Crap..somebody jacked my trash can

ps99472

Took it out Monday am... came back and it was only 2 out of 3 cans.. who would take trash cans?  Arghh... now I got stinky trash with nowhere to put them...

Make sure it wasn't waste management themselves.  One time I friend didn't pay on time and they took his cans lol..

Maybe your neighbor took it by accident??

Nope, got auto payment set up.. just got billed yesterday... as for neighbors... dunno.. kinda awkward...

me:  Hi Bob!  How's the family?  Did you happen to wheel my stinky trash can into your side yard and now have 4 trash cans?

Bob:  Huh?  (thinks just got awkward....)

Jokes aside, I was hoping one of my neighbors will see the big "ps9" trash can label and dump it in front of my house.. but alas.. clean streets with no stray trash cans in sight (love my neighbors) and no orphan trash can in front of my house...

Emailed WM.. looks like I will be getting a new trash can on Friday...

Since ps9 lives in an established 'hood, it was probably a mistake, the neighbors' kid might have just taken in the wrong cans not knowing what is what.

I think you can leave the bags of trash on your curb if you don't have your refuse can (you might want to call WM to confirm).

Or... if you suspect which neighbor it was, throw your trash into their yard... they do have your can. :)

Tyler Durden said:
This happened to me when i moved in.  Someone "took" my large recycle can, and left me with their medium size recycle can on the first trash day.  The next trash day, i notice that everyone had numbered their cans  >:D

This is a major PITA, since i have far more recycle each week than trash.

You will need to call WM and have them bring out your new can.  Just tell them someone took it, this happens frequently.

Take the trash over to your local gas station and pitch it in their dumpster when no one is looking. 

damn man, didnt know LA was ghetto like that where a neighbor steals your can. you should consider moving to tustin  :)

there are several houses for sale here in columbus square, the tustin ranch road extension is almost done as is the valencia loop to the District for increased convenience.

I have another theory, maybe it "slipped" into the dumpster truck when it was being emptied?  WM didn't hesitate to offer a replacement can, free of charge. 

You can request replacement too if your trash can is getting funky, free as well.

This happened to me a few times when I was in my old condo.  It would disappear one week, and reappear the next week on trash day, so I know it was one of my neighbors that took it.  After a few times, I got fed up with living with stinky trash for a week and went to ring doorbells and asking if I can check the trash can.  As luck would have it, caught the culprit on the first door bell ring.  Guess what he did after he gave me back my bin?  Grab someone else's bin.

When our garbage cans get worn out, the garbage men automatically haul them away. If I recall, they didn't automatically deliver a new one, though. We had to place a call. Just a thought - if your can was at all damaged and went missing, perhaps it wasn't the neighbor.

Sounds like he's either not paying for his own service or he has more trash than fits in one can.

Usually it's an oversight since all the cans are close to each other but if you've lived there for a while, you know how many of each type you have and even what each kind of looks like. I call mine Wall-E.

Tyler Durden said:
gaogi said:
This happened to me a few times when I was in my old condo.  It would disappear one week, and reappear the next week on trash day, so I know it was one of my neighbors that took it.  After a few times, I got fed up with living with stinky trash for a week and went to ring doorbells and asking if I can check the trash can.  As luck would have it, caught the culprit on the first door bell ring.  Guess what he did after he gave me back my bin?  Grab someone else's bin.

That's unreal! 

What was his justification?  Was he trying to suggest that the cans needed to be removed by end of day on the trash pick up day (per HoA rules)?

A bin went missing at some point, I guess he was the one who originally lost his bin.  Instead of calling WM, he just grabs random bins and use it as his own. 

There's a wind advisory in the forecast. I saw this graphic and thought of you, Ps9.

10930923_10204438312612646_5833636528027062861_n.jpg

Honestly, if I had to guess, it must have been as a joke because it is VERY random.. there's really no purpose to it.

I bet they put it somewhere in the neighborhood where you can find it. I don't think they took it home. I do advise for you to look around your neighborhood lol. I wonder if your trash company would actually be willing to replace it.

Well good to know that you can call for a replacement when the can smells to high heaven.  Gonna have to do that instead of trying to clean it.

Back