Cell phone signal in OH

shadyoc

I currently have a samsung phone and Verizon reception is terrible.  Anyone in OH have iphone with Verizon? Wondering if hardware matters or if I should just go ATT.  Anyone use ATT in the hills have good reception?

ATT is comparatively better over at OH -- but still the signal is pretty bad inside the house -- this has more to do with the insulation and window glass etc that is being used in the new houses. I remember checking the signal at the same places prior to construction and it was pretty good.

I have Iphone w/ T-Mobile service. Horrible in OH. Once you pass the school on Culver it cuts off. Even worse inside the groves  :-\

AT&T and Verizon signal on all the communities along Portola is bad. Think part of the reason also is that they don't have any cell towers this side of the 5 fwy. The only carrier with the closest cell tower is Sprint and T-Mobile.

http://www.cellreception.com/towers/towers.php?city=irvine&state_abr=ca

If you have ATT go buy a microcell and you will get full signal in your house. Its a modem looking device that hooks into your home network and uses internet to route your incoming/outgoing calls. Without this my phone has no signal in CV

djnick said:
If you have ATT go buy a microcell and you will get full signal in your house. Its a modem looking device that hooks into your home network and uses internet to route your incoming/outgoing calls. Without this my phone has no signal in CV

I got my microcell from AT&T for free (I'm in PS).  You just need to talk to their tech rep on the phone for maybe 30-45 mins as they will try to do bunch of test on your signals and try to reset or do other things.. but in the end, they were convinced signal is bad and agreed to give it to me for free (ordered online and they credited it back).

Back