Costco gas station at Tustin Ranch

paydawg said:
eyephone said:
There?s still a line. But why compare the Costco gas line on Technology to Fullerton? Then should we compare it to the Costco gas line at Marina Del Rey (line stretches to the In and out area of the parking lot) or Alhambra (it felt like a maze to get into the Costco gas)

jamesKirk said:
The Spectrum Costco has isn?t really very crowded. Way less compared to others I?ve been to like the Fullerton location.

This would draw a bit from the district, but also a huge increase in commuter traffic since it?s right off the freeway.
Also more people coming from Santa Ana. El Camino will be backed up for sure if it?s going in the corner where the tire center is.

I probably won?t go to this location anyways since it?s further than the Spectrum Costco, but if it?s cheaper I may stop by if I?m going north on the 5.

Is all that hassle worth the $5 you save per tank?

$5?  Yeah, if you are filling up a semi maybe.  It's about $3 or so if you are running bone dry.  Here's a solution, people should get themselves a 5% off gas PenFed CU credit card and not deal with those stupid Costco gas station lines.  I never understand why people would sit in those lines for 20-30 minutes to save a few bucks. 

Thank goodness. I drive by the Tustin ranch Costco a lot and the construction seems to be moving pretty fast. Hopefully that will alleviate some of the traffic at the District.

I?m definitely curious to see how this works out. The Costco gas station at The District looks like it was designed to create traffic problems. Although, in fairness, most of the design of The District feels that way.

The Marketplace location shouldn?t be as bad, but it is hard to imagine that this is implemented in a way that doesn?t create frequent traffic issues on El Camino.

qhrenter said:
I?m definitely curious to see how this works out. The Costco gas station at The District looks like it was designed to create traffic problems. Although, in fairness, most of the design of The District feels that way.

The Marketplace location shouldn?t be as bad, but it is hard to imagine that this is implemented in a way that doesn?t create frequent traffic issues on El Camino.
The District has horrible congestion problems.

So does Diamond Jamboree. How can all the entrance/exits be on one side of the plaza?

Costco on Technology is pretty bad... you can't even get into the parking lot from the south entrance (which is really the only way if you are coming from Alton).

I don't ever get gas at Costco (well... when I used to get gas) but have been to both many times and the gas line at the Technology one causes problems for the Costco shoppers. At least the District one is apart from the Costco so it makes it easier to shop there.

Plus the food "court" for Technology is outdoor and inconvenient... probably the worst of the 3 area Costcos.

irvinehomeowner said:
Costco on Technology is pretty bad... you can't even get into the parking lot from the south entrance (which is really the only way if you are coming from Alton).

I don't ever get gas at Costco (well... when I used to get gas) but have been to both many times and the gas line at the Technology one causes problems for the Costco shoppers. At least the District one is apart from the Costco so it makes it easier to shop there.

Plus the food "court" for Technology is outdoor and inconvenient... probably the worst of the 3 area Costcos.
Costco is like 50 cents less than normal gas stations like chevron/shell. Since I only fill up 10 gallons or so, I don't care about spending $5 more to fill up. the time I spend at the pump waiting is not worth the $5 savings.

When they added the dedicated turnout lanes for the gas station from both directions at the district it made a difference. In the past you would get stuck behind people trying to get into the gas station. Now the Costco gas lines are not an issue.

The issue is still the overall shitty design of the district

sleepy5136 said:
qhrenter said:

The District has horrible congestion problems.

So does Diamond Jamboree. How can all the entrance/exits be on one side of the plaza?

If you really want costco gas go early.

If you don't want gas but are only shopping at costco, drive by Greenwood on Park. Stay in the right lane so you avoid costco gas traffic. Turn into the Lowes parking lot. LOTS of parking near the entrance to Lowes and buts up to the Costco lot.

Exit between Costco and Lowes. Turn right onto Tustin Ranch Road. Super quick exit.

Google maps arial view will show u how completely empty the lowes lot is and how close it is to costco.

Getting into and out of Costco proper at the District has never really been an issue... getting into the Technology one from Alton is a different story.

maybe the district is designed to be more pedestrian friendly to encourage more walking?

qwerty said:
When they added the dedicated turnout lanes for the gas station from both directions at the district it made a difference. In the past you would get stuck behind people trying to get into the gas station. Now the Costco gas lines are not an issue.

The issue is still the overall shitty design of the district

Back