Delano at Eastwood

I'll check it out this weekend.  I think that plan 3 looks like it'll be popular.  Smart of them to make it a 4 bedroom with a bedroom and bath on the 1st floor...Asians will like that for sure.  For $800k it would seem to be a better purchase than Helena at $770k+

Isn't floor plan for residence 3 similar to Caserta?

YellowFever said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:
I'll check it out this weekend.  I think that plan 3 looks like it'll be popular.  Smart of them to make it a 4 bedroom with a bedroom and bath on the 1st floor...Asians will like that for sure.  For $800k it would seem to be a better purchase than Helena at $770k+

That's exactly what I told my wife. We were almost close to buying in Helena at one time last year in the summer but after seeing Delano, I told her, damn I'm glad we didn't buy Helena.

Helena may look much better on the outside and all, but for the money, my wife and I agreed Delano gave you a better deal/value. I mean, California room, courtyard, extra bedroom, high ceiling master bedroom, balcony, juliet balcony, and the strategic location near the parks are all winners.

Helena has a lot of dead space (hallways) and living rooms aren't that big and they charge a lot of $ still. However, Helena does certainly still feel slightly more 'classier'. Delano is just better value and efficient use of space.

HOA? Mello Roos? Why is Phase4 res3 is cheaper than phase1?

YellowFever said:
OCLuvr said:

Residence 3 delano vs Caserta residence 3X?  It's similar sort of. but not really. Caserta has a loft upstairs.

Ocluver you bought at Caserta?

OCLuvr said:

YellowFever said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:

That's exactly what I told my wife. We were almost close to buying in Helena at one time last year in the summer but after seeing Delano, I told her, damn I'm glad we didn't buy Helena.

Helena may look much better on the outside and all, but for the money, my wife and I agreed Delano gave you a better deal/value. I mean, California room, courtyard, extra bedroom, high ceiling master bedroom, balcony, juliet balcony, and the strategic location near the parks are all winners.

Helena has a lot of dead space (hallways) and living rooms aren't that big and they charge a lot of $ still. However, Helena does certainly still feel slightly more 'classier'. Delano is just better value and efficient use of space.

Nope

eyephone said:
Ocluver you bought at Caserta?

OCLuvr said:

YellowFever said:
SoclosetoIrvine said:

aquabliss said:
Heads up to everyone interested in this - it's very similar to the Treo layout in Woodbury I lived in for 5 years, also built by Brookfield.  I was at first worried about the garage noise with the unit above all 3 garages but the builder actually installs ultra quiet openers and the garage noise is not an issue.

However, what I didn't realize until after I bought the place is that living above 3 garages is HOT HOT HOT in the summer months.  You think your current 2nd story is hot... Wait until you live a day above garages that are 115F and not cooled.  That living area is miserable and on hot days I could set the AC to 80 and it would run all day (never got cool enough to turn itself off).  Then there's the $400 per mo AC bill that you had to pay just to keep your condo to a cool 80 degrees.  Enjoy ;)

That's odd.  The living space of my condo is above my two car garage.  My 2nd floor living room and kitchen is not hot at all.  I barely use the A/C, very rarely will it get up over 80 and that's during summer, it usually stays under 75 without A/C running.  This is in Ladera Ranch.  Maybe something else is up with your home.

YellowFever said:
Overall, we felt residence 2 was very impressive.  The upstairs floor plan was VERY efficient, so much more so than IP's products in Helena/Petaluma. The master bathroom was bigger and not narrow like a corridor in Petaluma. Residence 2 also had a whopping high ceiling master bedroom which felt like a beach house on the second floor. The optional balcony elevation or juliet balcony is going to sell well. Residence 2's great room was impressive and felt spacious than the floor plan suggests. The outdoor courtyard in my opinion was better than Helena's residences. But Petaluma still wins with the courtyard.

