Delano at Eastwood

eyephone said:
Do you think the Fed that sets interest rate plays a role in real estate?

The Fed doesn't control longer term interest rates, it only controls short term rates.  Last I checked, 10-year bond rates (which mortgage rates sorta trade off) have been bleeding lower toward 2.80% and mortgage rates have gone from 4.75% to 4.25% since the 10-year bond rates were over 3%. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

The Fed doesn't control longer term interest rates, it only controls short term rates.  Last I checked, 10-year bond rates (which mortgage rates sorta trade off) have been bleeding lower toward 2.80% and mortgage rates have gone from 4.75% to 4.25% since the 10-year bond rates were over 3%.

Some people blamed Greenspan that caused the last real estate fall. (that?s what people say-they really do) ;)

eyephone said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
eyephone said:

Some people blamed Greenspan that caused the last real estate fall. (that?s what people say-they really do) ;)

I blame super easy loans for the real estate crash that we got, I don't think the Fed was really to blame.  It was greed by everyone involved in the process...buyers, sellers, lenders, realtors, underwriters, appraisers, etc.

?Greenspan admits ?mistake? that helped crisis

Badgered by lawmakers, former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan denied the nation?s economic crisis was his fault on Thursday but conceded the meltdown had revealed a flaw in a lifetime of economic thinking and left him in a ?state of shocked disbelief.?

Greenspan, 82, acknowledged under questioning that he had made a ?mistake? in believing that banks, operating in their own self-interest, would do what was necessary to protect their shareholders and institutions. Greenspan called that ?a flaw in the model ... that defines how the world works.?

He acknowledged that he had also been wrong in rejecting fears that the five-year housing boom was turning into an unsustainable speculative bubble that could harm the economy when it burst. Greenspan maintained during that period that home prices were unlikely to post a significant decline nationally because housing was a local market.

He said Thursday that he held to that belief because until the current housing slump there had never been such a significant decline in prices nationwide. He said the current financial crisis had ?turned out to be much broader than anything that I could have imagined.?

Source: http://www.nbcnews.com/id/27335454/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/t/greenspan-admits-mistake-helped-crisis/

My comment:
My condolences for those who lost their home/job/life savings due to the previous housing crisis.

Burn That Belly said:
New phase release this week-

Prices went up for plan 1 and 2. Plan 3 stayed flat. Probably better to buy the resale because this won't be delivered till April 2019, plus you can negotiate the resale.

HnVTnoP.jpg

But there is no resale of Delano. The only one that listed last week is gone with the cash.

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
But there is no resale of Delano. The only one that listed last week is gone with the cash.

How do we know it's cash?  Insider info from the realturd?  ;)

Redfin says Pending right away instead of Accepting Backups.
Doesn't that usually mean cash offer?

Mety said:
Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:

How do we know it's cash?  Insider info from the realturd?  ;)

Redfin says Pending right away instead of Accepting Backups.
Doesn't that usually mean cash offer?

Either that or they had multiple offers which means they have back-up offers.

Perhaps I am missing something here, but could someone please explain to me the appeal of Delano at Eastwood? I am trying to justify the price and product in my head, but I can't seem to.

Those prices are crazy. Plan 1 costs more than what we bought our 3,000 sq ft house on an almost 5k sq ft lot.

I feel bad for suckers, I mean buyers, buying right now.

qwerty said:
Those prices are crazy. Plan 1 costs more than what we bought our 3,000 sq ft house on an almost 5k sq ft lot.

I feel bad for suckers, I mean buyers, buying right now.

Yeah, a carriage 3-bedroom unit over garage with no upgrades is selling for more than what you paid for your SFR home and don't forget the $340 HOA. haha

kbinteriordesign said:
Perhaps I am missing something here, but could someone please explain to me the appeal of Delano at Eastwood? I am trying to justify the price and product in my head, but I can't seem to.

Probably because Delano is the last entry level new build in EW and the least expensive new build West of 133.

Delano is a great buy at high $700k to mid $800k but very hard to justify at the current pricing. 

How are the resale price on Petaluma nowadays?  If the price are close, Petaluma would be a smarter buy.  It?s detached and only one HOA fee. 

lnc said:
kbinteriordesign said:

Probably because Delano is the last entry level new build in EW and the least expensive new build West of 133.

Delano is a great buy at high $700k to mid $800k but very hard to justify at the current pricing. 

How are the resale price on Petaluma nowadays?  If the price are close, Petaluma would be a smarter buy.  It?s detached and only one HOA fee.

Three words will sum it up.
Location, locacion, locashion.

I do not agree with the current pricing either, but it's not like the prices of other homes are any better at this point.

#bubblicious

kbinteriordesign said:

You're not missing anything. A person(s) or the same person keeps pumping it here. There are pumpers on every forum whether it's a stock, crypto, or a housing site. 

jajji said:
kbinteriordesign said:

You're not missing anything. A person(s) or the same person keeps pumping it here. There are pumpers on every forum whether it's a stock, crypto, or a housing site.

Who's been pumping it up?
I only saw someone posting price sheets and the nice graph showing how the prices have been over the year.
And some public facts how the resale was being sold fast.

But let's say someone actually has been pumping it ridiculously. Do you really think people are buying after reading these posts here? I bet people, who have been buying these homes each phase so quickly that it's always sold out, do not even look up this forum or know the existence of TI.

Mety said:
jajji said:
kbinteriordesign said:

I only saw someone posting price sheets and the nice graph showing how the prices have been over the year.

But let's say someone actually has been pumping it ridiculously. Do you really think people are buying after reading these posts here? I bet people, who have been buying these homes each phase so quickly that it's always sold out, do not even look up this forum or know the existence of TI.
Maybe someone is pumping up Delano on Wechat. Can someone who knows Simplified Chinese go over to Wechat and let us know?

I am curious to see how the values of these properties will fare in the long term. If there is a correction in the real estate market, even a slight one, these will be interesting to watch. It would probably be helpful to see a price sheet which lists base price plus any premiums/upgrades included.

While we were looking at Celeste, CalPacific had a price sheet on hand that broke down the base price plus the premium for more desirable lots, as well as upgrades. I took some of those costs to the general contractor I work with to see if we were being completely gouged. I was pleasantly surprised to learn that it was only slightly more than what he would charge for a custom job with materials and high quality labor. That gave us more reassurance.

Happiness said:
Mety said:
jajji said:
kbinteriordesign said:

Maybe someone is pumping up Delano on Wechat. Can someone who knows Simplified Chinese go over to Wechat and let us know?

We can all use Google Translate to get the basic idea.
And what is Wechat?

Back