Site 3: 00504119-PMP ? Veneto    ? 352 Units
            Site 4: 00504132-PMP ? Umbria    ? 435 Units

irviniteeee said:
There will be 4 apartment complexes:

Site 1: 00504128-PMP ? Murano  ? 628 Units   
            Site 2: 00504125-PMP ? Cadenza ? 262 Units
            Site 3: 00504119-PMP ? Veneto    ? 352 Units
            Site 4: 00504132-PMP ? Umbria    ? 435 Units

It might be called Cypress Village but this sure sounds like Woodbury II--except for higher HOA & MR, more traffic noise from the I5, and higher density (i.e. more attached products).

Under Current Discretionary Projects Under Review:http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=11038

" Cypress Village PA 40 Community Park...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 388 attached and detached residential condominiums...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 136 residential condominium units (triplex) ...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 123 residential condominium motorcourt units ...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 129 residential condominiums ..."

No maps on the page but at least we can get an idea of what type of products are rolling out for CV when they open.

kayochan said:
Under Current Discretionary Projects Under Review:http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=11038

" Cypress Village PA 40 Community Park...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 388 attached and detached residential condominiums...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 136 residential condominium units (triplex) ...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 123 residential condominium motorcourt units ...
Tentative Tract Map 17415 for 129 residential condominiums ..."

No maps on the page but at least we can get an idea of what type of products are rolling out for CV when they open.
Maybe Cypress Village should be renamed to Apartment and Condo Village.  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume this will be the most dense Irvine Village.

irviniteeee said:

According to this site, CV will have up to 3500 residential units (ownership and rental together).    It also states that the 4 apt complexes at CV will have a total of 1677 rental units.  So there may be 3500-1677 = 1823 units of ownership (non-rental properties).

My previous post re: the condo's to be built totals to 776 total units.  So there are still 1823 - 776 = 1047 total units that may be built that are not listed in my previous post.  Maybe they will be SFR's and TIC will build the cheaper condos first.  When the economy turns around, they will build/sell SFR's?

kayochan said:
irviniteeee said:

According to this site, CV will have up to 3500 residential units (ownership and rental together).    It also states that the 4 apt complexes at CV will have a total of 1677 rental units.  So there may be 3500-1677 = 1823 units of ownership (non-rental properties).

My previous post re: the condo's to be built totals to 776 total units.  So there are still 1823 - 776 = 1047 total units left that are not listed.  Maybe they will be the SFR's and TIC will build the cheaper condos first and when the economy turns around, they will sell SFR's?
Maybe they'll try to sell those 2,800sf homes on motorcourts over there.

USCTrojanCPA said:
kayochan said:
irviniteeee said:

My previous post re: the condo's to be built totals to 776 total units.  So there are still 1823 - 776 = 1047 total units left that are not listed.  Maybe they will be the SFR's and TIC will build the cheaper condos first and when the economy turns around, they will sell SFR's?

As much as I want to laugh at the above, seeing what they ended up doing with LA makes me think that this is no joke. 

kayochan said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
kayochan said:
irviniteeee said:

As much as I want to laugh at the above, seeing what they ended up doing with LA makes me think that this is no joke. 
You know, it should be funny but the reality and the sad part is that is where TIC is going now.  I want to see them fall flat on their face when they try to jam this type of product on perspective buyers.  Hopefully those buyers will vote against this kind of housing product with their wallets.  Is it asking too much for a traditional detached home (2,000-2.500sf) on a regular street with a 4,000-5,000sf lot priced from $700k to $850k? 

We should all vote the Irvine City Council for approving this kind of crappy development.  As soon as my kids graduate highs school I'm leaving Irvine.  All it will be in about 5 years is full of apartments renters and low end housing dwellers.  It is a sad state of affairs...

Irvineburbs said:
We should all vote the Irvine City Council for approving this kind of crappy development.  As soon as my kids graduate highs school I'm leaving Irvine.  All it will be in about 5 years is full of apartments renters and low end housing dwellers.  It is a sad state of affairs...
I think we all know that TIC has the City Council members in their back pocket....TIC tells the City Council to jump and they ask how high. 

That's too bad.  I just hope home prices don't go down.  But usually it is not a good sign when everything around you are apartments and high density housing.  It obvious why TIC would want this as it fillss up their shopping centers and office building, but this is not good for the residents that have to live here.  Long term outlook is not good for Irvine (sorry to say)...

Irvineburbs said:
That's too bad.  I just hope home prices don't go down.  But usually it is not a good sign when everything around you are apartments and high density housing.  It obvious why TIC would want this as it fillss up their shopping centers and office building, but this is not good for the residents that have to live here.  Long term outlook is not good for Irvine (sorry to say)...

I don't think Irvine (the city or TIC) wanted these to be built:
http://articles.ocregister.com/2009-10-16/news/24570580_1_housing-mandate-affordable-housing-scag

I may be wrong but I think this mandate is what led to Cypress Village (as well as the future Great Park housing) However, I do understand the need for them and Irvine does seem to have the most room for building them.

26inirvine said:
Irvineburbs said:

http://articles.ocregister.com/2009-10-16/news/24570580_1_housing-mandate-affordable-housing-scag

I may be wrong but I think this mandate is what led to Cypress Village (as well as the future Great Park housing) However, I do understand the need for them and Irvine does seem to have the most room for building them.

Where are they going to put 20,000+ affordable housing units in Irvine?  I know they have 2-3 affordable housing apts in WB and they may make some in CV and GP.  But that 's a lot of housing.  Are most going in the Great Park?

That would be my guess.  Maybe some in East of Orange?  not sure if that is considered Irvine over there?
http://www.eastoforange.com/

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the plans of Portola Springs or Stone Gate or Orchard Hills whats left of Woodbury gets changed as I believe they have to get most of it done by 2014 or 2015.  Doesn't seem like a lot of time.

But that could be why you will see a lot more building in the next few years even though demand isn't really there.

26inirvine said:
Irvineburbs said:

It was from a government mandate that they will have to build these if memory serves.

Yes, that is correct.  My point was more stating that TIC doesn't want this.  They (although article more specifically states the City of Irvine)  fought against it and lost and therefore are being forced to build them somewhere.  So of course, they pick the area closest to the 5.

Back