daddy & mommy moments

thanks everyone for your responses to my <a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/5926/">bummer thread </a>today...

I do have a lot to be thankful for... and I know God has placed us in these circles for a reason. For such is a time like this, where we are called to just love, listen and serve. What better people to minister than the heavy hearted.

I just wanted to share that this is also the same year that my heart just grew about ten times the size. This is the year that my wife and I fell in love with our little guy. I can't imagine life without our son. He has just been such a blessing, and every day he grows and discovers has simply amaze and delight our very being. He is my beloved son, whom I dearly love... I want to just share a daddy moment, and although he has taken a lot of time away from work, I wouldn't trade every second holding and comforting him for the world...

Yesterday when we came back from his six month vaccine shots, he developed another very slight fever. The sad look he gave me as I lay him on my shoulders simply melted my heart. The world could be falling apart, there could have been a million things running through my head, the anxieties and stresses of the schedule could be mounting, my phone could have been ringing, but at that very moment as he hugged my neck and put his signature hand up my t-shirt sleeves my heart just sank; my entire life purpose at that instance was just to be his daddy to hold and comfort him. I can?t even begin to describe how precious those few seconds were, but it?s those moments of joy, purpose, meaning that will get me through some of these tough times?

Here is another favorite <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/05/master-sgt-joseph-myers-d_n_211765.html">daddy moment</a>, what are some of yours? BTW I like to hear mommy moments, or if any of you care to start another thread...

I have a grandma moment to share. My grandson was going to be staying with one of his other grandparents for a week. Upon hearing that he would be leaving his sister started bawling to the point of sobbing saying she didn't want Bubba to go. He is very sensitive to her feelings and in turn he started to cry also. I thought this was so sweet and yet so ironic considering he had me in tears the week before just being a typical eight year old kid.

I have a mommy moment to share:

A few years back I was running a grueling non-stop schedule. My kids started to catch on that I was over extending myself as they found me many mornings working on my laptop in the same clothes from the night before. I was really touched one evening when they came to me with a list of things they would take on so my burden could be lessened. They also left me notes of appreciation tape to my bedroom door on the nights I could not get home in time to tuck them in. I, of course, was riddled with guilt through this whole period for not spending enough time with them. They on the other hand were just filled with sweetness and not a ounce of bitterness. My favorite quote is from Mother Teresa whom said "Poverty exists where there is no love". I'm lucky to be very rich because of them.

Alright, I?ll share another daddy moment? This must have been a month or so ago, I was running some errands around Woodbury Towncenter with the baby in his jogging stroller. I went into Ralph?s to get some groceries and noticed some children books in the magazine/book section. I picked up a few books and started to read to the little guy, I read; <a href="http://www.amazon.com/I-Love-You-Stinky-Face/dp/0439634695/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250702738&sr=1-1">I Love You Stinky Face </a>and it really touched me. Watching my son react, cooing and getting bright eyed; I pick up another book; <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Children-Can-You-Hear-Me/dp/0973358610/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250702679&sr=1-1">Children Can You Hear Me?</a> ? Its a Christian children?s book about encouraging children to hear from God at an early age. I nearly broke down in tears right there in Ralph?s! There I was a scruffy, lanky Asian dude with a Caucasian looking baby, balling his eyes out. I?m not sure if I caused a scene but that will be another very special memory?

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1250823342]RC,

Were you married at a hotel or church?</blockquote>

?? At Church, of course! Why... in the small Church were I practically grew up... it was a the new building though, very plain and simple in Lomita.. but we were the first to get married in it...

Thanks to IR2, I have another <a href="http://www.amazon.com/Giving-Tree-40th-Anniversary-Book/dp/0060586753/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250798507&sr=1-1">book </a>to share those tender moments with my son! Deuce, thanks again for taking the time to meet up, I really appreciate it!

[quote author="roundcorners" date=1250823683][quote author="bkshopr" date=1250823342]RC,

?? At Church, of course! Why... in the small Church were I practically grew up... it was a the new building though, very plain and simple in Lomita.. but we were the first to get married in it...</blockquote>

Chinese Community Church of South Bay built up against the back side of the sidewalk?

Bread of life in Torrance is a lot older and has been there for a long time?

Do you know the Rolling Hills Shopping Center where the AMC is or the Home Depot/In and Out Burger Center on Lomita? I designed both.

Do you know the Woo family and they are religious like you? They used to own a noodle restaurant next to the hobby store at the corner of Crenshaw and Lomita.

1960's Torrance was the Chinese "Irvine" back then.

[quote author="bkshopr" date=1250824455][quote author="roundcorners" date=1250823683][quote author="bkshopr" date=1250823342]RC,

?? At Church, of course! Why... in the small Church were I practically grew up... it was a the new building though, very plain and simple in Lomita.. but we were the first to get married in it...</blockquote>

Chinese Community Church of South Bay built up against the back side of the sidewalk?

Bread of life in Torrance is a lot older and has been there for a long time?

Do you know the Rolling Hills Shopping Center where the AMC is or the Home Depot/In and Out Burger Center on Lomita? I designed both.

Do you know the Woo family and they are religious like you? They used to own a noodle restaurant next to the hobby store at the corner of Crenshaw and Lomita.

1960's Torrance was the Chinese "Irvine" back then.</blockquote>

I know both Churches very well,, had friends growing up that went back and forth... No, our church was a small Taiwanese Presbyterian, within the TPC denomination, PCUSA presbytery... I know you reference the South Bay a lot in your posts, and am sorr I didn't participated more... I grew up in Harbor City and Torrance, since the late 80's... Went to Torrance High and El Camino College... I remember the old Rolling Hills Plaza before the conversion... It had that little theater and remember going to the Rolling Hills Gym there to play tennis... When Torrance Crossroads came in, that was the coolest plaza... Claim Jumbers, In & Out was the hang out on a Friday night... I know a few families from both Churches, dated a gal from CCCSB... I think I went to HS with a Woo, Christina? I'm not sure if they owned a noodle place...

Back