Residence 3 features 4 bedrooms, 1downstairs. The downstairs bathroom is a FULL bath with shower! Again, I'm very pleased with brookfield's efficient use of space. I gotta say, they are a bit better than Helena on the upstairs. The downstairs great room is going to be smaller than residence 2 because of the protruding bedroom 4 that eats into the space of the great room.  It's not too noticeable initally but when you walk back to residence 2, you can definitely tell residence 2 is wider. I confirmed that on the interactive floor plan, residence 2 is definitely 2 feet wider in the great room overall and 1 foot longer in depth from kitchen to front door.  It makes a difference I guess.

Residence 1 does not get a backyard but they do have a crappy balcony that reminds me of Caserta. Residence 1 to me is more geared towards the bachelor pad or students who like to share the home.  This is because you have to climb the stairs up to the main floor all the time. Not going to sell too fast but who knows, the price certainly reflects the budget conscious buyer at mid to high 600s.

Overall, I think residence 1 and 2 prices are reasonable and reflect what you get. Residence 3 is pushing a bit expensive for attached, but I can see why they charge that much because it does indeed have 4 bedrooms and we know an extra bedroom is like +$40,000 in the appraisal value typically.

My wife loves residence 2 and would be willing to give up 1 bedroom just for the 'better feel' of residence 2 and the great room space. I personally prefer to have the extra downstairs 4th bedroom and sacrafice some space in the great room. Both residences gets you a decent comparable courtyard.

The California room is standard in residence 2 and 3 while residence 3 has the slightly bigger overhang/california room than residence 2. Overall, I am impressed and pleased with the efficient floor plans. I couldn't find much fault for the money you're paying.

For investment purposes, best to buy low and sell high while maintaining some 'desirability'. So to that regard, shoot for residence 2.
For budget conscious buyers who still want 3 bedrooms but want all the amenities EW has to offer and Northwood high, can't go too wrong with residence 1. But climbing stairs do suck and you'll have to live with that.

For the people who live with the in-laws like all the Indian families I saw, you'll probably want to spend the extra $40-50k premium and get the 4th bedroom to please the mother-in-law.  ;)

Delano appears to be geared towards the younger families, just starting out, have 2 young kids, and is strategically well-placed in the community so that kids have quick access across the street to the parks and community center.

I agree that Helena is wasting space with hallways but I've never been a fan of models where you open the door and you're into the living room. Also, Delano plans are fully attached. A good number of Helena homes are only attached by the garage. I compared the great room size and they seem very similar for plans 2 (14x22 for Helena and 13x13 + 13x9 for Delano). I think you are a little limited with dining area options because of the hallway, basically the largest table you can have that looks good is a 72inch. How do backyard sizes compare?

What I like about the Delano floorplan is that master bedroom is little smaller and master bath is little smaller in Delano vs Helena but you're also gaining a California room. I would do that sacrifice for sure, although I do enjoy the backyard pergola area in Helena as well.

To be honest, I'm quite shocked by the price tag. I bought Helena plan 2 in early phases, I thought it was pretty similar to Petaluma and thought it had some room to appreciate since it was priced same as other townhomes without a yard and worse floor plans selling in Irvine at that time. Prices seem to have gone up drastically since we bought. However, has the whole market really good up that much. When I look for resale similar units, they seem cheaper than what Helena or Delano sell for and in a resale unit, you'd get a built yard. I'm guessing people are willing to pay a big premium to have a new home.

In your phase, what was pricing for all three Helena plans?

yoyo2012 said:
YellowFever said:
Overall, we felt residence 2 was very impressive.  The upstairs floor plan was VERY efficient, so much more so than IP's products in Helena/Petaluma. The master bathroom was bigger and not narrow like a corridor in Petaluma. Residence 2 also had a whopping high ceiling master bedroom which felt like a beach house on the second floor. The optional balcony elevation or juliet balcony is going to sell well. Residence 2's great room was impressive and felt spacious than the floor plan suggests. The outdoor courtyard in my opinion was better than Helena's residences. But Petaluma still wins with the courtyard.

