugar rush has worn off and we are seeing of where the market really should have been.  Again, Irvine prices are being very stubborn to decline.  I have my eye on detached condos and small SFRs in Aliso.  Northern OC has been hit a little harder than Southern OC from what I'm seeing.

Back