Counter Depth or Full Size Fridge

JCnOC

Hi,

I just moved into Irvine and having a hard time to decide on the counter depth or full size refrigerator.

Could anyone advise any suggestion? looks like the counter depth fridge is about $500-$700 more than the full size refrigerator

the size of my cabins is for counter depth fit.

thanks much!

I bought a kitchenaid KFCS22EVMS counter-depth fridge, too poor for the built-in.  While I love the way it looks, you really can't fit much food in that fridge...  My fiance and I are going to buy another mini-fridge to put in big items such as kimchi jars, bean paste canisters, aka stinky stuff into the mini-fridge.

You can bargain like crazy on those fridges too...  I think BB had that fridge listed at 3,400?  I bought it for 2550 or around there with free 3 year no interest :)

Full size costs much less than the counter depth one.. Guess my question is whether to go for the look or more practical type (fulll size)

This is a hard decision to make when having counter depth cabins..

Engineering issue or just plain old supply/demand?  Probably done research that if a person is vain enough to care if the fridge sticks out a few inches then that person will pay top dollar for it.  Present company included. :)

I had to take out a whole baseboard and the side of my countertop just to fit a "normal" sized fridge in there. I wondered what the contractor was measuring? This isn't depth it was WIDTH

No way was I gonna put a jr fridge in there that's just something you do when you're on your own for the first time

Luckily Orlando was painting at the time and took care of it for me.

Best Buy has some good deals on counter depth and standard depth refrigerators. These prices are available pre-thanksgiving so you can save yourself from the crowds....

Both Samsung. Counter depth is 23 cu ft and $1799. Standard Depth - 29 cu ft at $1699 and 28 cu ft at $1799.

Although I GET the cosmetic issues with the standard depth refrigerator, I just can't get past the counter depth having 25% less space and at more or less the same price.

JCnOC said:
Hi,

I just moved into Irvine and having a hard time to decide on the counter depth or full size refrigerator.

Could anyone advise any suggestion? looks like the counter depth fridge is about $500-$700 more than the full size refrigerator

the size of my cabins is for counter depth fit.

thanks much!

I don't know why everyone thinks Pacific Sales is so special. Bought my fridge and washer/dryer there but I don't get it.

Has anyone installed a full size fridge in a 26" deep cabinet and have pics to show?

I have to buy a new fridge and am finding it difficult to choose one.  In our current home, a counter depth was mandatory due to the depth of the fridge cutting into the walkway of the kitchen.  However, our new place has a lot more space.  However, I am not sure if the depth of the cabinets and a full size fridge will look weird.  I can't exactly buy a fridge to test it out for size and just return at will, haha. 

Also, anyone have any suggestions on brands.  We have been happy with our GE Profile, but are open to new ideas especially with all these new options available.

Is it counter depth on both sides?

In my last 2 homes, there was a cabinet on one side so it didn't look bad having a full size fridge there.

I don't mind having the fridge stick out because I like the extra interior space... but I may be the exception.

Depending on your layout, I would go with a full size just about every time.  A counter depth fridge is way too tiny to hold anything and most new homes have enough space to take on the extra 6-10 inches for a full size fridge.

We got our appliances at Howards.  They have price matching even after purchase, they finance (12 months 0% interest), and free delivery/set up.  Fry's also has good prices but terrible service and no free delivery.  Home Depot and Lowe's are okay but make sure you check their online site, which usually has better prices than in store (which is ridiculous). 

LG and Samsung give your the best value for the buck IMO.  LG is more refined. 

Coleman said:
Has anyone installed a full size fridge in a 26" deep cabinet and have pics to show?

I have to buy a new fridge and am finding it difficult to choose one.  In our current home, a counter depth was mandatory due to the depth of the fridge cutting into the walkway of the kitchen.  However, our new place has a lot more space.  However, I am not sure if the depth of the cabinets and a full size fridge will look weird.  I can't exactly buy a fridge to test it out for size and just return at will, haha. 

Also, anyone have any suggestions on brands.  We have been happy with our GE Profile, but are open to new ideas especially with all these new options available.

Check out the pic here:http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,1386.msg65706.html#msg65706

Coleman said:

Just use a tape measure to simulate the depth and see how much space you have left.  Don't forget, one or two inches will be the handle which is pretty out of the way.

Back