Crime Wave at South Coast Plaza

iacrenter

Another robbery at SCP. This makes 3 in the last few weeks. This mall is ghetto.
http://m.ocregister.com/articles/store-704037-police-selinsky.html

---------------------------

Masked men hold up Zara at South Coast Plaza The Orange County Register

Feb. 13, 2016

|
Updated 12:24 p.m.

By SEAN EMERY, STAFF WRITER ?
Two masked men carried out an armed robbery at South Coast Plaza late Friday night, police said.

Employees were held at gunpoint by at least two men who entered Zara, a clothing store, after closing at about 10:15 p.m., Costa Mesa police Sgt. Matt Selinsky said.

The robbers took money from registers and a safe, Selinsky said, as well as personal items from the employees.

The men were gone within minutes, Selinsky said, with surveillance video catching them driving off in a sedan.

Police have not released a detailed description of the getaway vehicle or the robbers, who were reportedly wearing dark clothing.

No injuries were reported.

The hold-up comes several weeks after a smash and grab robbery was carried out at a Rolex store located in the same portion of the mall.

During business hours on Jan. 15, five men smashed display cases at the Rolex store, quickly fleeing with merchandise. A stolen getaway vehicle was quickly located by officers.

On Wednesday night, a thief dashed out of an Apple store in South Coast Plaza with at least 10 iPhones, police said.

The man, who may be in his 20s, walked into the store shortly before 7:20 p.m. and took 10 to 15 iPhone 6 models that were on display, said Sgt. Doug Johnson of the Costa Mesa Police Department.

The phones had security devices on them, which activated an alarm when the suspect ran out the store. He ran out the mall and into a waiting blue sedan, Johnson said.The loss was estimated at $5,000.

There is no immediate indication that the three robberies are related.

-------------------------------

First the Rolex store, now Zara....  What's next?  Maybe Teavana?

I'm thinking smash and grab, run down the narrow bathroom hallway and jump into waiting car parked in back alley and onto 405 in less than 5

iacrenter said:
Another robbery at SCP. This makes 3 in the last few weeks. This mall is ghetto.
http://m.ocregister.com/articles/store-704037-police-selinsky.html

---------------------------

Masked men hold up Zara at South Coast Plaza The Orange County Register

Feb. 13, 2016

|
Updated 12:24 p.m.

By SEAN EMERY, STAFF WRITER ?
Two masked men carried out an armed robbery at South Coast Plaza late Friday night, police said.

Employees were held at gunpoint by at least two men who entered Zara, a clothing store, after closing at about 10:15 p.m., Costa Mesa police Sgt. Matt Selinsky said.

The robbers took money from registers and a safe, Selinsky said, as well as personal items from the employees.

The men were gone within minutes, Selinsky said, with surveillance video catching them driving off in a sedan.

Police have not released a detailed description of the getaway vehicle or the robbers, who were reportedly wearing dark clothing.

No injuries were reported.

The hold-up comes several weeks after a smash and grab robbery was carried out at a Rolex store located in the same portion of the mall.

During business hours on Jan. 15, five men smashed display cases at the Rolex store, quickly fleeing with merchandise. A stolen getaway vehicle was quickly located by officers.

On Wednesday night, a thief dashed out of an Apple store in South Coast Plaza with at least 10 iPhones, police said.

The man, who may be in his 20s, walked into the store shortly before 7:20 p.m. and took 10 to 15 iPhone 6 models that were on display, said Sgt. Doug Johnson of the Costa Mesa Police Department.

The phones had security devices on them, which activated an alarm when the suspect ran out the store. He ran out the mall and into a waiting blue sedan, Johnson said.The loss was estimated at $5,000.

There is no immediate indication that the three robberies are related.

-------------------------------

this is so crazy because it's kind of a headache just getting in and out of southcoast.  With all that money.. you'd think they'd have more security.  Well, now they'll have to hire more.

ps9 said:

I'm thinking smash and grab, run down the narrow bathroom hallway and jump into waiting car parked in back alley and onto 405 in less than 5
This sounds too detailed.

I'm calling the tip line.

ps9 said:

Then you are getting away at the break-neck speed of 5mph bumper to bumper 405 traffic.  73 might be a better bet.  Down to Dana Point and hop on a mini submarine waiting in the harbor.  Although that toll will most likely wipe out half of your loot.

I live in San Diego and will be moving to OC.  Whenever I visit South Coast Plaza I never feel unsafe. 

It seems like a nice mall to me.

jwblue said:
I live in San Diego and will be moving to OC.  Whenever I visit South Coast Plaza I never feel unsafe. 

It seems like a nice mall to me.

In a way it's a tourist place and locals go their to shop.

Everytime I pass Anqi, I think about $20 bowls of pho....and so i never been in.  It must be dam good...right?

Back