Cox vs Uverse internet service 2019

Just called ATT and was told that they located my address, but service is unavailable there. That?s pretty annoying since I know for a fact that nearby people have att service right now.

Gigabit is 1000 up/down  ;D  I think the $70 is standalone?...I pay less with a package deal and their rates go down every year I use them. 

I'm a Cox hater, hated them as they had a monopoly in a lot of Irvine over the years and had horrible customer service and rates kept going up year after year.

Kings said:
akkord said:
I think ATT prices are cheaper...their gigabit is only $70 i think and includes free install/gateway-router, Cox makes you buy their modem or lease it from what I remember unless you have your own compatible modem.

i pay $40/mo 100 up/down with no contract on at&t, including modem/router

Well at this point we need internet and AT&T says internet service is unavailable at my address. I can get TV service for some reason though.

So what options do I have? Sign up for Cox and then cancel before 30 days if AT&T does have service at my location and they?re just saying they don?t right now because my address is so new?

I?d probably have to go with the 150 MBPS for $60/month, which goes up to $84 after 36 months. So far that?s the best offer they?ve given me. May go to a store and see if they have a better offer.

This question is for people who previously had cox but switched to AT&T.  Did AT&T have to run their own cables or they can can use existing cables? If they have to run their cables, do they a good job in hiding them?  Thanks

mms2020 said:
This question is for people who previously had cox but switched to AT&T.  Did AT&T have to run their own cables or they can can use existing cables? If they have to run their cables, do they a good job in hiding them?  Thanks

No issues with cabling when I got ATT, took the installer about 2-3 hours, I believe the previous owner had Cox.  Note that our home does have Cat5 run throughout the house with an access point upstairs which probably made the install easier.

Cox is a horrible company - bad business practices. They know you only have a few options for broadband and will take you for everything they can right now. They are now capping you each month and charging $10 extra for each whatever amount you go over. I have gigablast and went over last month so I had to pay extra.

I can't say ATT is much better either because I remember they were really slow.

I can't wait till google or verizon or other players come into our market.

No issues with ATT fiber speeds consistently 950MB up/dl 

Netperx said:
Cox is a horrible company - bad business practices. They know you only have a few options for broadband and will take you for everything they can right now. They are now capping you each month and charging $10 extra for each whatever amount you go over. I have gigablast and went over last month so I had to pay extra.

I can't say ATT is much better either because I remember they were really slow.

I can't wait till google or verizon or other players come into our market.

Netperx said:

Monthly cap is 1TB which probably covers 98% of use cases.  You must be doing some serious 4k streaming to go over your allowance...

Gigabit fiber with ATT has no limit on data usage.  Looks like ATT may be the way to go for @Netperx

woodburyowner said:
Netperx said:

Monthly cap is 1TB which probably covers 98% of use cases.  You must be doing some serious 4k streaming to go over your allowance...

akkord said:
Gigabit fiber with ATT has no limit on data usage.  Looks like ATT may be the way to go for @Netperx

woodburyowner said:
Netperx said:

AT&T Fiber is the way to go for any customer.  The problem is most neighborhoods don't have AT&T Fiber. 

I was paying $114/ month for gigablast + phone with Cox. Got some new cameras and had to upgrade for the extra 500 gb for an extra $30. So was at $144. Then recently I started going over by $10-20/ month so just upgraded to unlimited data. So now I?m at $164/ month. Need to call them to see if I can get a discount.

I can?t wait for att or Verizon 5g home service to come out so I can just drop Cox. I?m guessing Cox will have to come down to $100 or less for unlimited data when the home 5 g service is fully rolled out.

Back