Cypress Village Homes

bella said:
He said there are 50-100 people on the waiting list now.

Looks like people are dropping out.  He told me there were over 100 a few weeks ago.  They priced these too high.  When there are no more suckers willing to buy there will be panic price drops.

test said:
bella said:
He said there are 50-100 people on the waiting list now.

Looks like people are dropping out.  He told me there were over 100 a few weeks ago.  They priced these too high.  When there are no more suckers willing to buy there will be panic price drops.

Hopefully that'll be the case.

qwerty said:
Has TIC ever dropped prices?? Or will they just give out a bunch of incentives?
They dropped prices ONCE....at Laguna Altura about 6 months after they started selling the homes.  Other than that, no other price drops but they threw in incentives.

USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
They dropped prices ONCE....at Laguna Altura about 6 months after they started selling the homes.  Other than that, no other price drops but they threw in incentives.

Laguna Altura started selling at the market bottom.  Cypress Village at the market top.  They're nuts, they know nothing.  This is a different kind of market.  And TIC is asleep.

Because of you Test a team of profiling professional is happily employed.

test said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:

Laguna Altura started selling at the market bottom.  Cypress Village at the market top.  They're nuts, they know nothing.  This is a different kind of market.  And TIC is asleep.

I filled the application for pre-approval and submitted all the documents more than 2 weeks ago. I haven't received any call from Wells Fargo yet. I emailed them twice and got the canned response - "We are in the process of completing the preapproval and will reach out to you if anything else is needed".

Any idea how long it takes them to pre-approve?

obirvine said:
I filled the application for pre-approval and submitted all the documents more than 2 weeks ago. I haven't received any call from Wells Fargo yet. I emailed them twice and got the canned response - "We are in the process of completing the preapproval and will reach out to you if anything else is needed".

Took 2 or 3 days for my WFB pre-approval, however, mine wasn't for a TIC community.

obirvine said:

I'm sure they are swamped with buyers wanting to get pre-approvals done to get on the various waitlists so I'm sure they just don't have the manpower to go through them in a timely manner.  I'd keep following up with them every 2-3 days until you get it. 

They are going through and processing apps from FCBs first.  When the market tanks there's less chance these buyers will cancel and flood TIC with unsold inventory.

No need to rush to buy a home in Irvine now. Going forward in the next 2-3 years, there will be plenty of new construction, with 10,000 homes planned for the Great Park neighborhood alone.  Don't fall for TIC marketing gimmick on their website "Call for Availability" bull crap for Cypress Village, and their other villages.  Good things happens to those who wait? I think this is so true this time around!

obirvine said:

You should get pre-qualified letter pretty soon.  I have dealt with Well fargo before and they are very pleasant to work with.  Just remember,  it is when you summit the your application that counts,  not when you'll get the approval.  Sooner you summit your application, higher up you are on their list. 

lnc said:
obirvine said:

You should get pre-qualified letter pretty soon.  I have dealt with Well fargo before and they are very pleasant to work with.  Just remember,  it is when you summit the your application that counts,  not when you'll get the approval.  Sooner you summit your application, higher up you are on their list.

Sell when everyone is mostly buying, buy when everyone is mostly selling. Be greedy when others are in fear! The fear will be here soon, late 2013 or 2014. Forget the list. The list is for fools.

obirvine said:

Wells Fargo told me that it takes 7 business days, but they took close to 3 weeks. Stearn's Lending (for William Lyons Homes) took less than 24 hours to get preapproved and be placed on priority list.

lnc said:
obirvine said:

Wells Fargo didnt send me any letter. They just emailed me and CC'd the IP sales office telling them I was preapproved.

jamboreedude said:
No need to rush to buy a home in Irvine now. Going forward in the next 2-3 years, there will be plenty of new construction, with 10,000 homes planned for the Great Park neighborhood alone.  Don't fall for TIC marketing gimmick on their website "Call for Availability" bull crap for Cypress Village, and their other villages.  Good things happens to those who wait? I think this is so true this time around!

Hate to sound like a NAR shill but there is good reason to "buy now"

1)  Interest rates will go up...question is how fast and how high.  We are able to buy in Irvine largely because the interest is low.  If you bump the interests up a few points, some people will get priced out.

2)  Great Park is not the same as SG, Woodbury or CV.  The key point would be that the GP is over superfund site and a former military base.

3)  A significant portion of GP will not be in the Irvine school district which is a big reason why people buy in Irvine

4)  I just don't think the prices will come down.  They may not increase by a lot but they are not going down.

Back