Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

USCTrojanCPA said:
Nguyen80 said:
Still looks very well priced to me. Better than anything with a view on resell market. Plus the price increase includes options I and probably most people are going to get anyways.

Agreed, most of the view lot buyers aren't going to be discouraged from buying and the builder knows this. They'll sell all of the view lots the same day that they are released.

Just trying to understand, theres barely any space in the back yard. I'm on the interest list and love cetara but now having reservations about the lack of backyard space

For me, it's both the lack of back yard and the 2 car garages that is holding me back. Most people use part of their garage for storage. So, space for 1 car. If you have a longer driveway, that may work. But these driveways barely fits the length of a car. It's pretty disappointing. But again, new house with a "view", it's still going to sell I guess.

trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Nguyen80 said:
Still looks very well priced to me. Better than anything with a view on resell market. Plus the price increase includes options I and probably most people are going to get anyways.

Agreed, most of the view lot buyers aren't going to be discouraged from buying and the builder knows this. They'll sell all of the view lots the same day that they are released.

Just trying to understand, theres barely any space in the back yard. I'm on the interest list and love cetara but now having reservations about the lack of backyard space

Is there at least 10 feet from the house to the wall?

This setback 10 feet is normal for this part of the grove.

Compressed-Village said:
trematix said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Nguyen80 said:

Is there at least 10 feet from the house to the wall?

This setback 10 feet is normal for this part of the grove.

I think plan1 setback from the CA room to the wall is 5? but the other side is probably 15? setback.

Nguyen80 said:

They added the cost of options to the price.  If you remove the options, it?s a $390k view lot premium over the interior lots.  I believe it was $350k view lot premium previously.

qwerty said:
talkirvine said:
If there is a side yard, then 10' backyard setback is not that bad.

Under any scenario a 10 foot backyard is horrible.

The Irvine Co. and land owners have brained wash us. No need for backyard since we only pay attention to the eye candies inside of the house during the tour. And it?s by design that the model home would never have any home build behind them. That is saved for the very last phase.

After you moved in and live there for sometimes, then you clearly see your neighbors clothing options walking around inside of their house, only then you realized that geez my house is too close to my neighbors.

The plans are great but I'm out due to the small lots. If you aren't really going to spend much time in the yard, then I could see the appeal. For those prices, I'd rather get a yard and a view and a driveway and some space between neighbors elsewhere even though I'll miss out on the neat floorplan and "new" home.

GoatGeneral said:
The plans are great but I'm out due to the small lots. If you aren't really going to spend much time in the yard, then I could see the appeal. For those prices, I'd rather get a yard and a view and a driveway and some space between neighbors elsewhere even though I'll miss out on the neat floorplan and "new" home.

Quail hill or turtle ridge are options but not sure price wise they align.

GoatGeneral said:

All that at these prices? I?m sorry you must have meant to join the Talk Riverside forum 

shadyoc said:
GoatGeneral said:

Speaking of Quail Hill, this is one of my favorite homes (corner view lot single story home with a pool)...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/10-Dreamlight-92603/home/5929516

Pool takes up most of the backyard and Old house. Mello Roos are not that much, that house would be out of budget for some cetara buyers, but I can see why that one is sold.

My (accurate) point is you can?t expect to  get all those things in the low 2s in Irvine. If you move quickly on a good deal if you?re lucky you can get it for high 2s. More likely low 3s.

USCTrojanCPA said:
shadyoc said:
GoatGeneral said:

Speaking of Quail Hill, this is one of my favorite homes (corner view lot single story home with a pool)...
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/10-Dreamlight-92603/home/5929516

Yes, this one is one of my favorite. Good lot size, good location, tasteful upgrade inside and out. Only bank allow me to add one more to my portfolio. I don?t want to sell to buy.

I think that yard, even taken up by the pool, affords more space and privacy than Cetara. Yes, it is old, but it also has a 3 car wide garage and is on a cul de sac and is south of the 405. It is not in a gated neighborhood like Cetara though. That said, I have no doubt Cetara will continue to sell well. The builders have done their homework on how to extract the most profit. It just isn't a trade off that I am willing to make.

Nguyen80 said:
Pool takes up most of the backyard and Old house. Mello Roos are not that much, that house would be out of budget for some cetara buyers, but I can see why that one is sold.

My (accurate) point is you can?t expect to  get all those things in the low 2s in Irvine. If you move quickly on a good deal if you?re lucky you can get it for high 2s. More likely low 3s.

Cetara is not going to be low 2s for the view lots when you did all the upgrades, shutters, draperies, landscaping, etc(easily more than mid 2s). You can't do a pool if you want to.

Back