Connecticut Shooting

The Motor Court Company

such a tragedy especially right before the Holidays - my deepest condolences to the families affected.
wondering what kind of protocol IUSD has (keep my finger crossed) for similar situation.

The Motor Court Company said:
such a tragedy especially right before the Holidays - my deepest condolences to the families affected.
wondering what kind of protocol IUSD has (keep my finger crossed) for similar situation.

The children who were supposed to dream of Santa Claus and the gifts will wake up with nightmares for a long time.. I just want to pick my kids and give them a hug. Are you thinking of talking to the kids about it? I don't know how to tell my six year old without scaring her from school..

TUSD gated school- but I am not sure if entry and exit are monitored all day.

IMO we need better security at the schools.  In Beijing they trained professional primary school security guards with bullet proof vest, baton, and taser.  But in the US the assailant is more likely to be armed with firearms, so we'd need to equip our guards with ballistic shield, ballistic helmet, and vests with armor plate inserts (rated for class 3 rifle threats).  In a competitive society it's unavoidable to have losers and social outcasts, and a few crazed nuts who'd go take it out on small kids because they're easy targets and generate mass publicity.  We need to make our schools a harder target so that if a potential assailant is making a recon run, they're made aware that the facility is defended.

610xg.jpg

3907742047.jpg

Cubic Zirconia said:
There was a shooting in Fashion Island yesterday.
Anyone feeling this is turning political?

Scary stuff going on. Things could have been much worse. Just another reason to stick with online shopping.

Here is the OC Register article on the Fashion Island shooting:http://www.ocregister.com/news/people-380851-shooting-shots.html

As far as politics, Obama and Dems will use this as an opportunity to ratchet up gun control laws.

iacrenter said:
Cubic Zirconia said:
There was a shooting in Fashion Island yesterday.
Anyone feeling this is turning political?

As far as politics, Obama and Dems will use this as an opportunity to ratchet up gun control laws.

Exactly! As blue as I am, when he shed tears, I couldn't help but think about the motive behind playing with parent emotions. My Facebook page has turned into a gun-control page, everyone is talking about- I am sure some will be 'inspired' to show the world why it needs gun control :(

I am scared to send children to school come Monday. Husband is trying to talk sense, but at this pace, I will home school my kids, work form home, watch movies on Netflix and shop on Amazon. Nothing is safe..

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

This puts my grief into words: What Six Looks Like

I know what six looks like. I have a six year old.

Mr. SoCal and I were both distraught - him even more than me. Christmas morning was full of tears as we thought about the parents missing their kids' warm, snuggly hugs instead of sharing the joy of Christmas with their kids like we were able to do.

Not a good week. Then, I had my 3-*bleep*th birthday a couple days later and felt no better. Withdrew from everyone / everything. Except, I still helped out in the first grade classroom, which is the only place I wanted to be. I hugged each one of 'em.

SoCal - were you crying at the thought of losing your six year old or for what happened to the six year olds and other kids, sounds like the latter. Sometimes I wonder if people cry because it seems like the right thing to do. Not saying you we're crying for that reason. I felt bad for what happened - a very tragic event, but I didn't come close to crying. Horrible things happen a every day, people die every day, kids die every day. Just saw on the news a lady being ganged raped for hours in New Delhi who later died, horrible event. Did you cry for that? I'm just curious what makes people cry for certain tragic events vs others. I cried at the movie marley and me, cause I have dogs and I know I'm going to have to go through that with my pups.

There was an article in the OC Register a few days ago that compared Obama's gun law proposals to current California gun control and I was surprised to see that California's is actually more strict...one of the strictest in the nation.

While I understand those opposed to more gun control, it's hard for me to determine if stricter gun control does help or not.

Back