coronavirus

It's two worlds out there. The only patients I'm admitting now for COVID are the unvaccinated.

As IHO mentioned, please encourage anyone not vaccinated to get it. This also applies to children 12 and up.

L.A. County will require masks indoors amid alarming rise in coronavirus cases

Faced with a distressing rise in coronavirus cases, Los Angeles County will again require residents to wear masks in indoor public spaces ? regardless of their vaccination status.

The new order, which comes a little more than two weeks after the county recommended the same protocols as a precaution, will go into effect at 11:59 p.m. Saturday, according to the county?s health officer, Dr. Muntu Davis.

Some exceptions will apply, Davis said, but the order will be similar to the requirements that were in place prior to California?s June 15 reopening.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...ill-require-masks-indoors-amid-covid-19-surge

NotAnEarlyBird said:
Sucha a shame for Tennessee to abandon vaccination outreach to minors for the fear that some parents will be upset.
I like this quote from here: https://news.yahoo.com/delta-variants-message-anti-vaxxers-095210881.html

"We don't have to respect the decisions others make, but we have to respect their right to make them. That's why when someone does something we think is egregiously stupid, we say: It's your funeral."

Do you have children?  I wouldn't want someone trying to "reach out" to my minor children for vaccine encouragement.

I'm not anti-vax, but parents should have a right to make the decisions as to when their minor children receive it or not.  Most kids are not mature enough to make these type of adult decisions on their own.

the law allows/ed 15 and up to access preventive vaccines.

I think that 16 year old are mature enough to decide they want these, even if they have anit-vax parents. 

We do the same for kids of JW families, and more.

aquabliss said:
NotAnEarlyBird said:
Sucha a shame for Tennessee to abandon vaccination outreach to minors for the fear that some parents will be upset.
I like this quote from here: https://news.yahoo.com/delta-variants-message-anti-vaxxers-095210881.html

"We don't have to respect the decisions others make, but we have to respect their right to make them. That's why when someone does something we think is egregiously stupid, we say: It's your funeral."

Do you have children?  I wouldn't want someone trying to "reach out" to my minor children for vaccine encouragement.

I'm not anti-vax, but parents should have a right to make the decisions as to when their minor children receive it or not.  Most kids are not mature enough to make these type of adult decisions on their own.

Tennessee needs more people vaccinated.

As do the other states that are lagging... other countries are literally dying for vaccinations and here we are in the US needing lotteries to incentivize us.

People just don't get it... the more you let it stay out there and infect people, the more it mutates.

Hopefully qwerty understands that part of the science. :)

Only 38.5% of Tennessee population is vaccinated. There are many parents who are misinformed about the "intangible" benefits of vaccination. (Read this:https://abc7chicago.com/alabama-doctor-brytney-cobia-vaccine-coronavirus/10902541/)
These are teens, they should be mature enough to process this information.
And yes, I do have children. And I'm speaking as a mom of a highly immunocompromised child who spends alot of time in CHOC and not old enough to get vaccinated, so, I'm really emotional about people who politicize vaccination. To you, it may be your rights. To me, it could be between life and death.

aquabliss said:

It?s much like sex education. 

We read outreach, those opposed read pushing radical LGBTQ agenda.  I saw samples of the offensive outreach, literally a tweet telling teens (on the main health services Twitter channel) to get the info and make a difference they?re an important part in the fight, much like the California commercials all over TV about do your part with the vaccine.

100% faux issue, IMHO.

I feel very doom and gloomy at the moment.

Yesterday, we spent the day doing pent up errands.  Ikea, groceries, lunch on the run, another shop.

Crowds are totally pre-pandemic levels, masks mostly out the window, social distancing out the window.  Really, no precautions, just trust the vaccine, I guess.

Maskless kids (likely under 12) in tow all over the place.

NotAnEarlyBird said:
Only 38.5% of Tennessee population is vaccinated. There are many parents who are misinformed about the "intangible" benefits of vaccination. (Read this:https://abc7chicago.com/alabama-doctor-brytney-cobia-vaccine-coronavirus/10902541/)
And yes, I do have children. And I'm speaking as a mom of a highly immunocompromised child who spends alot of time in CHOC and not old enough to get vaccinated, so, I'm really emotional about people who politicize vaccination. To you, it may be your rights. To me, it could be between life and death.

aquabliss said:

Do you think it's right to pressure other parents to give their children a non-FDA approved vaccine that has no long term studies on anyone, including children, to protect your child?

nosuchreality said:

Yesterday, we spent the day doing pent up errands.  Ikea, groceries, lunch on the run, another shop.

