cox specials?

avie

Hello.
Does anyone know where to get deals for Cox... we are going to be new subscribers (possibly the whole package), but not sure where to look for deals/offers.

Thanks much.

I pay about $80/month (regular price, not on special) for Cox internet and cable.  I don't get the premium channels (HBO, Cinemax) but only need Food, HGTV, E, Comedy central..  They have a reduced fee for their internet service, you'll have to ask for it.  It's slower then the normal service but I can't really tell the difference. 

Cox does run discounts off of installations and promos like 2 free premium channels for 2-3 months.

One thing they do is if you call to say you are switching to satellite or something, they will offer you discounts. They also run package offers with TV/Internet/Phone.

I used to not want to use a cable company for my phone service but since my primary line is my cell phone, Cox's phone service is much cheaper than AT&T (the only other choice you have in Irvine). And after my experiences with customer service from AT&T, Cox ended up with all of my business.

jumpcut said:
This past weekend, at the Santa Barbara grand opening, Cox was handing out flyers for phone, TV and Internet for $99 for 6 months for new SB move-ins.  They called it the Woodbury Special.  Doesn't hurt to ask for it even if you're not moving into Woodbury.

There's competition in Woodbury because the homes (at least the newer ones) are wired for AT&T U-Verse, which has been very aggressive in promotions and leaflet bombing.  The latest offer I got from them offers a $300 Visa gift card if you sign up for a year.

Are you sure the newer homes are wired for AT&T U-Verse?  I tried finding our address on the website but it said my address is not available with U-Verse.

jumpcut said:
I wouldn't rely on their website being updated, especially if your house and the street it's on is new.  Try giving them a call.

So I called ATT, no U-Verse not available in our area.  Anyone here has U-Verse?  If so, where abouts are you located?  How about current Woodbury residents?  Do you have U-Verse?

We have directv and are very happy.  Much cheaper than what we would have been paying for cable through cox.  However we do have cox high speed internet.

Blueberry East and the Incident said:
I'm in WB East and have U-Verse. It's fast and they install wireless router for you.

More expensive than DSL (which is not available here).

I pay 38 for Internet and used to pay 20 for DSL.

Thanks, that's interesting.  The rep told me that DSL is available but no U-Verse.  I guess it's a Woodbury thing.

Iceman, since you are using Cox for internet is your overall bill lower than if you would use Cox for everything?

Blueberry East and the Incident said:
I'm in WB East and have U-Verse. It's fast and they install wireless router for you.

More expensive than DSL (which is not available here).

I pay 38 for Internet and used to pay 20 for DSL.

I think your $38 internet should be a lot faster than $20 DSL.

So my promotion ended with Cox, had the both internet/cable hd channels and one of the fastest internet speeds for $75.  Now it's up to $140... how much is everyone paying for cable/internet?  Any alternatives besides Cox?? 

BUNDLE SAVINGS
    Cox Bundle Discount
($15.00)

TV
    Cox TV Starter
$22.00
    Expanded Service
$30.99
    Movie Pak
$12.00
    Sports & Information Pak
$12.00
    Variety Pak
$11.50
    Cox Service Protection Plan
$3.95
    DVR Service
$9.99
    Premier Package Discount
($15.45)
    Advanced TV HD DVR Receiver
$7.99
$94.97
INTERNET
    Cox High Speed Internet Preferred with PowerBoost
$46.99
$46.99
TELEPHONE
    *Basic Monthly Service
$12.55
    Active Lifestyle Package
$6.99
    Cox Long Distance
$0.00
    FCC Access Charge
$4.40
    Directory Listing - Non Published
$1.25
    Unlimited Long Distance
$14.95
$40.14

Taxes, fees and surcharges $11.89

New charges$178.99

We are moving soon and are definitely not going to have the phone,  debating on the tv.  For sure gonna keep the cable internet.  I would go to over the air TV, but I don't want to lose ESPN, TNT, NFL network, NBA TV, etc!  Actually I think I could get by with all of those except ESPN.  Although hard to beat the Red Zone channel for only 40 bucks..but then you need the NFL Network before you can get it!

Alright... so I got it down from $140 to $100 for the same package.  That's still $25 above the promotional price I really enjoyed.. Going to call them again later on today to see if I can work some more magic.  These TIC Robots   Cox Robots are trained very well...  >:D

26inirvine said:
BUNDLE SAVINGS
    Cox Bundle Discount
($15.00)

TV
    Cox TV Starter
$22.00
    Expanded Service
$30.99
    Movie Pak
$12.00
    Sports & Information Pak
$12.00
    Variety Pak
$11.50
    Cox Service Protection Plan
$3.95
    DVR Service
$9.99
    Premier Package Discount
($15.45)
    Advanced TV HD DVR Receiver
$7.99
$94.97
INTERNET
    Cox High Speed Internet Preferred with PowerBoost
$46.99
$46.99
TELEPHONE
    *Basic Monthly Service
$12.55
    Active Lifestyle Package
$6.99
    Cox Long Distance
$0.00
    FCC Access Charge
$4.40
    Directory Listing - Non Published
$1.25
    Unlimited Long Distance
$14.95
$40.14

Taxes, fees and surcharges $11.89

New charges$178.99

ballin!

We have DirecTV for cable TV as they're the only one that has NFL Ticket.  The wife is from North Dakota, college in Minnesota so need to get all games.  For internet/land line, we use Cox.  Just got Ooma for VOIP and testing it.  Looking good.  We'll port our home number to Ooma and drop Cox phone.  Cox phone with caller ID and fees come to about $32 month.  With that, you DO NOT get long distance so calls to east coast for wife's sister or ND for in-laws would cost.  Ooma VOIP has initial cost for hardware and state/fed fees, which comes out to some $4/month.  Ooma has free national calling also.  Quality is good too so far.  Cox phone is VOIP anyhow.  We'll recoup the initial cost for the Ooma hardware in less than a year.

homer_simpson said:

I'd say more like overpaying!  Most of its going to be gone in a few months.  Anyone know the cheapest way to get basic HD channels, but still get ESPN?!

and yes, like JVNA, directv is very tempting cause of NFL Sunday ticket

26inirvine said:
homer_simpson said:

I'd say more like overpaying!  Most of its going to be gone in a few months.  Anyone know the cheapest way to get basic HD channels, but still get ESPN?!

and yes, like JVNA, directv is very tempting cause of NFL Sunday ticket

You can jump onto the deal I have.. Basic Cable with HD, I got ESPN, Travel and some other junk I don't even watch. 

Back