Congratulations to the Developers

eyephone said:
Is someone sour?

Sour?  Nah, not so much.  I'm mostly just sarcastically amusing myself with how goofy our city has become.  :)

One of my recent favorites is Measure V.  Yeah, this is exactly what we need - more audits, more litigation, more time, more money.... There are already plenty of procedures in-place.  And, there are already very clearly defined actions to be taken if procedures are not adhered to.  What do we gain from this other than Lalloway/Choi being able to say, "See, we fix things". lol

And yes, I read Ellzey's deposition.  All I've got to say is, what a wimp!  "Oh no, this little 68-year-old man really scares me." lol  Dude, grow a pair already.  BTW, is this guy a total fraud, or what?  What do you guys think about Ellzey?  When I first started meeting with him, I genuinely liked him.  However, the more I've learned about him, the more I'm convinced he's a fraud. 

Ready2Downsize said:
I'm surprised you don't know why the lakes are there.

Nothing can be built on them because of the water table, so no apartments will be built on them.

How about houseboat apartments? 

Joe Irvine said:
eyephone said:
Is someone sour?

Sour?  Nah, not so much.  I'm mostly just sarcastically amusing myself with how goofy our city has become.  :)

One of my recent favorites is Measure V.  Yeah, this is exactly what we need - more audits, more litigation, more time, more money.... There are already plenty of procedures in-place.  And, there are already very clearly defined actions to be taken if procedures are not adhered to.  What do we gain from this other than Lalloway/Choi being able to say, "See, we fix things". lol

And yes, I read Ellzey's deposition.  All I've got to say is, what a wimp!  "Oh no, this little 68-year-old man really scares me." lol  Dude, grow a pair already.  BTW, is this guy a total fraud, or what?  What do you guys think about Ellzey?  When I first started meeting with him, I genuinely liked him.  However, the more I've learned about him, the more I'm convinced he's a fraud.

Might be time for you to move out of this awful city.

Ready2Downsize said:

LOL - I love this city, I just don't care for the direction the politicians and developers are steering it. 

So you know, I'm a property owner and business owner in this city.  I donate thousands of dollars to Irvine schools each year and I'm deeply involved in the community.  You?

I do donate to the schools, but not "thousands of dollars". I have other groups that also need money, first of all my church, Harvest which meets in Irvine, Calvary Chapel in Costa Mesa which has outreaches via radio, internet and a multitude of missionaries, TheUpperRoomPresents which is a Christian coffeehouse bringing Christian oriented entertainment and speakers to the area.

When my kids were in school I volunteered a lot. I was working as an RN when my oldest daughter attended Westwood Basics Plus. I worked night shift, 7 PM - 7 AM 6 days a week (3 were my regular shifts and the other three were In House Registry). They would have used me 7 days a week if I would have done it. We had sooooooooooooo many labor patients at the time (when immigrants were pouring over the borders and UCI posted guards in the parking lot to prevent them from coming into their hospital). I had ONE day off. I volunteered in the school office for the first four hours of the day, every week and then ran the computer lab two days a week (before people really valued computers for their kids). This interrupted my sleep time since obviously I had to sleep sometime which for me was day time but I thought it THAT important that the kids got some computer education and at the time it was me or no one).

I was the assistant girl school leader for over 10 years for my kid's troops and don't think that is just showing up for meetings..... lol!

I was room mother for several years when my kids were younger.

When my kids were in High School, my husband and I set up and ran the Color Guard program for 7 years (there was a teacher advisor but she was a dance teacher and took the position so she could get a job at the school, it was that or no job for her. Needless to say she was no help and usually didn't even pay attention to the kids when she did make practice). My kids were baton twirlers (one was a national champion when she was younger) and the older one started in Color Guard at Irvine High, so she helped with color guard techniques and routines. We handled everything.... fundraising (we got nothing from the school), thank you Mike Dunn, for your generous donations when others refused, tryouts, practices, competitions, designing and donating program.

We never missed a cross country or track race no matter where they were, being timers, bringing, donating and cleaning up snack and water for the kids etc.

I also own my property in Irvine, well not quite.................. I'll own it free and clear in 6 months.

I donate 4 cases of paper per year to the schools, even though my kids are no longer in school. I donated way more than that when they WERE in school.

So bottom line, I guess that makes me less than you. I donate thousands of dollars per year and four cases of paper but alas, not all my money goes to IUSD.

So....................... I bet you did ALOT for your school, since you're still so upset up losing it. What did you do for the school your kids moved to or were you so upset you refused to help other than throw money in their direction?

Joe Irvine said:
Ready2Downsize said:

LOL - I love this city, I just don't care for the direction the politicians and developers are steering it. 

So you know, I'm a property owner and business owner in this city.  I donate thousands of dollars to Irvine schools each year and I'm deeply involved in the community.  You?

Maybe you should have thrown "thousands" of dollars Larry Agran's way.

Ready2Downsize said:
Maybe you should have thrown "thousands" of dollars Larry Agran's way.

Let's see, I'm trying to keep track of your suggestion for how I live my life.  So far we have 1. leave the city and 2. donate to Larry.

Please tell me more ways to my life.

Look, I have no intention of starting a pissing contest with you.  I've taken exception to some things happening here and now I'm suffering a barrage of attacks from you.  Funny how you question my support for my kids, their schools and activities.  If you knew me, you'd laugh at your comments.  Here, I have suggestion for you...relax, have a glass of wine and kindly remove your claws from my balls.  ;D

Agran or Choi, the development would go on anyway. It's just the matter which pockets the money would go to. Both our leaders, the winner and the loser, have compromised themselves. We need new people in the council, preferably prioritizing the city needs over the party line agenda.

You asked me what I've done. I didn't even give you an entire list!

Apparently you thought I've done nothing. We know you have thrown thousands of dollars at IUSD every year and you own a biz here but we don't know what it is.

You're so bitter about the city, not me. I don't need any wine. I'm happy with the way the election went....... Agran out.

Ready2Downsize said:
You asked me what I've done. I didn't even give you an entire list!

Apparently you thought I've done nothing. We know you have thrown thousands of dollars at IUSD every year and you own a biz here but we don't know what it is.

You're so bitter about the city, not me. I don't need any wine. I'm happy with the way the election went....... Agran out.

LOL You can't stop, can you?  You're funny, rather than go after the BS politics plaguing our city, you attack a long term resident and local business owner (one who supports the community and schools) for sarcastically expressing his frustration with BS politicians.  I'm glad you're happy with Choi and Lalloway.  Personally, I voted against all incumbents.  The reason:  I've never been so disenchanted with our city leaders.     

Obama started Isis. People hating where irvine us headed but still live here.

The cooks are out in full force. It must be election time.

OC Register editorial in today's paper.

ScreenShot2014-11-05at90826PM_zps0f29addc.png

Back