College Football 2009 Thread

I'm sick of Carroll's approach where he grabs these great, talented QB's and then benches them over "promising" youngsters. Look Pete, it worked once. Its failed miserably for you the last 2-3 times. What dont you understand?

And for the record, I think Leinart was way overrated in his first season. I was yelling for them to put in Castle from his first game... even on through his Heisman season - much to the chagrin of my buddy who was the head student manager during the golden years and forever a Pete Carroll disciple.

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1259025654]I could find nothing wrong with USC's performance on Saturday.</blockquote>

They really had a great Saturday for a change didnt they. At least they did not lose this weekend. LOL.

Still Ranked as # 20. With that crappy 7-3 Record.

Well its that time of year. Time to play UCLA next Saturday at the Coliseum.

And as luck would have it. I will be in Vegas making a token bet on UCLA.

Looks like the line is 13. Just love getting all those points against the Trojans.

The Trojans have failed to score more than 21 Points in the last 3 games.

And UCLA has won its last 3 games.

You got to love Barkley:

33 of 69 for 357 yards, with two touchdowns and five interceptions, in his past 10 quarters.

He really stinks.

Go Bruins.

[quote author="bltserv" date=1259027935][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259025654]I could find nothing wrong with USC's performance on Saturday.</blockquote>

They really had a great Saturday for a change didnt they. At least they did not lose this weekend. LOL.

Looks like the line is 13. Just love getting all those points against the Trojans.

You got to love Barkley:

33 of 69 for 357 yards, with two touchdowns and five interceptions, in his past 10 quarters.

He really stinks.

Go Bruins.</blockquote>

Unfortunately Barkley is not living up to all of the hype - so much for the bromance Pete carroll was having with him earlier in the season. He better live up the billing next year or the dynasty will be over.

[quote author="qwerty" date=1259032315][quote author="bltserv" date=1259027935][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259025654]I could find nothing wrong with USC's performance on Saturday.</blockquote>

You got to love Barkley:

He really stinks.

Go Bruins.</blockquote>

Unfortunately Barkley is not living up to all of the hype - so much for the bromance Pete carroll was having with him earlier in the season. He better live up the billing next year or the dynasty will be over.</blockquote>
You know what, I actually kept track of how Matt did in high school since I went to Mater Dei. I also know what kind of offense Mater Dei runs. Matt never had great numbers in high school, but he was a great ball control QB. He had very few interceptions, but didn't have a huge number of TDs and passing yards. MD has always run a ball control offense that focuses on running the ball and the short range passing game. I will say that the school does have a strong alumni group like USC which will push to hype the most talented player on the team...think of it as lobbying. I guess we shall see how good Matt really is next year, if he doesn't come through USC will have a replacement in the wings ready to go.

[quote author="MojoJD" date=1259648701][quote author="bltserv" date=1259027935][quote author="MojoJD" date=1259025654]I could find nothing wrong with USC's performance on Saturday.</blockquote>

You got to love Barkley:

He really stinks.

Go Bruins.</blockquote>

I didn't catch the game, how did it turn out for you, bltserv?</blockquote>

I missed getting my bet down. So its wasnt so bad after all. UCLA really sucked. Worse than USC.

Back