coastline san clemente hovnanian homes closed til spring 2008

fumbling_IHB

We went to see Coastline in San Clemente this weekend and to our surprise (actually not too surprised since they were the quite the useless and information-challenged sales office) there is a note posted on the sales trailer saying their sales office is closed until spring 2008. So three completed models and no activity and a closed sales office. Anyone know what's going on with this project?

>Anyone know what's going on with this project?

Obviously the sales staff was overworked from taking so many order so they had to take a well deserved break...

just got a message on my voicemail from a coldwell banker sales agent who said they are representing Hovnanian in the sale of the model homes, they are not building the rest of the tract, they are selling the model homes and pulling out. no other details.

That is hilarious. I visited the models a month or so ago and the sales person told me traffic was increasing and way busy. LOL

<p>There are three models,</p>

<p>3400 sf $1,799,000</p>

<p>3172 sf $1,679,000</p>

<p>2925 sf $1,775,000</p>

<p>I have not been inside the models before but have seen the floorplans. The floorplan for the single story looks very 1980s, very old fashioned based on the brochure but might look better in person. Prices seem very high, even Belle Cliff (the homes above) were not that high as I remember. I think the Plan 1 Belle Cliff was around 2900 sf and had a nice modern floorplan with a downstairs master (if I remember right) and two nice bedrooms above, for around $1 million. </p>

I always associated the bluth company with William Lyon. The General looks just like george bluth to me. To bad Arrested Development is off the air, I'd like to see how the bluths would endure the current housing market.

<strong><em>If anyone is interested, it looks like they are trying to sell out over the weekend, per this nugget they left in my inbox. Unfortunately I'll be busy watching the grass grow, so won't be able to attend...but if I didn't have those plans --- I'd be all over this DEAL!!!</em></strong>

The California Coast Below ...

K. Hovnanian? Homes? Invites You to Begin the Life You've Imagined. Come Experience a Truly Unique Home that Will Take Your Breath Away.

SAVE THE DATE - OPEN HOUSE

Saturday - May 31st, 2008 & Sunday - June 1st, 2008

From 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm

LAST MODEL HOME FOR SALE*

RESIDENCE TWO

33841 PASEO DIVINIDAD

SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO, CA 92675

PRICED TO SELL $1,549,000

Two Story Residence, Approximately 3,170 Square Feet,

3 Bedrooms, 3.5 Baths, Living Room, Dining Room,

Family Room, Loft, Decks, Patios, Water Feature, 2 Car Garage,

Magnificent View Orientation!

Two Models Already Sold! Now is The Time to Buy the Home of Your Dreams Above the Sea!

For Questions or More Information Contact: Julie Hodges

Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage

(949) 878-7128

juliehodges@coldwellbanker.com

Open Only Saturday & Sunday

May 31st & June 1st

From 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm

*Builder close-out; K. Hovnanian at Coastline, LLC does not contemplate additional development at this time and reserves the right at its sole discretion to make changes or modification to prices and other features, including exterior colors, without prior notice. SJD Partners, LTD, as master developer of Pacifica San Juan, must be consulted as to future development. There is no promise or assurance as to the continued or future development. Please see the sales agent for additional disclosures and disclaimers.

i'm surprised they sold two model homes around those prices in the million and half range, seems way overpriced. Would be interesting to see how much the last model home goes for. It would seem pretty depressing to live there after paying those prices surrounded by vacant lots day in and day out with weeds growing more every day.

As Annoying As Uppercase Text Is, I Find Title Case Is Even More Annoying. Every Word Is Almost Its Own Sentence. Reading It Is Like A Case Of Violent Hiccups. Irritating People Before You Even Meet Them Is Not The Way To Build Excitement For What You Want To Sell Them.

Back