Residence 3 features 4 bedrooms, 1downstairs. The downstairs bathroom is a FULL bath with shower! Again, I'm very pleased with brookfield's efficient use of space. I gotta say, they are a bit better than Helena on the upstairs. The downstairs great room is going to be smaller than residence 2 because of the protruding bedroom 4 that eats into the space of the great room.  It's not too noticeable initally but when you walk back to residence 2, you can definitely tell residence 2 is wider. I confirmed that on the interactive floor plan, residence 2 is definitely 2 feet wider in the great room overall and 1 foot longer in depth from kitchen to front door.  It makes a difference I guess.

Residence 1 does not get a backyard but they do have a crappy balcony that reminds me of Caserta. Residence 1 to me is more geared towards the bachelor pad or students who like to share the home.  This is because you have to climb the stairs up to the main floor all the time. Not going to sell too fast but who knows, the price certainly reflects the budget conscious buyer at mid to high 600s.

Overall, I think residence 1 and 2 prices are reasonable and reflect what you get. Residence 3 is pushing a bit expensive for attached, but I can see why they charge that much because it does indeed have 4 bedrooms and we know an extra bedroom is like +$40,000 in the appraisal value typically.

My wife loves residence 2 and would be willing to give up 1 bedroom just for the 'better feel' of residence 2 and the great room space. I personally prefer to have the extra downstairs 4th bedroom and sacrafice some space in the great room. Both residences gets you a decent comparable courtyard.

The California room is standard in residence 2 and 3 while residence 3 has the slightly bigger overhang/california room than residence 2. Overall, I am impressed and pleased with the efficient floor plans. I couldn't find much fault for the money you're paying.

For investment purposes, best to buy low and sell high while maintaining some 'desirability'. So to that regard, shoot for residence 2.
For budget conscious buyers who still want 3 bedrooms but want all the amenities EW has to offer and Northwood high, can't go too wrong with residence 1. But climbing stairs do suck and you'll have to live with that.

For the people who live with the in-laws like all the Indian families I saw, you'll probably want to spend the extra $40-50k premium and get the 4th bedroom to please the mother-in-law.  ;)

Delano appears to be geared towards the younger families, just starting out, have 2 young kids, and is strategically well-placed in the community so that kids have quick access across the street to the parks and community center.

I agree that Helena is wasting space with hallways but I've never been a fan of models where you open the door and you're into the living room. Also, Delano plans are fully attached. A good number of Helena homes are only attached by the garage. I compared the great room size and they seem very similar for plans 2 (14x22 for Helena and 13x13 + 13x9 for Delano). I think you are a little limited with dining area options because of the hallway, basically the largest table you can have that looks good is a 72inch. How do backyard sizes compare?

What I like about the Delano floorplan is that master bedroom is little smaller and master bath is little smaller in Delano vs Helena but you're also gaining a California room. I would do that sacrifice for sure, although I do enjoy the backyard pergola area in Helena as well.

To be honest, I'm quite shocked by the price tag. I bought Helena plan 2 in early phases, I thought it was pretty similar to Petaluma and thought it had some room to appreciate since it was priced same as other townhomes without a yard and worse floor plans selling in Irvine at that time. Prices seem to have gone up drastically since we bought. However, has the whole market really good up that much. When I look for resale similar units, they seem cheaper than what Helena or Delano sell for and in a resale unit, you'd get a built yard. I'm guessing people are willing to pay a big premium to have a new home.

OCLuvr said:

yoyo2012 said:
YellowFever said:

I think about 90k or so less for base price. However they were forcing about 20k of upgrades (I would have probably done most of them except 3k for paint and the upgraded isolation).

yoyo2012 said:
OCLuvr said:

yoyo2012 said:
YellowFever said:

I think about 90k or so less for base price. However they were forcing about 20k of upgrades (I would have probably done most of them except 3k for paint and the upgraded isolation).

3K for paint? What did they do?

OCLuvr said:

When I was looking early May 2016, these were the prices

plan 1 - $666,447
plan 2 - $682,352-$717,377
plan 3 - $698,594-$728,345

The differences in the prices were some pre-included upgrades, like what yoyo2012 said, causing the differences in price.  Only 1 of the homes in each release was more "base"

Back