Chinese immigration and it's effect in communities.

irvinehomeshopper

A member asked me to write about this topic and I pondered over this for weeks because the social and cultural complexities made this really difficult to explain in just a few paragraphs.

Chinese moved into the very first master planned community Levittown during the early 50's. For seven decades the desire to own a brand new home has never changed however circumstances of immigration have dramatically evolved since the lifting of the Chinese exclusionary act over seven decades ago.

I was intrigued by the consistency of Chinese migration pattern while I was an undergrad eons ago at Claremont. Several years ago I was a consultant for a Hong Kong documentary on the history of Chinese immigration to the Gold mountain.

Over many decades I have been involved with master planned communities that cater to Asians and especially to the the deep pocketed Chinese buyers.

My very first master plan was in Rancho Palos Verdes and a smaller plan in Racquet Mountain in Montebello followed by the expansion of Amar Road into Walnut, then the infancy of Rowland Heights.

I remembered the serial killer Richard Ramirez had just killed a woman in town while I was laying out the second phase of Diamond Bar Country. About the same time I started on the Chino Hills master plan when the escapee from Chino Correctional facility butchered a nearby family.

Both Fullerton and Irvine are full of my past 25 years creations.

Since then I have created several hundred plans that seem to attract Chinese buyers like bees to flowers. For a decade now my area of concentrations are in the Silicon Valley near Stanford and the suburbs of New Jersey by Princeton.

I do have a crystal ball to chart decades in to the future where Chinese money will be going because I understand the Chinese lifestyle, socialization and their desires.

When a community is designed with good Feng shui and appealing prices Chinese will come. Even Yaliu's greatest fear a cemetery when carefully planned with good Feng shui remedy and proper Buddhist ritual in honoring the deads it can become a harmonious neighbor.

This will become a super long topic as many of you are only interested in making money in buying low and sell high to the FCBs so cut out the BS and just tell me where!

First lets understand some basics about the previous generations of Chinese immigrants. Part 7 and 8 talked about Arcadia.

https://m.youtube.com/results?q=jackie%20sutton%20becoming%20american%20part&sm=3.

For those who are fluent in Cantonese here are the HK 5 part documentary series and many being interviewed spoke in English. Use the fast forward button.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZklRy-Ck34k

There will be more to come.

Back