Comparing Mello Roos and HOAs

Another helpful data point would be the expiration dates of the bond.  There's a number on the property tax bill.. maybe we can call them to see if they have a master list of all the MR (including expiration date) in Irvine?  Should be public data no?

I don't think there is a public master list of the expiration dates of the bonds, you have to call each one to get that.

Maybe test knows.

ps9 said:
Another helpful data point would be the expiration dates of the bond.  There's a number on the property tax bill.. maybe we can call them to see if they have a master list of all the MR (including expiration date) in Irvine?  Should be public data no?

Mello Roos is really annoying in the disclosures. The HOA sends out financial statements and is accountable while the Mello Roos seems to have no accountability. I know I have 3 Mello Roos that each expire at different times. I'm not sure if the years start when they build the home, I buy the home or when the whole community is built out?

paperboyNC said:
ps9 said:

Mello Roos is really annoying in the disclosures. The HOA sends out financial statements and is accountable while the Mello Roos seems to have no accountability. I know I have 3 Mello Roos that each expire at different times. I'm not sure if the years start when they build the home, I buy the home or when the whole community is built out?

The MR manager sends out quarterly reports.  To the bond holders.  Since you are the debt consumer (slave) you don't get squat.  It would be like sending out the HOA report to Juan the guy that mows the association lawn.

Back