Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

irvineboy said:
I am curious if the buyers of Padova or other Shea Homes experienced exceptional customer service?  Or is it just the Cetara team who thinks it is ok to NOT provide great service that clients expect when buying a $2m home?  Or is it because of Covid that they are extra careful about buyers dropping in?  Or is it just the sale office who are hard to deal with?

Far from exceptional, although the design center has been very pleasant, really enjoyed working with Lucy.  This is my 2nd Shea new construction, first was in Brea (Blackstone) and that was an exceptional customer service experience.

Chegg said:
irvineboy said:
I am curious if the buyers of Padova or other Shea Homes experienced exceptional customer service?  Or is it just the Cetara team who thinks it is ok to NOT provide great service that clients expect when buying a $2m home?  Or is it because of Covid that they are extra careful about buyers dropping in?  Or is it just the sale office who are hard to deal with?

Far from exceptional, although the design center has been very pleasant, really enjoyed working with Lucy.  This is my 2nd Shea new construction, first was in Brea (Blackstone) and that was an exceptional customer service experience.

We had an exceptional experience with the Shea Padova team.  We purchased at Phase 1 before the model was even built.  The sales office was always there to answer questions and kept us in the loop every step of the way.  They would make accommodations for us to walk through the model during construction so that we had a better idea of the layout.  After the model opened we were there every other weekend for measurements and ideas.  The staff always friendly and knowledgable. The construction team was more than accommodating on our needs as we did our flooring, tile, backsplash upgrades after COE.  The customer service team for the 1 year warranty was always around and would come by and check on things upon request.  We were really happy with the whole Shea buying process.

I called over to the sales office because a client had a question for them.  Leslie called me back and I asked her about when were people registered who bought in Phase 4 and she said "right around the beginning of Sept" which is right because my buyer who registered on Sept 5th hasn't gotten called yet.  When I asked what their chance was for Phase 5 she said basically zero because there were several people at the top of the list who were passing for the larger Phase 5 lots and said most likely they'll be able to buy in Phase 6 but for sure in phase 7.  Hope that helps everyone.

Hey Martin, if buyers are not trying to buy the view lots in phase 5, why would they try for phase 6/7?  Aren?t those all interior lots and normal sized lots?  There will be a price increase later on also.

irvineboy said:
Hey Martin, if buyers are not trying to buy the view lots in phase 5, why would they try for phase 6/7?  Aren?t those all interior lots and normal sized lots?  There will be a price increase later on also.

One of my buyers who registered a bit earlier got called on the Plan 1 view lots for Phase 3 and 4 but passed but not sure if they'll get called for the larger non view lots.  They'll most likely buy in Phase 6 but may other buyer who got on the list on the 5th hasn't gotten called yet so they'll probably they may or may not get a home in Phase 6 or will probably get a home in Phase 7.  Both guys are fine with interior Plan 2 or 3 lots.

cghirvine said:
Do you think the backyards of those Plan 2 (view lots) too small for lap pool?

Keep in mind that Irvine requires a 3-foot setback from the property lines for a pool and at least 3 feet from the edge of the home to the edge of the pool so if you have a 15-foot deep yard you'll be looking at a pool that will be 9 feet wide at most.

To give you an example, my yard is currently 21 feet deep until it hits a 2 foot retaining wall with an upslope.  I'm moving my retaining wall back 6 feet and I'm going to have my pool be 12 feet wide with the new 4 foot retaining wall being the back of the pool which will leave me 15 feet from the home to the edge of the pool for hard/softscaping. 

aquabliss said:
USC you're putting a pool in?  <Jealous Emoji>

I have a pool but is old and needs to be scrapped so I'm redoing my front and backyard, including a new more modern pool and moving my retaining wall back 6 feet (goes from 2 feet high to 4 feet high). 

scubasteve said:
View lots went up another 100k! Not sure if I can stomach it lol...

2A: 2.389mm, includes stacking sliding doors and large glass window
1B: 2.35mm, includes stacking sliding doors @ courtyard and greatroom
2C: 2.389mm, includes stacking sliding doors and large glass window
Phase 5

Non-view

60 1B $1.955mm (extra 1,000 sqft lot with 18ft bonus setback)
61 3C $2.03mm (extra 1,000 sqft lot with 18ft bonus setback)

View - these lots look standard for the view lots
62 3A $2.783mm incl Deck at Master Bedroom
63 2C $2.744mm incl Stacking Sliding, Glass Door and Fixed Glass Window Wall Above
64 3D $2.743mm incl Deck at Master Bedroom

Big lot for <2mm looks nice now...

paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:

Now $2.7mm+ for all view lots!

paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:

Phase 5

Non-view

62 3A $2.783mm
63 2C $2.744mm
64 3D $2.743mm

Wow, what a jump in price for the view lots! Do they come with any additional upgrades?

paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:

Phase 5

Non-view

62 3A $2.783mm
63 2C $2.744mm
64 3D $2.743mm

I'm both surprised and not surprised. The view lots for $300k more seems more reasonable than the $150K premium for the extra backyard space.

I'm sure they'll all sell (the not surprised part of me), but that was more than I expected, particularly for the non-view lots. Though I suppose Lot 61 will have some views of fires in future years  ;D

paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:

Phase 5

Non-view

62 3A $2.783mm
63 2C $2.744mm
64 3D $2.743mm

Wow, those are some big premiums for the view lots.  I'm sure they'll sell all of them though.

Eyespii said:
paperboyNC said:
scubasteve said:

Phase 5

Non-view

62 3A $2.783mm
63 2C $2.744mm
64 3D $2.743mm

Wow, what a jump in price for the view lots! Do they come with any additional upgrades?

62/64 come with the Deck at Master. 63 comes with Stacking Sliding Glass Door and Fixed Glass Window Wall Above (as shown in Model).

62 gets an extra 2.8 feet of backyard space compared to the standard lots.

Back