Children's haircut

samuroo

Planning on taking my 5-year old girl to a stylist for the first time.  Any recommendations in Irvine?

1d81bc52.jpg

Enough for the whole family, $25 at BedBathBeyond...

samuroo said:
Distance aside, which did you prefer, Rainbow or Firstcut?

i know the question was for IHO but just to clarify, firstcut has a newport beach location

samuroo said:
Distance aside, which did you prefer, Rainbow or Firstcut?
Heh... hard to discount the distance (even Newport)... and I think Rainbow is a little less expensive.

I think boys may like Firstcut better because their chairs are rocket ships... but girls might prefer Rainbow because they will also do a "Rainbow braid" afterwards where they braid your hair and put flowers into it.

My boy now goes to the same barber I do (Bell Tower Barber in Lake Forest) and I see many boys younger than him go there too... so that would be my rec for boy haircuts.

Also... just to be fair... I don't think Rainbow Kids is the "best" place for kids haircuts... but I think they are the "only" place in Irvine that is specifically for kids. And if you read the Yelp reviews, you probably won't want to go there (although we personally haven't had an issue with the place or the stylists):
http://www.yelp.com/biz/rainbow-kids-hairstyling-irvine

You may also want to try SuperCuts or HairMasters (reviews for HairMasters seem higher).

We've been taking our girls to Firstcut4kids in Newport Beach ever since a disastrous cut from a regular salon. 

After paying $10 for the disastrous haircut, and then waiting 4 months for it to grow out, $25 for a good hair cut no longer sounds that bad.  We don't have to go very often, maybe 3 times a year, so it works for us.

They also braid and put in the little flowers in their hair after the cut.

Never been to Rainbow, was totally scared off by the Yelp reviews.  Maybe I'll check it out sometime.

Most awesome place for a kids haircut is the Barbershop in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World.  $17 for the haircut and style.  Extra $5 and they'll add glitter and hair color.  It's just a little far though... 

irvinenester said:
Most awesome place for a kids haircut is the Barbershop in the Magic Kingdom at Disney World.  $17 for the haircut and style.  Extra $5 and they'll add glitter and hair color.  It's just a little far though... 
Is there one in Disneyland? If not... maybe they should add one.

irvinehomeowner said:
irvinenester said:
Is there one in Disneyland? If not... maybe they should add one.

Unfortunately, there isn't one in Disneyland.  Lol, there's always Bippity Boppity Boutique (or whatever it's called).  Don't know if they have the boy option yet.

Back