Columbus Square is attractive...

akim997

http://www.ocregister.com/news/tustin-279700-police-scheduled.html

All this talk with the new developments...  what a great area!    now add in a death in the neighborhood... 

what's not to like about this beautiful area?  nice views of an abandoned hangar...  people dying... homeless shelter...  train tracks..  proximity to the wonderful industrial areas on redhill...  and having your kids go to wonderful tustin high... 

this place was and still is just a huge disaster.  my coworker lives here and is not a happy camper.  he still pays higher than average hoa's that were supposed to be dropped upon build out... and who knows when that will be. 

Snap!  Smart money buys low and sells high. 

That industrial area you refer to is actually Pacific Center East, another redevelopment area that will be mixed use with hotels and restaurants.  The abandoned hangar will become an Orange County regional park.  Tustin high has been renovated so they will be building a NEW high school to serve your kids.  As for people dying and homeless shelter, I have no comment since you seem to have a problem with people less fortunate than you and your high and mighty self.

But you're right, right now it is a distater, let the smart money buy cheap and the dumb money chase TIC bubbles.

masterplan.jpg

http://www.atep.us/about/development/tustinlegacy.asp

With all those businesses going up, Barranca and Red Hill are going to become more of a traffic nightmare than they already are.

And The District is still one of the worst designed shopping centers in Orange County.

The District turned out to be a lot more popular than they expected, especially given the fact that the community it was meant to serve hasn't even been built.  With the addition in traffic should come addition in handling it.  I have given them a piece of my mind but I don't think they are listening.  Why spend additional money when you are raking in the dough.

test said:
The District turned out to be a lot more popular than they expected, especially given the fact that the community it was meant to serve hasn't even been built.  With the addition in traffic should come addition in handling it.  I have given them a piece of my mind but I don't think they are listening.  Why spend additional money when you are raking in the dough.

The District just has a VERY bad design.  I just don't like going there due to traffic congestion and I avoid it.  The stores don't have to be busy before the traffic going in and out of the place becomes crazy.  Costco is about the only place that is not too difficult to get to because it's at the very back of the center.

test said:
The District turned out to be a lot more popular than they expected, especially given the fact that the community it was meant to serve hasn't even been built.  With the addition in traffic should come addition in handling it.
That doesn't make sense... if you build a "million square foot" center, you expect it to be popular and you design appropriately. In fact, the District is probably under trafficked right now because of the stall in residential building so I imagine when it does build out... it will be magnitudes worse.

Eventually, they'll probably have to make the entrance between the walking mall and In&Out an exit or entrance only or close it altogether because it's already bad now.

And while the back entrances (Target/Lowes/Costco) are relatively easy now, once the rest of the Tustin Legacy builds out, those will also be nightmares.

So maybe test is right, people will have to end up walking there because driving there will take longer.

The back entrance you refer to is actually the front entrance (where the valet is located).  The entrance between the promenade and in-n-out is actually the back entrance (where the trash dumpers are located).

test said:
The back entrance you refer to is actually the front entrance (where the valet is located).  The entrance between the promenade and in-n-out is actually the back entrance (where the trash dumpers are located).
You've been reading too much of Vestar's PR... that's the same thing they said.

But tell me how the back entrance is the one that gets you access to the more often visited places, In&Out, ChickfilA, Best Buy, multiple restaurants and the Whole Foods?

Maybe they should not have named it "District Way" if it was the back entrance. Or put signs on Tustin Ranch road that say "Main entrance" instead of "Alternative entrance".

The District is a mess and poorly designed, who puts a main access road between parking and the promenade without a walkover or walkunder for pedestrians? And no parking garage? Even Metro Pointe had more foresight than that.

But why would you put the valet at the back entrance?

When you enter on Park Ave from Tustin Ranch Rd the first thing you see is the giant District sign and the valet.  That is clearly the main entrance.

district-tustin-legacy-image01.jpg

test said:
But why would you put the valet at the back entrance?

When you enter on Park Ave from Tustin Ranch Rd the first thing you see is the giant District sign and the valet.  That is clearly the main entrance.
Where the valet entrance has little to do with where the main/front/back entrance is.

The Spectrum has several valets at different areas as does other shopping centers... and they aren't always at the "front"... it's a shopping center... not a hotel.

And if that is the main entrance... it's not a very good execution of one considering more people go to everywhere else BUT there.

What do you mean, more people go to the promenade than anywhere else there.  And that clearly is the main entrance to the promenade.

As much as I love going to the District with my kids, the traffic plan is f*ck#d up! What idiot designed the traffic flow for the place? I love the shops, fountains, bowling alley, etc... but what a mess to get in and out. It will only get worse as homes start getting built in the area.

iacrenter said:
As much as I love going to the District with my kids, the traffic plan is f*ck#d up! What idiot designed the traffic flow for the place? I love the shops, fountains, bowling alley, etc... but what a mess to get in and out. It will only get worse as homes start getting built in the area.
You can send you letters of praise over to Vestar in Arizona. 

test said:
What do you mean, more people go to the promenade than anywhere else there.  And that clearly is the main entrance to the promenade.
If you think more people go to the Promenade more than Target, Lowes, Costco, Best Buy, Whole Foods, ChickFilA and In&Out... then you should be working for Vestar.

And we were talking about the main entrance to The District, not just the Promenade... clearly you have a penchant for deflection.

irvinehomeowner said:
And we were talking about the main entrance to The District, not just the Promenade... clearly you have a penchant for deflection.

Nice dancing.  I was talking about the main entrance to the District, you deflected toward where people go in the District.

test said:

district-tustin-legacy-image01.jpg

irvinehomeowner said:
if that is the main entrance... it's not a very good execution of one considering more people go to everywhere else BUT there.

If you go to Best Buy anytime on the weekend, make sure to save at least 30 minutes for getting back out of that FUBAR parking lot with only 2 ways out. What a failure of a design the Tustin District is.

The Babies R Us and Loehmanns at the Marketplace have the EXACT same parking lot design as Best Buy and there are no traffic problems.  The issue is the popularity of the District which gets a lot more traffic, something Vestar needs to take steps to deal with.

Back