Chinese tourists

AW said:
With a lot of them actually buying and living here, hopefully they'll assimilate or at least their kids should.

What I haven't seen here, thankfully, is how they don't believe in queuing.  Cutting in line along with public urinating and defecating is not ok.

They also tend to pick their nose, spit, fart but that's not as offensive.

When mainlanders move in to the city Old timer Chinese move away. The pattern is evident in the New Chinatown, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, Monterey Park and Arcadia.

Could Irvine escape this fate and only time will tell.

irvinehomeshopper said:
AW said:
With a lot of them actually buying and living here, hopefully they'll assimilate or at least their kids should.

What I haven't seen here, thankfully, is how they don't believe in queuing.  Cutting in line along with public urinating and defecating is not ok.

When mainlanders move in to the city Old timer Chinese move away. The pattern is evident in the New Chinatown, Hacienda Heights, Rowland Heights, Monterey Park and Arcadia.

I've noticed this trend also but up until now, the old timer Chinese have been able to hold their ground against the mainlanders in Irvine, San Marino, and PV.  As recently as last year, Taiwanese defeated an attempt by mainland Chinese to make a city in mainland China a sister city of Irvine.  Mayor Choi agreed with Irvine's Taiwanese residents and actually said he rejected the proposal because the PRC is a Communist dictatorship whose ideology is inconsistent with American values.  So at least some old timer Chinese don't flee, they will stand and fight.

Common denominator for PV and San Marino is the area has a strict architectural and CC&R restriction where mainlanders can't destroyed the aesthetic such as homes, buildings, signage, and storefronts. Unlike other cities that allowed them to alter the environment and rebuild them. However, their manner and behavior still exist. many Chinese in SM and PV old timers may tolerate them as neighbors but Caucasians are moving.

Happiness said:
irvinehomeshopper said:
AW said:

I've noticed this trend also but up until now, the old timer Chinese have been able to hold their ground against the mainlanders in Irvine, San Marino, and PV.  As recently as last year, Taiwanese defeated an attempt by mainland Chinese to make a city in mainland China a sister city of Irvine.  Mayor Choi agreed with Irvine's Taiwanese residents and actually said he rejected the proposal because the PRC is a Communist dictatorship whose ideology is inconsistent with American values.  So at least some old timer Chinese don't flee, they will stand and fight.

Someone I know saw this first hand and posted on FB...notice where the kid was trying to cool off. His grandma just let him. hilarious.

Attachments

• wth.jpg
    wth.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 134
Back