Crowds are totally pre-pandemic levels, masks mostly out the window, social distancing out the window.  Really, no precautions, just trust the vaccine, I guess.

We have some of the most effective vaccines ever created.  Irvine is over 80% vaccinated.  That's herd immunity levels of vaccination.

The news isn't unbiased journalism anymore.  Social media is garbage.  Their goal is to scare/anger you into watching/clicking which makes them money.  The screen is causing serious harm to people.

We're practically as safe we were pre-covid outside.  It's okay to enjoy your life and loved ones without being afraid.  Accept that death will come for all of us one day so make the most of your life.

At this point if you have the vaccine you have done all that you can do. You may as well live your life normally. Part of the issue of telling people to wear masks after vaccination is that it would lead one to think that the next step is just to always wear a mask. I don?t think anyone wants that. Of course anyone can take whatever precautions they want even if vaccinated.

As of today OC is 52% fully vaccinated and 64% have one dose. Getting there.

The Vaccine program works as intended.

nosuchreality said:

The smart people got the vaccine. According to recent news articles, there are people asking for the vaccine when they are in the hospital for covid. But at that point it is too late.
(entertainment purpose only, consult doctor for health choices)

akula1488 said:

nosuchreality said:

qwerty said:
At this point if you have the vaccine you have done all that you can do. You may as well live your life normally. Part of the issue of telling people to wear masks after vaccination is that it would lead one to think that the next step is just to always wear a mask. I don?t think anyone wants that. Of course anyone can take whatever precautions they want even if vaccinated.

As of today OC is 52% fully vaccinated and 64% have one dose. Getting there.

The vaccines have become political instead of a health concern. Here are two examples of two Republican governors that are disappointed about the lack of vaccines in their states.

Alabama governor on rising COVID-19 cases: 'Time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks'

The governor, visibly exasperated while discussing the need to get a COVID-19 vaccination shot, was asked by local reporters Thursday what more can be done to boost vaccination rates.

"I don't know, you tell me!" Ivey said. "Folks supposed to have common sense."

"But it's time to start blaming the unvaccinated folks, not the regular folks. It's the unvaccinated folks that are letting us down," she continued.
https://thehill.com/policy/healthca...sing-covid-19-cases-time-to-start-blaming-the

The GOP governor of Arkansas, where vaccines are lagging and COVID-19 is surging, said it's 'disappointing' vaccines are 'political'
https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.y...vernor-arkansas-where-vaccines-021612788.html

I actually read that story about people begging for Vaccine when they are in the hospital for Covid. It turns out to be fake news as the hospital the particular doctor  works for has zero Covid case.

eyephone said:
The smart people got the vaccine. According to recent news articles, there are people asking for the vaccine when they are in the hospital for covid. But at that point it is too late.

akula1488 said:

nosuchreality said:

We can go back and forth weather people ask for vaccine.
But one thing that the right does talk about Donald J Trump got covid vaccine. Drops the mic

Are you still looking for a boba place in Irvine? (Kekw)

akula1488 said:
I actually read that story about people begging for Vaccine when they are in the hospital for Covid. It turns out to be fake news as the hospital the particular doctor  works for has zero Covid case.

eyephone said:

akula1488 said:

nosuchreality said:

What about you?
If your child has leukemia, would you still be asking this question?

someguy said:
NotAnEarlyBird said:

aquabliss said:

Do you think it's right to pressure other parents to give their children a non-FDA approved vaccine that has no long term studies on anyone, including children, to protect your child?

Misleading word games as standard playbook for Anti-vaxx.  The exact same garbage that lead to 89 people dying in Samoa after 20+ years of safety from measles. 

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine for Emergency Use in Adolescents in Another Important Action in Fight Against Pandemic
[/quote]https://www.fda.gov/news-events/pre...fizer-biontech-covid-19-vaccine-emergency-use

NotAnEarlyBird said:
What about you?
If your child has leukemia, would you still be asking this question?

someguy said:
NotAnEarlyBird said:

aquabliss said:

Back