Christmas Cards

ps99472

We skipped last year, but was able to make time to get them out this year.  Did the Costco $14.99 deal for 50 cards.  Got the picture done at JC Penny with a groupon that gets you the digital CD. 
https://www.groupon.com/deals/jcp-portraits-12-21-los-angeles

Wouldn't recommend the studio at Main Place, got an inexperienced photographer and it was very frustrating.  Still able to salvage a good family pic for the card and for $20, not that bad.

Costco is cheap but not very unique since almost everyone one does it.  Where do you guys Xmas card?

My wife spends hours making them. Stamps, cutting printer, presses/anvils, embossers.  I luvs me some crafty woman.  :-*

irvinehomeowner said:
I'm Jewish.

There are several options if you are "Jewish."

Send happy Holliday cards and/or Happy New Years cards. Or if your on a budget send your friends and family ecards/online greetings.

I used to go to Target for family portrait and buy their card products but after landscaping, I am broke. 

So I took family pictures in front of the tree with my studio muslin backdrops + Nikon camera + ice cream and got the kids in a few good poses.  After some photoshopping, I got some nice pics for the cards.

I did embossing, custom stamps, cute stickers, the works on the cards too.

We did a combo of Walmart cards + Costco cards + Treat.com cards.  Costco works great for kids classmates and coworkers (just one good picture is needed).  Walmart has high quality stock cards I use for mailing out ( it allows for up to 7 pictures ... Front + back).  Treat.com I use for family (allows for multiple pics + custom messages).

After all that work, I spent less than $40 on holiday cards this year.  And that's budgeting in the ice cream I used as bribes.

Lastly, we're not religiously affiliated.  But it's nice to celebrate the end of the year and send some love and joy out to the world.  Dang ... I sound like a Hallmark card. =P

Back