Delano at Eastwood

Mety said:
I understand you though, IHO. You think BTB is bashing too much on GP so you wanna bash on him with his favorite places. You are like a Batman trying to silence the Joker. I get it.
But wait, I thought qwerty was the Batman..

Not really. I think BTB oversells Delano and that has nothing to do with GP.

I've already stated my motivation for countering BTB but I'll repeat for you:

For TI to be useful, it has to at least have multiple viewpoints, ROI is great, but hardly guaranteed and if anyone is looking for a "starter" home, Delano would be last on my recs because it is attached and currently overpriced.

If it's a home you are going to live in, affordability and livability should be primary, ROI doesn't mean anything if you can't pay the mortgage and don't like living in it.

But BTB likes to yell "ROI" to mask these shortfalls and that doesn't help anyone.

Anyways, I think BTB is kinda tired of you and he doesn't wanna get involved with little arguments anymore. In FB, that is called "de-friend."*

I have a "Chicken" thread regarding BTB's non-response. I'm disappointed he's afraid to respond.

And I think you are a BTB burner account. Say Hi to YF and MJ for me. :)

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:
I understand you though, IHO. You think BTB is bashing too much on GP so you wanna bash on him with his favorite places. You are like a Batman trying to silence the Joker. I get it.
But wait, I thought qwerty was the Batman..

Not really. I think BTB oversells Delano and that has nothing to do with GP.

I've already stated my motivation for countering BTB but I'll repeat for you:

For TI to be useful, it has to at least have multiple viewpoints, ROI is great, but hardly guaranteed and if anyone is looking for a "starter" home, Delano would be last on my recs because it is attached and currently overpriced.

If it's a home you are going to live in, affordability and livability should be primary, ROI doesn't mean anything if you can't pay the mortgage and don't like living in it.

But BTB likes to yell "ROI" to mask these shortfalls and that doesn't help anyone.

Anyways, I think BTB is kinda tired of you and he doesn't wanna get involved with little arguments anymore. In FB, that is called "de-friend."*

I have a "Chicken" thread regarding BTB's non-response. I'm disappointed he's afraid to respond.

And I think you are a BTB burner account. Say Hi to YF and MJ for me. :)

Haha. If you are so set on believing I'm BTB is YF is MJ (who is MJ?) then I guess you are going to have that belief no matter what I say.
But just for the record I will say it just so that I don't confuse others - I'm not BTB nor his baby mom. I don't even know who he is. All I know is I think he's Chinese American and he says he lives in OH3. We just happen to have similar viewpoints and there are things we disagree also if you read carefully in other posts.

Different viewpoints are good. Like you said, it would help especially first time buyers to think more thoroughly. And you are right. Delano "used to be" a starter home, but not anymore so you don't have to preach them not to buy. Maybe plan 1 is still kinda affordable, but the price has gone up too far.

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:
Haha. If you are so set on believing I'm BTB is YF is MJ (who is MJ?) then I guess you are going to have that belief no matter what I say.
But just for the record I will say it just so that I don't confuse others - I'm not BTB nor his baby mom. I don't even know who he is. All I know is I think he's Chinese American and he says he lives in OH3. We just happen to have similar viewpoints and there are things we disagree also if you read carefully in other posts.

Different viewpoints are good. Like you said, it would help especially first time buyers to think more thoroughly. And you are right. Delano "used to be" a starter home, but not anymore so you don't have to preach them not to buy. Maybe plan 1 is still kinda affordable, but the price has gone up too far.

Mety, now you know what it's like to be accused of being YF/BTB as the tens of many others on here. It's the final ditch effort when they have no other defense. The easiest weapon, "You're BTB!".  YF is BTB! Aggran is BTB! Hell, all the No on B voters are BTB.

When in doubt on TI, accuse everyone of being YF first, then BTB.

I've accused quite a bit of people for being YF myself. But I still think that 15yr old dude was YF.  >:D

I think once upon a long time ago - you thought BTB = YF.  I just found it interesting that you are such a defender of BTB - most people fight their own battles on here but maybe BTB needs help?
:) :) :)

Well, just seeing misunderstanding and miscommunication kind of bothers me a lot.
I like to clarify things here and there so everyone at least gets the message right.

