Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
trematix said:
i believe they may be building additional cetara homes, at least thats what i heard...

You mean building out the tract where their website shows grey areas? Yes that was always the case. Builders commonly keep further out phases out of peoples mind. If you're referring to clones of Cetara in a different area that's news to me.

yes im talking about the additional tracts. you stated "3 phases left. Include the parking lot." There will be more than that if they continue to build on those available tracts.

trematix said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
trematix said:
i believe they may be building additional cetara homes, at least thats what i heard...

You mean building out the tract where their website shows grey areas? Yes that was always the case. Builders commonly keep further out phases out of peoples mind. If you're referring to clones of Cetara in a different area that's news to me.

yes im talking about the additional tracts. you stated "3 phases left. Include the parking lot." There will be more than that if they continue to build on those available tracts.

I think he/she was referring to the view lots.

trematix said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
trematix said:

Currently if you look at OH master plans the current tracts home architecture are all already finalized and spoken for. But things do change so there's a small chance we may see Cetara clones elsewhere in OH. More likely in one of the more fluid tracts in PS or GP.

Out of curiosity when did they pre-qual? Trying to gauge how far down the list they got given I just did it right before new years...

scubasteve said:
Out of curiosity when did they pre-qual? Trying to gauge how far down the list they got given I just did it right before new years...

I believe within a day or two of the grand opening. 

I am curious if the buyers of Padova or other Shea Homes experienced exceptional customer service?  Or is it just the Cetara team who thinks it is ok to NOT provide great service that clients expect when buying a $2m home?  Or is it because of Covid that they are extra careful about buyers dropping in?  Or is it just the sale office who are hard to deal with? 

irvineboy said:
I%u2019m curious if the buyers of Padova or other Shea Homes experienced exceptional customer service?  Or is it just the Cetara team who thinks it is ok to NOT provide great service that clients expect when buying a $2m home?  Or is it because of Covid that they are extra careful about buyers dropping in?  Or is it just the sale office who are hard to deal with?

Partially Covid. Partially it?s who you deal with in sales office. I would avoid dealing with Leslie.

Yes I?m curious if other Shea buyers had to google product numbers to see what certain options look like because the builder did not bother to include pictures in its catalog (which is actually a dropbox link containing random and sometimes outdated slides), or whether they were scolded for not making an appointment to get a quick measurement.

seaturtle said:
Yes I?m curious if other Shea buyers had to google product numbers to see what certain options look like because the builder did not bother to include pictures in its catalog (which is actually a dropbox link containing random and sometimes outdated slides), or whether they were scolded for not making an appointment to get a quick measurement.

So to clarify for all the people that asked here, it sounds like your issues are:

1. The Design Center not being helpful and giving you details of upgrade options
2. Being scolded for dropping by the models for a measurement

I am buying at Cetara and this is my second new construction home, so I'm somewhat familiar with what to expect. I'm the kind of person that doesn't leave anything to chance if I can help it, so I did all my own research on the options and had very detailed questions to ask the office and design center.

I also had low expectations for Shea and their staff. I know first hand how hard it is to run a business during Covid, so their hands are tied on certain things or they have to follow procedures that may not make sense to everyone. I don't like zoom calls or making appointments, but this is our reality right now.

I have found Leslie to be helpful and by far the most knowledgeable person at the office. She is very responsive to emails (aside from the first two weeks after model opening) and I have no issues with her. The others have not been as helpful or knowledgeable but everyone has been friendly and there's been no rudeness towards me from anyone.

The design center experience is tough, because in my mind it's all about the designer you're assigned. Mine was pretty good, but certainly could have been better. Email responses take days/weeks and they just don't have all the info I need. As I mentioned, I did my own research and asked detailed questions. It's too big of a purchase to let someone lead me blindly.

One question I asked of the designer was if the multi-gen suite was not selected, would the downstairs shower have a bench? This mattered to me because of the option for a soap niche, which I wouldn't need if there was a bench. My designer said she asked and there is NO bench, despite the floorplan showing one. Now that construction is well underway of homesites, I found that they are definitely building a bench in that shower. So either my designer didn't ask and lied to me or Shea doesn't have their stuff together.

Similar for the floorplan showing two water heaters. I said the model has one, but the floorplan shows two. I was told the floorplan is incorrect. I believe there's only one, as modeled.

I consider these to be little things. Yes, we're spending $2m on a home and I would hope that it comes with a premium experience. At the same time, I'm fine as long as I (mostly) get what I want out of it. If that means doing some legwork, I've been fine with it. But it certainly has not been a "premium" experience, whatever that means.

Those are my 2 cents.

JadedOne said:
seaturtle said:

So to clarify for all the people that asked here, it sounds like your issues are:

1. The Design Center not being helpful and giving you details of upgrade options
2. Being scolded for dropping by the models for a measurement

I am buying at Cetara and this is my second new construction home, so I'm somewhat familiar with what to expect. I'm the kind of person that doesn't leave anything to chance if I can help it, so I did all my own research on the options and had very detailed questions to ask the office and design center.

I also had low expectations for Shea and their staff. I know first hand how hard it is to run a business during Covid, so their hands are tied on certain things or they have to follow procedures that may not make sense to everyone. I don't like zoom calls or making appointments, but this is our reality right now.

I have found Leslie to be helpful and by far the most knowledgeable person at the office. She is very responsive to emails (aside from the first two weeks after model opening) and I have no issues with her. The others have not been as helpful or knowledgeable but everyone has been friendly and there's been no rudeness towards me from anyone.

The design center experience is tough, because in my mind it's all about the designer you're assigned. Mine was pretty good, but certainly could have been better. Email responses take days/weeks and they just don't have all the info I need. As I mentioned, I did my own research and asked detailed questions. It's too big of a purchase to let someone lead me blindly.

One question I asked of the designer was if the multi-gen suite was not selected, would the downstairs shower have a bench? This mattered to me because of the option for a soap niche, which I wouldn't need if there was a bench. My designer said she asked and there is NO bench, despite the floorplan showing one. Now that construction is well underway of homesites, I found that they are definitely building a bench in that shower. So either my designer didn't ask and lied to me or Shea doesn't have their stuff together.

Similar for the floorplan showing two water heaters. I said the model has one, but the floorplan shows two. I was told the floorplan is incorrect. I believe there's only one, as modeled.

I consider these to be little things. Yes, we're spending $2m on a home and I would hope that it comes with a premium experience. At the same time, I'm fine as long as I (mostly) get what I want out of it. If that means doing some legwork, I've been fine with it. But it certainly has not been a "premium" experience, whatever that means.

Those are my 2 cents.

Agree with you on the lack of premium anything (except on some of the option prices).

My examples were meant to be illustrative - unfortunately my issues with the Shea experience go beyond pretty pictures or bruised feelings. I?m just new to this site and not totally comfortable going into detail yet.

Anyway, after my original post, I?ve been contacted by a few new neighbors-to-be, so that?s been cool. Frustration and stress with Shea notwithstanding, I look forward to seeing all of you around the ?hood.

irvineboy said:
I am curious if the buyers of Padova or other Shea Homes experienced exceptional customer service?  Or is it just the Cetara team who thinks it is ok to NOT provide great service that clients expect when buying a $2m home?  Or is it because of Covid that they are extra careful about buyers dropping in?  Or is it just the sale office who are hard to deal with?

We bought in different Shea homebuilder community and it was a pleasure to deal with the sales staff.  When we engaged with the Shea design studio to the construction foreman, Shea has been very accommodating with requested custom changes (ie. moving placement of air vents or canned lights etc) to accommodate planned future post-escrow work in our home.

Back