Caserta II at Cypress Village (Phase 2) July 2015

Buemae said:
With the HOA's, property taxes and Special Assessments added in, the value isn't there for me.  I love the design of the model 3X, but not at these prices.

Cypress Village Community Association Dues:
Caserta II
$150/Month at Close of Escrow*
$125/Month at Build Out*

Special Assessments:
CFD?s 86-1 and 09-1 $ 1,700/Annually**
Assessment District AD 11-24 $1,220/annually**

1.05% Property Taxes

Not sure where you'll get much better value on a new construction in Irvine for that size.

paydawg said:
Buemae said:
With the HOA's, property taxes and Special Assessments added in, the value isn't there for me.  I love the design of the model 3X, but not at these prices.

Caserta II
$125/Month at Build Out*

Special Assessments:

1.05% Property Taxes

Not sure where you'll get much better value on a new construction in Irvine for that size.

If you are comparing value against other new homes in Irvine, then I agree.  But to me, the overall value is not worth the cost.  I'm one that feels homes are overvalued in Irvine by 15-20% and would like the market to settle down before I invest that much into home.

Buemae said:
paydawg said:
Buemae said:

Caserta II
$125/Month at Build Out*

Special Assessments:

1.05% Property Taxes

If you are comparing value against other new homes in Irvine, then I agree.  But to me, the overall value is not worth the cost.  I'm one that feels homes are overvalued in Irvine by 15-20% and would like the market to settle down before I invest that much into home.

Agree, It would be interesting to see how the new home construction and re-sale house values holdup if the interest rates increase by 1%.

for $100k less, I'd do Caserta as most plan 3 walls do not touch your neighbor.

And I heard HOAs include fire and casualty insurance, plus roof and siding coverage, which Jasmine does not.

Personally, the distance of the landfill wasn't that much of a concern for me when looking at PS because you don't see it (out of sight out of mind).

The problem I had was the distance of PS from everything else in Irvine... which really meant stuff near or south of the 405.

I think any new 'hood in Irvine will be a good choice... you just need to focus on if the location is good for you, if the floor plan is good for you and if the price is good for you.

I would be more concerned about living next to a major road or freeway that I can see and hear every day than a landfill/cemetery/qwerchete that I can't even see.

TRNeighbor.com said:
for $100k less, I'd do Caserta as most plan 3 walls do not touch your neighbor.

And I heard HOAs include fire and casualty insurance, plus roof and siding coverage, which Jasmine does not.

Never thought of that thanks for the info. 

I liked that Caserta had a bathroom for every bedroom and the master bath had separate tub and shower. Overall the floorplans were nice.

But at 500-700k the 3bedroom units will probably overlap in pricing with Citrine which is detached.

Buemae said:
paydawg said:
Buemae said:

Caserta II
$125/Month at Build Out*

Special Assessments:

1.05% Property Taxes

Famous last words from the 'late to the party' buyer!

TRNeighbor.com said:
Buemae said:
paydawg said:
Buemae said:

Caserta II
$125/Month at Build Out*

Special Assessments:

1.05% Property Taxes

Ha, ha...I actually owned new in Woodbury East, but sold just over a year ago, so I got in at a good time and sold high.  I'm fine with waiting it out again.

Buemae said:
TRNeighbor.com said:
Buemae said:
paydawg said:
Buemae said:

Caserta II
$125/Month at Build Out*

Special Assessments:

1.05% Property Taxes

Ha, ha...I actually owned new in Woodbury East, but sold just over a year ago, so I got in at a good time and sold high.  I'm fine with waiting it out again.

It's very tough to time the market. My neighbors thought houses were way too high in 2003 so they sold and rented only to see their house go from $1.1 million to $1.3 million. Their house sold again in 2012 for nearly the same price they got in 2003, so although they were right that houses would come down, they were wrong on timing and in fact couldn't buy back any lower than when they sold. They didn't buy back in at that time because for some reason they thought prices would drop even more. Surprise surprise..... they mistimed the top and bottom.

If rates go up, it doesn't mean prices MUST drop and if they do (entirely possible...... we do have lots of new homes available), it takes a few years of grinding lower to bottom out.

If rates just kept going up and up, say from 4% to 6%, you MAY get a place 20% cheaper (and a lower down payment). Mello wouldn't go down, but the base rate would drop both for those buying lower and those owning since it's easy to protest the taxman in a dropping market. BUT your mortgage payments would likely be higher.

If houses stabilize in price the only thing that happens to those who sold thinking they could buy again later is higher payments and taxes than if they had stayed put.

I hope you don't interpret what I said as telling others to do the same.  This is what I think is best for my situation.  I've lived in Irvine for over 15 yrs and have owned primary residences twice and rented 3 times in that time span.  Each time I was fortunate to purchase during a down market and sold high.  If you can afford the housing in Irvine today, more power to you if you decide to purchase.  I'm not predicting that the market will go down 20% or go down at all, but if it happens to go down 10-15%, I would rather buy at that time, rather than now. 

I am taking the plunge for Caserta II.  We'll find out on Saturday if we get the plan we want.  We've compared the layout to to others and the wife liked the flow of caserta over most everything we've seen so far.

Purchased the plan 2!

It's such a great floorplan with a downstairs bedroom. And I am loving the new location of the caserta ii extension. Far from the 5 fwy and next to the pool.

And as far as I know none of the room walls are actually touching your neighbors' walls.

We thought we were going with Caserta II as well, really loved plans 2 and 3. Somehow got a better loan with Jasmine Ext because it's detached, but same general location is great. So we're future neighbors 😀, congrats on your purchase!

Congrats what phase did you get? We got plan 3 in phase 2.

hab027 said:
Purchased the plan 2!

It's such a great floorplan with a downstairs bedroom. And I am loving the new location of the caserta ii extension. Far from the 5 fwy and next to the pool.

And as far as I know none of the room walls are actually touching your neighbors' walls.

Back