It's like when you read the Bible, many people tend to read in their own perspective and take it completely wrong. The way to approach right is to understand the background and read from God's perspective. It's the same thing reading other people's post here. I think trying to read from the poster's perspective will help a little bit better to understand more clearly. But of course, you gotta know when one is joking around and not take it seriously.

I myself can end up misunderstanding someone so please do let me know if I do.

Burn That Belly said:
Mety said:

Mety, now you know what it's like to be accused of being YF/BTB as the tens of many others on here. It's the final ditch effort when they have no other defense. The easiest weapon, "You're BTB!".  YF is BTB! Aggran is BTB! Hell, all the No on B voters are BTB.

When in doubt on TI, accuse everyone of being YF first, then BTB.
You don't get it, it's not #hoodbashing or #hooddefense, it's #credibility.

If you can't back up your opinions other than just yelling the same concept over and over, that lowers your credibility.

If you change your screen name numerous times, that lowers your credibility.

If you can't respond to people who have a different opinion than yours and choose to silence them, that lowers your credibility.

Funny how you talk about about "no other defense"... have you given an honest answer to the question about if you would buy and live in an attached property like Delano? I don't think "ROI ROI ROI ROI!!!" is a good defense.

Mety said:

But that's not what was happening before I jumped in this thread. It was all BTB talking about location and then appreciation (which for some reason he switched to ROI).

It was when I posted a different viewpoint, then he had to start bringing GP into it (hoping that would get to me, which it didn't) and then he had drag in the cemetery too (another non-issue for me).

And I don't think anyone really thinks you are BTB, but the way you say you know his stance and viewpoint and how you defend him really does come off like you are his wife. If I could thank bones' post 10 more times, I would... because that was hilarious.

Kind of reminds me of the old IHB days where IHS' wife would get into threads defending IHS about math and traffic (yes, I'm old, but some things I always remember). :)

I can say so much to IHO (not bad words or anything but explain/clarify), but I will just let you be.
I respect you as you seem to be one of the original members here.

But let me ask you, where do you recommend for starters homes as of now?
I will expect a clear answer, your own opinion which will not be counted an absolutely right answer so no pressure.

Mety said:
I will expect a clear answer, your own opinion which will not be counted an absolutely right answer so no pressure.

I made a thread for that (newest detachedest homes for under $1m).

But for a starter home, I would go with detached older resale... SFR if you can, if not, condos like the ones in QH (but higher HOA is a cost you have to math in).

If you want more bang for the buck, pick a hood just outside of Irvine that doesn't have MRs (like if you're single or DINK). If you have kids, that's tough, because it's very close to unaffordable for bigger homes in Irvine... that's when you need in-law/parental help.

Burn That Belly said:
Mety

Just leave the demented alone. Kind of like the homeless.

de?ment?ed
d??men(t)?d/

driven to behave irrationally due to anger, distress, or excitement.

There's the BTB we know.

irvinehomeowner said:
Mety said:

I made a thread for that (newest detachedest homes for under $1m).

But for a starter home, I would go with detached older resale... SFR if you can, if not, condos like the ones in QH (but higher HOA is a cost you have to math in).

If you want more bang for the buck, pick a hood just outside of Irvine that doesn't have MRs (like if you're single or DINK). If you have kids, that's tough, because it's very close to unaffordable for bigger homes in Irvine... that's when you need in-law/parental help.

Thanks for your opinion.

When I was single, I was tempted to buy outside of Irvine because they were cheaper, but bought an older attached condo in Irvine anyways. I lived alone so it was fine. Just wanted to live in Irvine since I heard it was a safe place and a good investment overall. Little did I know, my place was appreciating like crazy and I could sell it to buy a bigger place. Now with a wife and a kid, we are at a detached home in Irvine, but if I first bought in another city, then I don't think there could have been as much ROI made for the following down payment. Thus I think attached Irvine condo is not as bad as you think for the starters. Although as I've mentioned in other threads, I could not stand hearing neighbor's noise from the attached condo. But I hear the newer homes have pretty good sound proof so I don't see much negativity anymore.

IHO, I would like to hear why you are preaching for the detached homes. Of course it is better to buy a detached for ROI purposes, but since you keep saying it's not all about ROI, I would want to hear other reasons.

Back