cell towers

kayochan

I have been reading up on the health effects of cell towers.
I found many articles but don't know how valid their claims are...

Here's one: 
http://www.gq.com/cars-gear/gear-and-gadgets/201002/warning-cell-phone-radiation 
(Also with some interesting comments from readers.)

"The World Health Organization, noting reports of "cancer, reduced fertility, memory loss, and adverse changes in the behavior and development of children."

"The county of Palm Beach, Florida, the City of Los Angeles, California, and the country of New Zealand have all prohibited cell phone base stations and antennas near schools due to safety concerns." etc.

Any experts out there who want to shine some light?

[quote author="scubasteve"]I think I'm screwed since I'm an RF engineer and work with wireless signals everyday...[/quote]

lol

[quote author="kayochan"]
[quote author="scubasteve"]I think I'm screwed since I'm an RF engineer and work with wireless signals everyday...[/quote]

Ok, so I am getting from you as an expert that there really is no health risk then???

That would be great because the lot I was looking at was pretty close to the cell tower near the water tank...and I was also looking at less expensive alternative also near cell towers.[/quote]

I don't think there's been any conclusive evidence. I know a lot of people who have been working for 20-30 years in the industry who have been exposed to the same RF signals without any adverse effects (in fact, I don't think I've met anyone who has).

Doesn't everything cause cancer these days anyways...haha

my brother is a neural radiologist, and he says cell phones causing brain disorders are a myth.

Turn on a portable radio near the power line or cell tower. The effect on the radio will be the same for the 'chi" in your meridians. Try putting a compass beneath these sources you will see some strange movement of the compass needle.

Origin of cancer is difficult to pin point. However these external EM forces can cause erratic "chi" in your body and nerves leading to other bad ailments. The objective of acupuncture is to regulate the "chi" in your meridians by needles and working toward a balance chi equilibrium.

I got a sense that he was pissed off," Jim told me. A handful of Jim's colleagues had already died from brain cancer; the more reports he encountered of young finance guys developing tumors, the more certain he felt that it wasn't a coincidence. "I knew four or five people just at my firm who got tumors," Jim says. "Each time, people ask the question. I hear it in the hallways.""

Wow- kind of eerie. One of my co-workers at the investment banking firm I worked at in Chicago had a brain tumor.

[quote author="frank69m"]I think the Irvine Plume will get you before the Cell Towers[/quote]
Not if the smell gets you first!

Rely on your first instinct. The first doubt will continue to haunt you for the rest of your life even though you are able to convince yourself regarding "trade-offs" to live below the antenna or other electro magnetic fields. It is like radiation. You can't see it but it is still there.

One of my friends said that all his coworkers who work in the RF lab all have daughters. Seems like EMF kill the Y sperm.

Scuba - do you have a boy or girl?

[quote author="cantaloop"]

One of my friends said that all his coworkers who work in the RF lab all have daughters. Seems like EMF kill the Y sperm.

Scuba - do you have a boy or girl?[/quote]

I don't have any.. but this is definitely a rumor circulating the industry. One of my best friends at work has 2 girls, but then again,the Ancient Chinese people told him he would have 2 girls also:

http://mypage.direct.ca/j/jfeng/gender.htm

this chart has been accurate for about 85% of my friends! Crazy...

[quote author="cantaloop"]
[quote author="scubasteve"]

http://mypage.direct.ca/j/jfeng/gender.htm

this chart has been accurate for about 85% of my friends! Crazy...[/quote]

What if I'm from Utah and my wife was 16 when my baby was conceived? <!-- s:D -->:D<!-- s:D -->[/quote]

Then you must be an old fart living in some compound on some isolated land surrounded by gun turrets and also married to your 16 yr old wife's older sister and her cousins.

kayochan said:
A friend of mine used an electro-smog meter (that measures microwave frequencies).  Tested inside their house which measured 9 mvolts.  They then tested the backyard which tested 9 mvolts.  Then they went to WBE and stood at the little pocket park near the cell tower by the water tank.  It tested 600mvolts. 

Just wondering where about is your friend's house?  I am trying to see if WB would have a number that's in the middle of 9 and 600?

hah, you all crack me up.

you get your medical risk assessments from youtoob and GQ.

can I sell you a share of this great bridge from Manhattan to Brooklyn too?

But seriously...If you don't like living near *whatever*, then don't buy the house.  You won't like it, and whoever you sell it to down the road will discount the price as well, if they share you esthetic or irrational medical concerns.

freedomcm said:
hah, you all crack me up.

you get your medical risk assessments from youtoob and GQ.

can I sell you a share of this great bridge from Manhattan to Brooklyn too?

But seriously...If you don't like living near *whatever*, then don't buy the house.  You won't like it, and whoever you sell it to down the road will discount the price as well, if they share you esthetic or irrational medical concerns.

Very very true.

Back