Casero by Standard Pacific

TIC already has info up at their site:

http://www.villagesofirvine.com/Villages-And-Residences/Portola-Springs-Overview.aspx?type=neighborhood&Id=60

Casero at Portola Springs

Casero?s stylish, single-family homes offer classic architecture, open and casual living spaces and an abundant lifestyle within the Village of Portola Springs. From the $600,000s, the active new community artfully blends urban convenience with natural beauty, expansive parks and trails, and outdoor inspiration. (link)

Res1-EarlyCalif-210x138.jpg

Residence 1
Bedrooms: 3
Bathrooms: 2.5
Sq. Ft.: 1,909

Res2-EarlyCalif-210x138.jpg

Residence 2
Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms: 3.0
Sq. Ft.: 2,023

Res3-EarlyCalif-210x138.jpg

Residence 3
Bedrooms: 4
Bathrooms: 3.5
Sq. Ft.: 2,330

Casero had an open house event today at their PS model homes. The flooring, painting, fixtures, and furniture were lacking in many of the rooms but there were still people milling about.

Base Tax Rate 1.05%
CFD's ~$4103
Total effective tax rate ~ 1.74%

Master HOA $160 per month
Casero HOA $120 per month

Schools
Stonegate Elem, Sierra Vista Mid, Northwood HS

Here is their price list:

Phase I

Homesite 23--70 Scarlet Bloom
Plan 1R  $610K

Homesite 25--74 Scarlet Bloom
Plan 2  $625K

Homesite 27--78 Scarlet Bloom
Plan 2  $631K

Homesite 24--72 Scarlet Bloom
Plan 3  $652K

Homesite 26--76 Scarlet Bloom
Plan 3  $654K

Phase II

Homesite 28--58 Long Grass
Plan 1R  $594K

Homesite 33--57 Pathway
Plan 1  $601K

Homesite 36--63 Pathway
Plan 1R  $598K

Homesite 30--62 Long Grass
Plan 2  $621K

Homesite 35--61 Pathway
Plan 2R  $623K

Homesite 29--60 Long Grass
Plan 3  $649K

Homesite 34--59 Pathway
Plan 3R  $650K

**Estimated close of escrow is December 2010 for both Phase 1 & 2**

How did they feel size wise?

We got there late so they were closed... it's interesting they are building in both the north and south enclaves.

We were actually looking for where Sevilla was going to be built and ran into the Casero "hard hat tour area".

Standard Pacific sent out an email blast about it. They had their own list before TIC took over spamming new home seekers... so if you were on their list from previous projects (Sierra, Mille Fluers) you may have received one.

I think it was also mentioned in the New Homes section of Saturday's OC Register.

One HOA is for Casero, the other is for Portola Springs. Most condo projects have an additional HOA to pay for common maintenance and other shared fees.

EDIT: And they looked detached.

LAtoOC said:
Maybe iacrenter can explain if they are truly detached?

They are true detached homes but probably because of the postage size lots they qualify as condos in Irvine. They have alley style garages in the rear and private side yards. I believe the sub HOA will help pay for maintenance of the front and back landscaping.

irvinehomeowner said:

We got there late so they were closed... it's interesting they are building in both the north and south enclaves.

We were actually looking for where Sevilla was going to be built and ran into the Casero "hard hat tour area".

They felt like a mix between the old KB Bougenvillea homes in the area and WB Stonetree. I liked plan 1 and plan 3. Plan 2 downstairs felt like walking in a cave.

I was also looking for the Sevilla model homes--their plot is located in the Northern enclave next to the Ironwood tract (near Distant Star & Pricley Pear...who the heck named these streets?). Might have to wait longer for those models.

Saw the Ironwood tract... couldn't find Sevilla.

I like what Van Daele did with Santa Cruz and even their Lake Forest Summit Crest big homes.  Even with Sevilla on a motorcourt... the more traditional front facing garage is more to my liking (not sure I can call it "traditional"... heh) so I just wanted to see what the pads looked like to get a feel for the layout of the externals.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

They felt like a mix between the old KB Bougenvillea homes in the area and WB Stonetree. I liked plan 1 and plan 3. Plan 2 downstairs felt like walking in a cave.

I was also looking for the Sevilla model homes--their plot is located in the Northern enclave next to the Ironwood tract (near Distant Star & Pricley Pear...who the heck named these streets?). Might have to wait longer for those models.

Is the side yard about the same size as those for Primrose (I drove by the Casero's and the side yard looked really narrow/small...).

irvinehomeowner said:
Saw the Ironwood tract... couldn't find Sevilla.

I like what Van Daele did with Santa Cruz and even their Lake Forest Summit Crest big homes.  Even with Sevilla on a motorcourt... the more traditional front facing garage is more to my liking (not sure I can call it "traditional"... heh) so I just wanted to see what the pads looked like to get a feel for the layout of the externals.

I like the Sevilla floorplans as well.  I am just concerned about the nose of the toll roads.  I recall that when we were looking at the Paloma models last year, the toll road seemed quite loud from one of the Paloma model balcony.  If noise and location wasn't the issue, I would favor Sevilla over the other PS offerings due to their floorplans (entry foyer, lots of window, storage, windows in all/most restrooms, window along the wall by the staircase, etc.).

kayochan said:
iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Is the side yard about the same size as those for Primrose (I drove by the Casero's and the side yard looked really narrow/small...).

Primrose subjectively felt slightly larger but I think they were about the same size.

I walked by the models tonight and you can see into model 3 and model 1.  Model 3's kitchen looks smaller than I thought it would be but it could just be the angle from the street.

Back