Dean Graziosi - Real Estate Guru

Hello all,

I have went to John T. Reed's website which profiles several real estate "gurus." Dean Graziosi is not on there. Has anyone heard anything about him or read any of his books? I'm guessing there is some expensive "mentor" program that goes along with it, but any thoughts or comments would be interesting to hear.

I am suspect of all real estate gurus. There are no secrets to wealth in real estate. The principles of real estate investing are widely known, and they have been for decades. The "secret" of being a "guru" is to convince people you have a secret and get them to pay you money to hear it.

[quote author="IrvineRenter" date=1239829385]I am suspect of all real estate gurus. There are no secrets to wealth in real estate. The principles of real estate investing are widely known, and they have been for decades. The "secret" of being a "guru" is to convince people you have a secret and get them to pay you money to hear it.</blockquote>

The advent of the internet has commoditized all this information, and much of this is freely available. The downside with the availability of all this information, especially to noobs, is figuring out what is useful and relevant and what is not. While I don't disagree, there is value in one experienced in the industry distilling all this information based on experience, not necessarily "secrets." In any event, the next confusing step is trying to figure out which of these "gurus" provides the information you seek in a manner that makes sense to you.

Yes, from what IR has said, John T. Reed is one of the legit real estate authors out there. Unfortunately his information is not free. He has several books (18 or so). Each of them cost about $30-40. IR, which ones have you read, and which do you think would be the most beneficial to start?

Back