Colony Park by Brookfield Homes?

We drove through Floral Park yesterday after visiting the Bowers Museum. Good topic for discussion - would you live in FP? I absolutely love FP, but the surrounding neighborhoods are questionable to say the least. Several of the new Loft units across from Main Place had broken windows and most seemed uninhabited. I know Santa Ana is trying to revitalize its image, but I don't know if it is safe to live in an oasis in the middle of a troubled city. If you have children, you would most likely have to send them to private school.

Is anyone aware of the crime rates in FP?

<a href="http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/313/">http://www.irvinehousingblog.com/forums/viewthread/313/</a>

I think post 37 or 38 by BKS hits all the high points.

The city of Santa Ana would like to tear down everything down Main Street from Bowers to downtown and redevelop it.

[quote author="SoOCOwner" date=1214263011]We drove through Floral Park yesterday after visiting the Bowers Museum. Good topic for discussion - would you live in FP? I absolutely love FP, but the surrounding neighborhoods are questionable to say the least. Several of the new Loft units across from Main Place had broken windows and most seemed uninhabited. I know Santa Ana is trying to revitalize its image, but I don't know if it is safe to live in an oasis in the middle of a troubled city. If you have children, you would most likely have to send them to private school.

Is anyone aware of the crime rates in FP?</blockquote>

I think I am quite qualified to answer this question. There are 3 products in this area. Two products are for sale but they are not ready for the move in date. Broken windows are common occurrences during construction because of construction materials are being moved in and out and around the property and construction workers are always careless and have little regard of preserving material in its original finish. This is true for everywhere including Newport Coast and Irvine. It would be a totally different issue if people are living there with broken windows. We often see expensive viking vent hoods with dings because of the carelessness of the people transporting them into the home and installing it. There are very little ethic among the lower tier worker in construction. When they are upset because their superior picked on them they vent their frustration by vandalizing the project. Many construction site mount cameras but they do not capture the suspect in action but only show who went in and out of the site.

How did you like the Chinese Terra Cotta Soldier exhibition? The line has been very long and several hours of waiting time for the previous weeks. I love the exhibition and the narrative made possible by East West Bank.

[quote author="SoOCOwner" date=1214263011] Several of the new Loft units across from Main Place had broken windows and most seemed uninhabited. </blockquote>

Which part had broken windows? I was there 4 weeks ago, and saw none.

I have a friend who owns one of these lofts.

Only the front facing ones (that look onto the restaurants and have shops on the street level) are done and about 1/4 occupied. (maybe 10/40?)

The townhouses behind the front circle are just now finishing. I think only one or two have been occupied out of ~75.

behind that is a plan for a tower, which is of course on hold.

[quote author="Knife Catcher" date=1216720736]So what do you guys think about this piece at these prices?</blockquote>

I think the consensious is this property sucks at any price. It's in a bad neighborhood that should command a discount, not a premium.

This community is such a nice place. The neighborhood I'm not too hot on, but I used to live in Anaheim and I would say the school district is not the best if you're looking for school. The area overall is not that bad. I did some due diligence and I talked to some of the residences there not too long ago and they seem very content with their purchase. There seems to be a lot of young professionals living in this community and a lot of these people also looked around in places that I have such as Irvine, Tustin Fields, Orange. We're pretty much all just trying to find something of value. I have a friend that went to the HOA meeting and he said that they're really trying to redevelop the whole area and from the meeting he felt that there's a lot of potential there. I know a few people that just bought a place there. One of my friends got one at Harmony and the other at Legacy. If anything, you should try going to the HOA meeting. It's just a bunch of owners at Colony Park and the City of Anaheim talking about what's going on with their current projects, so they're not trying to sell you since it's intended for owners only. Let me know if anyone else finds anymore details on this place! =)

Harmony Phase 9 Pricing (March 2010 move in)

Plan 2) $360,900

Plan 3) $364,900

Plan 4) $399,900

Plan 5) $409,900

Plan 6) $441,900

Plan 7) $476,900

Plan 8) $459,900

[quote author="freakinjared" date=1247640171]so a year later...what's the consensus on this development: is the area getting any "better"?</blockquote>

I bought a place at Colony Park and I just moved in about a week. I'd have to say that I'm happy so far! I think it's more of an investment for the future. We'll see, but so far no complaints yet. I did notice that there are a lot of Asians in this neighborhood though, but there's nothing wrong with that. he he he..

[quote author="jaybee" date=1254989152][quote author="freakinjared" date=1247640171]so a year later...what's the consensus on this development: is the area getting any "better"?</blockquote>

I bought a place at Colony Park and I just moved in about a week. I'd have to say that I'm happy so far! I think it's more of an investment for the future. We'll see, but so far no complaints yet. I did notice that there are a lot of Asians in this neighborhood though, but there's nothing wrong with that. he he he..</blockquote>

Congratulation. Brookfield Homes is a very good and creative builder.

Back