Cielo million dollar price drops

NEW -> Contingent Buyer Assistance Program
What to do when your Cielo non-view lot home isn't selling? Raise the price!

Extremely delusional.

111 Orbit, which is a Plan 3, with a bigger lot and also doesn't have neighbor on one side, started listing at $3,560,000 and reduced to $3,350,000 before finally giving up.

107 Orbit, a Plan 2 with a bigger lot as well, started listing at $3,398,000 before reducing to $3,290,000 and then again to $3,190,000 and now at $2,980,000. This is a comparable floorplan, but with bigger lot and the backyard facing the good direction. 124 Sunnyslope's backyard is facing west, so it's going to be really really hot in the afternoon. Really bad if you plan to have a BBQ party. If 107 Orbit if struggling to sell at $2,980,000, I don't know why 124 Sunnyslope would think they have a chance. 107 Orbit even put in a lot of upgrades. They even added more solar panels.

Edit: Just realized that 124 Sunnyslope is actually Plan 1, not Plan 2. So that's even more delusional. 🤣
 
Last edited:
Extremely delusional.

111 Orbit, which is a Plan 3, with a bigger lot and also doesn't have neighbor on one side, started listing at $3,560,000 and reduced to $3,350,000 before finally giving up.

107 Orbit, a Plan 2 with a bigger lot as well, started listing at $3,398,000 before reducing to $3,290,000 and then again to $3,190,000 and now at $2,980,000. This is a comparable floorplan, but with bigger lot and the backyard facing the good direction. 124 Sunnyslope's backyard is facing west, so it's going to be really really hot in the afternoon. Really bad if you plan to have a BBQ party. If 107 Orbit if struggling to sell at $2,980,000, I don't know why 124 Sunnyslope would think they have a chance. 107 Orbit even put in a lot of upgrades. They even added more solar panels.
South facing front door is a deal breaker for Indian buyers but east facing is fine - Asians and South Asians want to stay inside with AC comfort so west facing backyard is mostly a concern for non-Asian buyers who would use the backyard .
 
South facing front door is a deal breaker for Indian buyers but east facing is fine - Asians and South Asians want to stay inside with AC comfort so west facing backyard is mostly a concern for non-Asian buyers who would use the backyard .
I was going to ask, people actually use their backyards in Irvine? The yards are tiny to begin with and culturally the target demographic doesn't seem to value outdoor living.
 
I was going to ask, people actually use their backyards in Irvine? The yards are tiny to begin with and culturally the target demographic doesn't seem to value outdoor living.
True, most new build Irvine yards are tiny. Those who actually have a usable yard, like myself, are quite happy compared with what my neighbors have.
 

Don't know who this buyer is, but must be very stupid. There's no way a Cielo Plan 1 with a slightly smaller than average lot is worth $3.1M in this market.
Redfin still has the pictures for 124 Sunnyslope at the moment. https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/124-Sunnyslope-92618/home/182269211

Shea had Lot 103 (Cielo Plan 1) finished, move in ready, yes modest front landscaping, no rear landscaping, price cut to $2.6M (the 2nd price cut I believe). It's gone to sold status. TBD on the final price and we'll never know if there were other seller credits, but suppose $2.6M is the current market price for a plan 1 Cielo no view no rear landscaping, medium lot size relative to others in the tract.

124 Sunnyslope backs up to the Orbit cul de sac. Perhaps a relative + to Lot 103's big hill beyond it's rear wall.

124 Sunnyslope had finished rear landscaping. +

124 Sunnyslope had a smaller backyard. -

124 Sunnyslope was sold from the builder on 7/6/2023. 3 years older house. -

Ya... I agree with you CalBears96, $3.1M is a stupid price. The buyer's agent was with JC Pacific Corp. Dare I posit that it was an overseas buyer?
 
Last edited:
Seems like people don't like the houses behind them looking down at them.
Yes, higher prices for higher locations. Take a look at OH4, the most expensive houses are from the Skyline at the top of the hill built by TB. The model homes are for sale at $12m now! Can you believe it!
 
Seems like people don't like the houses behind them looking down at them.
I think you point out a real phenomenon here. It's a lot specific situation imho - sometimes It's there and can feel odd. I think one can ask themselves a few more questions, like, "How often to people stand in places where they can see into my lot/house?" "When people stand in those places, how likely am I to be visible?" "How much of the visibility can be mitigated with window coverings and shade structures?" "When people stand in those places do they look at me/my family or something else?" etc.

I think often the answer is it almost never happens that the neighbor up high and down low make eye contact. I think people over estimate how much other people think about them. But of course, there is a possibility that you get an odd fellow on the higher house who makes it weird. Rare, but not impossible, so I get the hesitation someone might have about living in a lower lot with high visibility from lots above.
 
Looks like the opposite is happening.

View attachment 11074

And strange how they're selling from unreleased phases. Some shenanigans going on.
If you look at the construction progress in person, many of those unreleased houses are nearly finished. Perhaps the builder intentionally doesn't release them to direct potential buyers towards the aging standing inventory, but if there's a buyer ready to put money down, which is believable for some of the remaining view lots, the builder is happy to take those to contract & escrow.
 
Like the poor folks that bought in Altair thinking no one would be behind them.

 
I think you point out a real phenomenon here. It's a lot specific situation imho - sometimes It's there and can feel odd. I think one can ask themselves a few more questions, like, "How often to people stand in places where they can see into my lot/house?" "When people stand in those places, how likely am I to be visible?" "How much of the visibility can be mitigated with window coverings and shade structures?" "When people stand in those places do they look at me/my family or something else?" etc.

I think often the answer is it almost never happens that the neighbor up high and down low make eye contact. I think people over estimate how much other people think about them. But of course, there is a possibility that you get an odd fellow on the higher house who makes it weird. Rare, but not impossible, so I get the hesitation someone might have about living in a lower lot with high visibility from lots above.
I've lived in a home like this and though it is rare, it does feel weird when someone is up there. Also, having a hill behind your home makes your home feel cramped. I mean, sit in the backyard of the home with a hill behind it and sit in the backyard of the home on the hill and it is a world of difference. But that explains the premium.
 
Back
Top