Clubhouse Rental - Event Liability Insurance - Help needed

dealcatcher

We're going to rent the clubhouse for a day. For those of you that have rented the community clubhouse, did you go through your insurance company? If not, who did you go with? How much do they charge?

I called my home insurance company, Liberty Mutual, and they said that they "can't provide the insurance required by the HOA because the policy needs to show the HOA/clubhouse as an Additional Insured. An Additional Insured to Liberty Mutual, is an individual who has a vested interested in your property, for example a co-owner of your property. However, if a claim situation should arise, where damage is caused to the clubhouse while it?s being rented to you, then the HOA/clubhouse can call and file the claim through our claims department as the claimant.  However, your policy will not cover the HOA/clubhouse themselves for any claims brought against them, cause they are not our insured."

We rented the clubhouse in Portola Springs a couple times when we lived there.  The first time I tried to go through my homeowners insurance and I got a similar response.

We ended up using WedSafe/Private Event Insurance.  Premium was around $100 I believe.  You just fill out their online form, and in a day or two you get your certificate of insurance that you can provide to the Association.  It was pretty easy. 
https://www.privateeventinsurance.com/

we went through our HOA insurance (State Farm) with no added cost.  Just called our agent and it was done in less than 15 minutes.

Back