COVID-19 Retail Openings and Closures

Some progress for NP Hmart--the public notice for liquor sales is posted on the door. Maybe Spring 2023 opening?

Edit:
Just saw the red HMart sign up on the building tonight.

Last edited:
I'm told (by Koreans) that the Dumpling House restaurant and Soondae (blood sausage) restaurants are really good chains and their stalls in the new food court should be good too.

This marks the second H-mart opening on Culver. that's not confusing at all~~~

Looking at google map, it's slightly closer to me compare to one in West Park. Wonder which has better parking.

Looking at google map, it's slightly closer to me compare to one in West Park. Wonder which has better parking.
It’s technically on Irvine Blvd. Parking should be plentiful. Just dont go during grand opening week or walk there 😀. Probably takes me 15 min walking.

I was wondering if the Culver/Alton HMart was going to stay crowded forever... but I've been back there (really just for the food court) and it's more normal.

They must have been giving away gold bars at the grand opening.

Reminds me that there’s 2 Pizza Huts on Portola Pkwy, one in Irvine (Orchard Hills) and the other in Foothill Ranch (Town Center). I’ve ordered online at the wrong one twice. The lady says it happens all the time but then I have to decide to wait 20min for my pizza to be made and cooked, or drive to the other location in 15min. The agony.

Maji gets my vote.
Drove by the other day while their doors are open for renovation.
They haven't even install millwork in the restaurant yet.
I'm not sure how the heck Irvine company allowed them to drag it this long.
Maji Curry is opened now, it's a small shop with only 22 seats available. Dine in only and no take out for now.

Maji Curry is opened now, it's a small shop with only 22 seats available. Dine in only and no take out for now.
yeh, we went to their soft open.

I like them better than Coco Ichibanya, less of an after taste.

but that store is tiny, and doesn't capitalize the seating outside. A bit too much rice vs sauce imho.

How is the taste of Maji vs Curry House? The Curry House sauce was so unique, hard to find that taste anywhere else.

Tried Maji today. Not a fan of the curry. There is spice/flavor but too sweet for my preference. Coco Ichibanya and old Curry House tasted better. Also, the menu is very limited and the portions are small and is more expensive vs Coco Ichibanya.

Nara Thai soft opened a couple weeks ago. They did a good job with the renovation--feels more bright and open vs the old La Sirena. Lunch menu is limited: Curry of the Day, Fried Rice, or Noodle dish. I tried the Chicken Panang Curry for $24. Nice rich flavor and spice. No take out for now. They also have a dress code: no flip flops, tank tops, hats, or team athletic attire.

Back