Carpet Repair recommendation

IrvineHousewife

We just moved into our home in QH and there were some wavy parts of the carpeting that needed stretching. Our realtor referred us to the Carpet Dr (don't confuse him with the Rug Doctor...lesson learned!).

His name is Dave and he is a third generation carpet repairman from Brooklyn. Great guy and he did a phenomenal job. It's pretty fascinating to watch too. Did you know they physically kick the carpet when stretching it? Who knew!?
http://thecarpetdr.com/
Dave: (949) 306-6573

IrvineHousewife said:
We just moved into our home in QH and there were some wavy parts of the carpeting that needed stretching. Our realtor referred us to the Carpet Dr (don't confuse him with the Rug Doctor...lesson learned!).

His name is Dave and he is a third generation carpet repairman from Brooklyn. Great guy and he did a phenomenal job. It's pretty fascinating to watch too. Did you know they physically kick the carpet when stretching it? Who knew!?
http://thecarpetdr.com/
Dave: (949) 306-6573

Thanks for the recommendation! Going to use them!

Can you provide some info on the cost of re-stretching the carpet?  I've never understood how this even happens.  I had new carpet put in last year and then had them come out 6 months later to re-stretch certain areas.  Now, I'm seeing some of the same areas requiring re-stretching again?  It feels like my carpet is growing by itself!

woodburyowner said:
Can you provide some info on the cost of re-stretching the carpet?  I've never understood how this even happens.  I had new carpet put in last year and then had them come out 6 months later to re-stretch certain areas.  Now, I'm seeing some of the same areas requiring re-stretching again?  It feels like my carpet is growing by itself!

Dragging heavy furniture is one of the things that will do it. I used to pull my coffee table out of the way each day to do the "Crunch: Total Resculpt" video in front of the T.V. Huge ripples appeared in the carpet. Bad SoCal! Now that I have a wonderful excuse, I no longer exercise.  :p Problem solved!!

The knee thing is fun to watch... some carpet installers use the one that spans the room... one time I saw one guy put a hole in the other side of the wall because he didn't brace it on the floorboard.

SoCal said:
Dragging heavy furniture is one of the things that will do it. I used to pull my coffee table out of the way each day to do the "Crunch: Total Resculpt" video in front of the T.V. Huge ripples appeared in the carpet. Bad SoCal! Now that I have a wonderful excuse, I no longer exercise.  :p Problem solved!!

I guess besides this one.  After I moved in, I didn't move anything.  The ripples just started appearing in like 6 months.  I even have a few more spots now. 

Can you provide some info on the cost of re-stretching the carpet?

Sorry I'm not sure the pricing because our realtor covered the costs. We didn't notice the rippling until the seller moved their furniture out. I would guess he's very reasonable.

Back