Cetara Orchard Hills The Groves Shea Homes

lovingit said:
Very surprised that Shea would share that information with you.  Number of buyers that they had to call.

I heard people on the list asking what number they are on the priority list, after they were called, and Shea still would not divulge their number on the priority list.

Ya they definitely don?t let specific place on the list slip. You can at least infer if you were called for phase 1 and passed then you?ll be called sooner for subsequent phases.

Vaqueros said:
I heard that Toll brothers places verified cash buyers at the top of their priority list, 2nd is non-contingent fiance buyers, and then everyone else at the bottom.

Is that true for all builders?

Is that how the Cetara priority list is arranged too?

Sounds like good business practice/policy...cash is king!

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
It is, they don't want people waiting for the larger lots. They want things getting sold. Options paralyze people. And I can assure you the prequal list is well over 80

The wait list is definitely north of 80 but there are a lot of buyers on there that are focusing on either a view lot or a larger lot so if they don't get one of those lots they are out.

Generally, would most buyers go for smaller view lot or larger non-view lot?  From a resale perspective, what is more attractive?

lovingit said:
Generally, would most buyers go for smaller view lot or larger non-view lot?  From a resale perspective, what is more attractive?

with covid now, you would want a bigger lot im assuming. but that could change again in 3-5 years when hopefully normality starts to return. Nonetheless, I was told phase 2 lots are about 5100. Thats like a patio not a backyard.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:
Very surprised that Shea would share that information with you.  Number of buyers that they had to call.

I heard people on the list asking what number they are on the priority list, after they were called, and Shea still would not divulge their number on the priority list.

Ya they definitely don?t let specific place on the list slip. You can at least infer if you were called for phase 1 and passed then you?ll be called sooner for subsequent phases.

They are there to make sales. Six sold houses in in 9 calls. They disseminate this info to the agents and then the agents tell the clients and it creates a sense of urgency. Perhaps it took 30 calls to sell those 6. We will never know.  But 6 of 9 sounds good, things are on fire! and now people they call in the future may not be inclined to pass up a lot for fear of missing out.

qwerty said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:

They are there to make sales. Six sold houses in in 9 calls. They disseminate this info to the agents and then the agents tell the clients and it creates a sense of urgency. Perhaps it took 30 calls to sell those 6. We will never know.  But 6 of 9 sounds good, things are on fire! and now people they call in the future may not be inclined to pass up a lot for fear of missing out.

Are you implying people in sales lie? GASP!
I do think if their list is 80+, it?s probably not inconceivable that they only had to call 9 to get 6. Usually phase 1 buyers do a lot of HW, know the lots, know what they want and are first on the list for a reason.

qwerty said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
lovingit said:

Very true, perception becomes reality...I use it to my advantage on multiple offer situations on my listings. ;)

AW said:
all the plans are 2 car garages for > 4k sq ft house?

I think the last new homes that they built that had more than a 2-car garage was at the Vistas. If they added a 3-car garage to Cetara that would be a homerun.  The problem is that garage space does not count as square footage and a 1-car garage space is approx. 200sf (that extra interior square footage is worth $80k to $100k to a builder).

USCTrojanCPA said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
It is, they don't want people waiting for the larger lots. They want things getting sold. Options paralyze people. And I can assure you the prequal list is well over 80

The wait list is definitely north of 80 but there are a lot of buyers on there that are focusing on either a view lot or a larger lot so if they don't get one of those lots they are out.

When you say big lots, are you talking about the non-view lots at the end of the cul-de-sac? Otherwise, every other lots seem pretty small.

Movingup said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

When you say big lots, are you talking about the non-view lots at the end of the cul-de-sac? Otherwise, every other lots seem pretty small.

If you look at the full site map or lot map with the sizes you?ll see there?s some good sized ones in those grayed out areas

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
If you look at the full site map or lot map with the sizes you?ll see there?s some good sized ones in those grayed out areas

I see. So, people are potentially waiting beyond phase 7.

Movingup said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:
If you look at the full site map or lot map with the sizes you%u2019ll see there%u2019s some good sized ones in those grayed out areas

Yes.  However, imagine 0.5% increase per phase.  That%u2019s $10k increase per phase.  By phase 10, that%u2019s $100k more.  Before lot premium.  Genoa has $100k lot premiums.  Potentially, you could be paying $200k more for these bigger lots then. 

lovingit said:
Movingup said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

Yes.  However, imagine 0.5% increase per phase.  That?s $10k increase per phase.  By phase 10, that?s $100k more.  Before lot premium.  Genoa has $100k lot premiums.  Potentially, you could be paying $200k more for these bigger lots but then.

That seems like a very aggressive price hike per phase and they may not be able to keep up the interest. I still find there is a little more hype than substance for this community. Like you guys said, 2 car garages and really tiny lots. But people are probably impressed with the model homes. Once you are itching to add more and more options, it will quickly ballooned.

Movingup said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I don?t think anyone on the prequal list right now has the patience to wait beyond phase 7. In general people aren?t that patient. If they went and prequalified, they will get something elsewhere before waiting too long. The inside p1 lots that sold were to people who originally wanted a view lot and didn?t even want to wait for phase 2.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

They may talk like it but when it comes time to it I don?t think most people will be that die hard committed to the view. They?ll take what?s available. I suppose it depends on their specific situation.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
talkirvine said:
Does anyone on this forum or your client actually get one of the houses in Phase 1 release?

Two of mine were called for phase 1, passing so they can be first called on phase 2

Can you share when you registered these two clients? This will help me (and others I'm sure) get a better sense of where we are on the list.

Dr. CA Real Estate said:
Movingup said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

I don?t think anyone on the prequal list right now has the patience to wait beyond phase 7. In general people aren?t that patient. If they went and prequalified, they will get something elsewhere before waiting too long. The inside p1 lots that sold were to people who originally wanted a view lot and didn?t even want to wait for phase 2.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Dr. CA Real Estate said:

They may talk like it but when it comes time to it I don?t think most people will be that die hard committed to the view. They?ll take what?s available. I suppose it depends on their specific situation.

The one buyer that I registered is only looking to buy a view lot, it's view lot or bust.  My other buyers actually don't want to pay the premium for a view lot and are open to almost any lot with one wanting a larger lot so yes it all depends on the buyer.

Back