Cressa at Portola Springs - The New Home Company

Phase 2 prices increase $15K compared with phase 1. Wow! Congrats on those who bought phase 1.

JLin said:
Phase 2 Release

Plan 1
Lot 6  - $966,800
Lot 8  - $966,800
Lot 15 - $971,800
Lot 30 - $971,800

Plan 2
Lot 5  - $1,006,800
Lot 16 - $1,011,800
Lot 31 - $1,026,800

Plan 3
Lot 7  - $1,060,800

*Lot 12 (Plan 1) still available from phase 1

The catch is you can't grow fruit trees and can't dig a well

And/Or they're sticking it to BP

I mean, NW Point and its vicinity was pretty ugly back then.  Kinda like Irvine Blvd and vicinity of PSIII now. 

I think IUSD is positioning Portola HS as the next best HS (with all the technology and innovation).  If they finish the Great Park, the planned shopping center across the street (off Modjeska and Irvine Blvd), build the gated homes (future PS enclaves), and the new HS becomes very well respected, that whole area could rise in value.  I think that the members of TI who have been predicting that PS will eventually be a sought after neighborhood were looking at the long term view. 

Granted, it will take years for PS to be completed and not sure how long it would take them to finish the golf course, etc. at the Great Park, but a highly coveted HS in itself may be enough to bring up values there.

Perspective said:
JLin said:
Phase 2 Release

Plan 1
Lot 6  - $966,800
Lot 8  - $966,800
Lot 15 - $971,800
Lot 30 - $971,800

Plan 2
Lot 5  - $1,006,800
Lot 16 - $1,011,800
Lot 31 - $1,026,800

Plan 3
Lot 7  - $1,060,800

What's the catch? Why are prices here so much lower than comps in other new villages?

The catch is you are:
-in an enclave crowded with apartments and motorcourt homes
-on contaminated soil
-in PS
-future buildout will have roads and homes looking down on you
-higher MR than SG, WB, EW

I totally agree, nobody likes big brother ( other houses) looking on top of you. Also, not a big fan of tce plumb toxic soil. By the way, those apartments are low- income apartments.

Overall the houses and schools are fine.( well, toxic school)

Etinchen said:
I totally agree, nobody likes big brother ( other houses) looking on top of you. Also, not a big fan of tce plumb toxic soil. By the way, those apartments are low- income apartments.

Overall the houses and schools are fine.( well, toxic school)

You are correct.  They will have affordable housing (see my previous post with links) in addition to regular apartments.  I think they are anticipating a lot of people wanting to move there before the new school opens.  The affordable housing portion is small (it will be at the SE corner of the enclave.)

They will have a bunch of amenities within these affordable housing complex including pool, etc.  They usually have an after school homework club at their club house (there is also a HW club at the Stonegate affordable housing complex). 

I have actually met couple of moms who are living at these affordable housing complex in Irvine and they were ecstatic when they found out that they would be able to move to Irvine.  Their kids are doing well and they are so grateful.  I really doubt if any of those residents would do anything to jeopardize their chance at staying in Irvine. 

I also live right across from a big affordable housing complex in WB and have walked through it (usually a few times a week) at night to get to my car and have had no problems.  I think that the affordable housing is a non-issue.

bones said:
Perspective said:
JLin said:
Phase 2 Release

Plan 1
Lot 6  - $966,800
Lot 8  - $966,800
Lot 15 - $971,800
Lot 30 - $971,800

Plan 2
Lot 5  - $1,006,800
Lot 16 - $1,011,800
Lot 31 - $1,026,800

Plan 3
Lot 7  - $1,060,800

What's the catch? Why are prices here so much lower than comps in other new villages?

The catch is you are:
-on contaminated soil
-in PS

Is the mr higher?

AW said:
bones said:
Perspective said:
JLin said:
Phase 2 Release

Plan 1
Lot 6  - $966,800
Lot 8  - $966,800
Lot 15 - $971,800
Lot 30 - $971,800

Plan 2
Lot 5  - $1,006,800
Lot 16 - $1,011,800
Lot 31 - $1,026,800

Plan 3
Lot 7  - $1,060,800

The catch is you are:
-on contaminated soil
-in PS

Is the mr higher?

Yea I think so. I know PS refinanced a bond recently but IIRC, MR is still higher than other Irvine company villages.

IrvineNinja said:
I also live right across from a big affordable housing complex in WB and have walked through it (usually a few times a week) at night to get to my car and have had no problems.  I think that the affordable housing is a non-issue.

Of course it's not a problem for you.  You Are A Ninja!

We muggles might encounter some issues. :) 

Went to go look at the models again.  Overheard a couple talking about how much cheaper these homes were compared to BP and EW and that the MRs were half that of BP.  Are the MR at BP really that high and is it true that BPs MR could go up every year?

Yes. BP had ridonkulous MR.
Cressa MR is $5k
Similar sq ft in BP should be around $8-9k range
All MR can increase by 2% compounded every year
BP MR is 40 years, not sure what PS3 is, a lot of TIC property are 30 years (which may not matter as they can refi and make it all indefinite)

Wondering how are sales going over here and the other PS products surrounding.

2 phases already, all sold (or held) except for 2 plan 1's as of last week.

Paging dr travel...

AW said:

Paging dr travel...

You rang?

So they have released 16 total homes - 11 sold, 3 reserved and 2 available. Note that the reserved and available are all Plan 1. They actually all have rear yards! I like these better than Belvedere and Strada, particularly Plan 1 and 2. Wish they had added a downstairs powder room for guests in Plan 3. They had the room to do it.

Only 4.6 miles from Eastwood to PS...

Attachments

• Cressa Info.jpg
    Cressa Info.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 284
  • Cressa Overall Site.jpg
    Cressa Overall Site.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 492
  • Cressa Prices.jpg
    Cressa Prices.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 534
  • Cressa Site.jpg
    Cressa Site.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 356
DrTravel said:
AW said:

Paging dr travel...

You rang?

So they have released 16 total homes - 11 sold, 3 reserved and 2 available. Note that the reserved and available are all Plan 1. They actually all have rear yards! I like these better than Belvedere and Strada, particularly Plan 1 and 2. Wish they had added a downstairs powder room for guests in Plan 3. They had the room to do it.

Only 4.6 miles from Eastwood to PS...

what's being built in front of the homes along Big Oak.. townhomes?

"I like these better than Belvedere and Strada, particularly Plan 1 and 2." DrTravel.

No joke. I agree. I'm not gonna tell the wife about these. She'll be annoyed at the value here.

Wondering about the same thing. They had a phase release this past weekend I believe, couldn't make it to pick up a price list.

Back