Constructive Feedback for Emile Haddad and FivePoint on Pavilion Park

Tyler Durden said:
Now you are talking out of both sides of your mouth - you are the one who was talking about whether something is walkable and how everyone in east irvine can walk to the woodbury town center.  And now it isn't a good idea to incorporate mixed use within neighborhoods to reduce vehicle miles traveled?

You have me confused with someone else.

Tyler Durden said:
Density or increasing the number of units isn't the issue - the forced reliance on vehicles to get from the residence to a place of business for basic needs is.

Density is directly related to walkability.

Tyler Durden said:
Comparing any new offerings to the IBC is a joke, because the irvine business park is right next to the airport in a commercial district and is not close to any single family homes.  However, the OP's example was Santana row, which is in a neighborhood of SFR homes in San Jose.  Similarly, there are mixed use developments in newport and main street huntington beach adjacent to single family homes as well.

SFR homes is not mixed use.  Duh.

Tyler Durden said:
the bottom line here is that the city planners who love to tout the master planned city have sh!t the bed on this - maybe they could go play sim city for a while and see what type of traffic hell east irvine will be when the GP is fully built.  The planners and developers could have provided alternatives for folks living in their mammoth condo communities or apartment complexes - yet they have not.  it is not a binary choice to have mixed use at the expense of more SFR developments; they should have included it into the offerings for their condo communities to reduce the dependence on a vehicle for any service or shopping. 

instead - just build more 50 mph 4-6 lane roads thoughout the town... and more strip malls - because its just awesome to fight for a parking spot with every other clown on that side of town to be able to pick up items from trader joes  or get a cup of coffee.

Meanwhile folks who have options will choose to live as far away from carmageddon as possible and do their business elsewhere.

Sounds like we're in agreement.  So I'm not really sure what the point of your post is.  Maybe you just like arguing for the sake of arguing.  Or you have a fetish for following me around like quattroporte.

If you want low density SFR homes within walking distance to business/parks/retail/schools/etc then Tustin Legacy is the place for you.  If not then I have no idea what you are driveling about.

If test is a chick I like her feistiness and have to put her on the TI rankings at #3. If test is a guy forget I just said that

Tyler Durden said:
You dumb b!tch, anyone is free to comment on anything around here.  That's why its a forum, get it?

You are the biggest source of misinformation on here, since you have no work experience in any of the topics - yet you insist on arguing with people who do have experience.

What is the biggest construction project your company worked on - a lego playset?  How much experience do you have with public policy - you watched CSPAN?  How many mortgages loans have you made - houses on Baltic Avenue and hotels on Park Place?  How many businesses have you run - lemonade stands? How many square feet of interior space have you designed - a doll house for the kids?
[font=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Test, if you want to act like a man and talk trash to me, come meet me somewhere and see what happens.[/font]

Ohhhh, I'm keeping a screenshot of this one.

qwerty said:
Tyler Durden said:
if you can be self contained or close to it, the people will use the nearby services (even at a slightly higher cost), than trying to save a few pennies by going to Wal mart or Costco.

i still dont understand why/how people will wait in a line for gas at costco that is 5-10 cars deep. crazy. sometimes i feel like going there and handing out $1 bills to the people waiting in line so they can go get gas at a regular gas station.

Here's what I recommend for any of my TI friends who like saving money but don't want to wait in a line. Do your grocery shopping at Ralph's. Rack up the Rewards Points. You use these at Shell. We pay way less per gal. than Costco and don't have to wait!

Example from our fill-up yesterday, 12/17:

Costco Irvine: $3.52
Shell in FR: $3.63 - $.40 from Rewards = $3.23/gal.

@ 14 gal for a savings of $4.06 over Costco.

And if only one person in your family does the shopping (moi!) it's okay. Both parties get a card which are linked. My dh never goes to the store but saves the $$ just by scanning his card at the pump & being linked to me.

I do the same thing as SoCal... except I use up my Ralph's credit faster than I can fill it.

The funny thing is the gas station next to my Ralph's (not a Shell) takes Von's reward card points... boo.

irvinehomeowner said:
I do the same thing as SoCal... except I use up my Ralph's credit faster than I can fill it.

The funny thing is the gas station next to my Ralph's (not a Shell) takes Von's reward card points... boo.

Now is a good time to increase your points by purchasing any gift cards for Christmas at Ralph's. If you're going to get some anyway, might as well get them there. You get DOUBLE points for gift card purchases. Most of the stores have a good selection. Mine has an awesome selection and up until this year was the top selling Ralph's of gift cards.

Btw, I don't normally get 40 cents off per gallon. It's normally 20. I thought 20 was the max. I still don't get how it allowed 40 but it did. But even at 20, it still beats Costco.

bones said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Ralph's is my store too but the shell station locations are not convenient to me.  Boo.

You can get triple points.  I do Vons.  DW has me on a cash diet, so I get a Von's Gift Card for picking up tidbits at Vons.  You get double points for the initial Von's gift card buy and then get more points for the spending of the Von's gift card.

Ralph's probably works the same way.

That was the irony of my post, there are more gas stations near me take Vons rewards, but there is no Vons in Irvine except the Pavilions up near Orchard Hills.

Yet there are multiple Ralph's (and Albertson's) in Irvine but less Shell stations... heh.

nosuchreality said:
You can get triple points.  I do Vons.  DW has me on a cash diet, so I get a Von's Gift Card for picking up tidbits at Vons.  You get double points for the initial Von's gift card buy and then get more points for the spending of the Von's gift card.

Ralph's probably works the same way.

I'm sorry but both Von's and Ralph's do not issue any rewards points at all for gift card purchases to their respective stores. I also just called Von's customer service at their 877 number and talked to Eleanore to verify the info on their FAQ page. She confirmed.

Vons:

"Which Gift Card purchases earn points?
Almost all Gift Card purchases made with your VonsClub Card earn points. Excluded are American Express, PayPower, MasterCard, My Choice, Vons, Visa, Only 1 Visa, NetSpend and RE-loadit Gift Cards."

Ralph's:

"Do Gift Card purchases count toward fuel points?
Yes. Gift Card purchases count 2X toward your fuel points monthly balance, with the exception of Ralphs and Kroger Family of Stores Gift Cards, Green Dot prepaid reloadable products, MoneyPaks, American Express Variable Load Gift Cards, Visa Variable Load Gift Cards, and MasterCard Variable Load Gift Cards."

However, the part about earning points when spending the gift card is true according to the Vons rep (only on eligible purchases.)

test said:
Sounds like we're in agreement.  So I'm not really sure what the point of your post is.  Maybe you just like arguing for the sake of arguing.  Or you have a fetish for following me around like quattroporte.

If you want low density SFR homes within walking distance to business/parks/retail/schools/etc then Tustin Legacy is the place for you.  If not then I have no idea what you are driveling about.

I didn't know you missed me so much for you to bring me up in your posts. How cute. It seems you cant get enough of me even after you get your a$$ handed down to you all the time by several members of this forum.

You must definitely have a fetish for humiliation.

Tyler Durden said:
qwerty said:
If test is a chick I like her feistiness and have to put her on the TI rankings at #3. If test is a guy forget I just said that

clearly she's a pre-op tranny.  Probably escaped from her job in Bangkok or her tour of duty in west hollywood.

Agreed. She/he/it is the one who has red and blue lights outside her home trailer home.

Back