Devilicious Dougnuts

traceimage

I saw a sign for Devilicious Doughnuts coming to the plaza at Irvine Center/Jeffrey. I think they are opening in the old boba tea place that used to be there (near Sushilicious which is now closed).

Apparently there is already a Devilicious Doughnuts in Mission Viejo. I checked out the menu and they have "sinful" trendy-type doughnuts, topped with cereal, candy, bacon, etc. I think this trend is kind of overdone, but I'm a strong supporter of doughnuts in general, I will have to check it out when it opens.

I saw the same episode. Grilled cheese is one sandwich they do. Also the build you own grilled cheese.  otherwise, they're a sandwich shop that serves soup. Probably pretty good in their home town, but IMHO, once they franchise, just another subway.

Ooooh, sandwich on a doughnut. 

Ooooh, bacon on doughnut!

Hipster sh*t, here today, gone tomorrow.    I laugh at the hipsters chasing after the food trucks too.  Not saying you can't make a boatload of money at it, but the real thing being sold is a bunch of people thingy they're being cool.

nosuchreality said:
I saw the same episode. Grilled cheese is one sandwich they do. Also the build you own grilled cheese.  otherwise, they're a sandwich shop that serves soup. Probably pretty good in their home town, but IMHO, once they franchise, just another subway.

Ooooh, sandwich on a doughnut. 

Ooooh, bacon on doughnut!

Hipster sh*t, here today, gone tomorrow.    I laugh at the hipsters chasing after the food trucks too.  Not saying you can't make a boatload of money at it, but the real thing being sold is a bunch of people thingy they're being cool.

damn man what are you the no fun police?

yeah but a place where you build your own grilled cheese would sound good to me. dont know about people who eat at food truck being hipsters. im far from a hipster, i just like good grub and some of the trucks offer different things than your typical chain/sit down restaurant. two of my favorites are the kogi truck and the burnt truck.

irvinehomeowner said:
Today is National Donut Day... too bad Homer closed his down... I need to get me a donut.

My cousin still has one in Anaheim Hills.  If you want Donuts, I'll bring em

Homer, does your cousin have mango glazed donuts? I heard a lot about them.. haven't had a donut in a long time! All this talk and craving one with coffee.

I just went to Devilicious Donuts on Tuesday in Mission Viejo as a dessert after eating that AYCE mongolian BBQ. 

I got the Mocha donut and felt that it was way overpriced for what it was.  My wife liked the Devil Donut that she got. 

I saw a lot of donuts that I'd like to try on the menu, but they were mostly covered with "sold out" pieces of tape.

I'd try them again though to try something with bacon.

This one on Jeffery is opening up Aug 31st.  They sent out grand opening coupons a few weeks ago stating that they were now open.  However, when I went there last week they had a sign saying Aug 31st.  I left my house 30 minutes early to pick up donuts for the office and couldn't even get them.  Not a very good start...

h01505EDA

This post is so koweenkadeenk... I just called them 5 minutes ago asking when they will open and they told me the same thing... hoping it's Sept 13.

irvinehomeowner said:
This post is so koweenkadeenk... I just called them 5 minutes ago asking when they will open and they told me the same thing... hoping it's Sept 13.

Coincidence? Or stalking.  :) You decide.

Back