Detached Condo vs SFR

nytransplant

I know this must have been discussed in the past but just wasted to revisit it.  I was in the San Marino sales office to check out the pricing and site plan (just an aside:  it looks like there will be a third batch of homes in area besides carmel and san marino).  The TIC sales women kept referring to Sonoma homes as detached condos based on lot size?  Is there any rules about listing homes as detached condos or SFR?

Sonoma may be zero lot line... but not detached condos.

Maybe a Sonoma owner can chime in here based on their title or CC&Rs/HOA docs... but I believe they only pay the Master Woodbury HOA where condos pay a secondary HOA. In addition, Sonoma has a published lot size where condos do not because you don't own a "lot" in most condos. I have yet to see a detached condo listed on Redfin with an "official" lot size. But who knows, maybe the rules are different now and TIC will start giving you lot sizes for those "detached single family homes".

And yes, this is a subject I've been talking about for a while here and no one really has any concrete answers regarding land ownership, insurance, etc etc outside of the standard definition of "condo".

Sonoma is SFR and the HOA fee is $105.  There's no second HOA fee like condos do.

TIC sales people are trying to justify the premium for the lot size. 

In many cases, sales people (home, electronics, or auto) are usually not the brightest, most informed, or honest people.  This just reinforces the stereotype.  Of course, there are bright, informed and honest sales people.  Just not a lot of them.

Back