Chocolate!

Hey everyone!

I've been off the forums for awhile... but urgently need your assistance with CHOCOLATE!

You see... I have a prospect I am presenting to next week (technology company) and most of the employees are from abroad. Their biggest love is CHOCOLATE! But not just any chocolate... they are used to the best!

Where locally (the weather is warm these days you know :) ) can I buy the best chocolate to take to my meeting as a small token of respect?

Any advise is appreciated! :cheese:

Welcome back, GITOC!

Since this is the "Irvine" housing blog, most people are probably going to give you fancy names like "Bodega" or "Godiva". I say simple is better. Go to Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and pick out some goodies. They have some interesting creations too. Besides, if they're from abroad, they've probably had better chocolate than you could find locally so why compete. :)

[quote author="Irvine_Lurker" date=1250320406]Try Teuscher (probably spelled this wrong...) in Fashion Island. Fancy Euro chocolate...</blockquote>

i second teuscher...buy the champagne-filled ones that oprah loves (i shit you not)...your foreigners will go ga-ga when they hear and taste the champagne

[quote author="almon" date=1250322595][quote author="Irvine_Lurker" date=1250320406]Try Teuscher (probably spelled this wrong...) in Fashion Island. Fancy Euro chocolate...</blockquote>

i second teuscher...buy the champagne-filled ones that oprah loves (i shit you not)...your foreigners will go ga-ga when they hear and taste the champagne</blockquote>

oh oh...then stop by sprinkles and get those decadent cupcakes. go for the red velvet...enter the mall from avocado, 3 mins from fashion island

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1250317699]Hey everyone!

I've been off the forums for awhile... but urgently need your assistance with CHOCOLATE!

You see... I have a prospect I am presenting to next week (technology company) and most of the employees are from abroad. Their biggest love is CHOCOLATE! But not just any chocolate... they are used to the best!

Where locally (the weather is warm these days you know :) ) can I buy the best chocolate to take to my meeting as a small token of respect?

Any advise is appreciated! :cheese:</blockquote>
You should know, Polish chocolates rock. I'll have my dad pick some up for you next time he's over there.

For business clients, I give Godiva mixed or dark to any foreign clients!

If they are European, they have plenty of chocolate from their own continent, I will not go for any euro ones.

For ME and Asians clients, Godiva is hard to find there, espeically the dark ones. If they know chocolate, they probably know the name.

I usually go safe with business clients, espeically foreign ones. Godiva can go toe-to-toe with almost any chocolate.

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1250317699]Hey everyone!

I've been off the forums for awhile... </blockquote>

The forum needs more hot Polish girls. Nice to have you back!

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1250333456][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1250317699]Hey everyone!

The forum needs more hot Polish girls. Nice to have you back!</blockquote>
werd!

[quote author="no_vaseline" date=1250333456][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1250317699]Hey everyone!

The forum needs more hot Polish girls. Nice to have you back!</blockquote>

<em>* Blush * </em>

Thanks!

[quote author="almon" date=1250322971][quote author="almon" date=1250322595][quote author="Irvine_Lurker" date=1250320406]Try Teuscher (probably spelled this wrong...) in Fashion Island. Fancy Euro chocolate...</blockquote>

i second teuscher...buy the champagne-filled ones that oprah loves (i shit you not)...your foreigners will go ga-ga when they hear and taste the champagne</blockquote>

oh oh...then stop by sprinkles and get those decadent cupcakes. go for the red velvet...enter the mall from avocado, 3 mins from fashion island</blockquote>

I would love too have a cupcake.... unfortunately "Gluten Free" at the moment... so no flour... :long:

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1250328589][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1250317699]Hey everyone!

You should know, Polish chocolates rock. I'll have my dad pick some up for you next time he's over there.</blockquote>

Didn't your mom just get back from Poland with a ton of chocolate?! What happened to that? Huh? :smirk:

Teuscher Chocolates & Cafe

Phone: (949) 721-1801

Suite: 1001

<blockquote><em>Considered by many to be the world's finest chocolate, Teuscher uses only the finest natural ingredients in its truffles that are flown in fresh from Switzerland.</em></blockquote>

Hmmmm.... I might just give this one a try! Thanks!

I like Valentino Chocolatier in The District. The owner (Maggie Hudson) is usually there and she is a European perfectionist and ships the chocolates fresh from Belgium weekly. It tastes just like the ones in the chocolate shops in Germany, the chocolates are outstanding. She also does corporate gifts (<A href="http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/corpgifts.html">http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/corpgifts.html</A>). I find she is very knowledgeable and helpful in figuring out suggesting exactly what you (or someone else) would want to eat.

<A href="http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/">http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/</A>

What's wrong with See's?

We used to ship that stuff every holiday to relatives back east because they could not get See's locally and they loved those candies.

[quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1250343027][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1250328589][quote author="Girl In the OC" date=1250317699]Hey everyone!

You should know, Polish chocolates rock. I'll have my dad pick some up for you next time he's over there.</blockquote>

Didn't your mom just get back from Poland with a ton of chocolate?! What happened to that? Huh? :smirk:</blockquote>
I think she and my dad already went through all of them. They only have a sweet tooth for Polish candy and Polish chocolates.

nothing wrong with the way godiva or see's taste, they both taste good.

i would shy away from godiva when trying to impress though -> they sell that in barnes & noble and bloomingdales now. if your visitors set foot in b&n, and they didn't know the godiva name, they would think, "GIOC gave me bookstore chocolate, WTF!"

teuscher is more exclusive than see's, doesn't mean it's better. but...in this world that we live in, plenty of people would equate that with quality (especially if you mention oprah...)

[quote author="Anonymous" date=1250346999]I like Valentino Chocolatier in The District. The owner (Maggie Hudson) is usually there and she is a European perfectionist and ships the chocolates fresh from Belgium weekly. It tastes just like the ones in the chocolate shops in Germany, the chocolates are outstanding. She also does corporate gifts (<A href="http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/corpgifts.html">http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/corpgifts.html</A>). I find she is very knowledgeable and helpful in figuring out suggesting exactly what you (or someone else) would want to eat.

<A href="http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/">http://www.valentinochocolatier.com/</A></blockquote>

Very cool! Thx for the link... I'm going to check this place out!

Back