Carmel II

That's what I heard too... maybe the PDF implies that Carmel II is only occupying the north side of the parcel and the ones south next to Trabuco will be something else.

irvinehomeowner said:
That's what I heard too... maybe the PDF implies that Carmel II is only occupying the north side of the parcel and the ones south next to Trabuco will be something else.

It looks like there are almost 200 lots in the area.  I doubt they will try to sell that many Carmel homes.

Did they say how many homes were in carmel II.  I might be reading too much into it but If you look at the map it looks like they might only be offering a few homes in the lots right above the pocket pool/park.

Does that pocket park actually have a swimming pool?  In the image there is, however on the website, there is no mention that there will be a pool.

Just taking a SWAG at the price  - but - based on other threads, it looks like plan 3 would be about 1.2 million (using $340/sq ft) + landscaping + interior = ~1.3 million ?  Does that seem about right ? 

Question - are these larger lots considered large enough for an in-ground pool ? 

gaab said:
Just taking a SWAG at the price  - but - based on other threads, it looks like plan 3 would be about 1.2 million (using $340/sq ft) + landscaping + interior = ~1.3 million ?  Does that seem about right ? 

Question - are these larger lots considered large enough for an in-ground pool ?

$1.2M sounds about right.  With the additional square footage added to the first floor, there will not be enough room for a pool in the backyard.  But, the pocket park right below Carmel II will be Date Palm Square Park with a pool.  The woodbury website has many of the parks in wrong location.  The Woodbury HOA website has all the parks in the right locations.
http://www.woodburyhoa.org/custom_page.php?page_id=2

nytransplant said:
Did they say how many homes were in carmel II.  I might be reading too much into it but If you look at the map it looks like they might only be offering a few homes in the lots right above the pocket pool/park.

If my memory serves me right, I heard only 28 more lots for Carmel II when I last spoke to the guys at the sales office.

PPBABA said:
nytransplant said:

If my memory serves me right, I heard only 28 more lots for Carmel II when I last spoke to the guys at the sales office.

I am sure they can increase the number if the demand is there.

Even Las Colinas is getting back in the action at Portola Springs this fall.  Earlier this year, they were offering $45K in upgrade credit to clear the inventory.  Now, their plan 1 starts at high $900K

Irvine2Irvine said:
Even Las Colinas is getting back in the action at Portola Springs this fall.  Earlier this year, they were offering $45K in upgrade credit to clear the inventory.  Now, their plan 1 starts at high $900K
I thought they were discontinuing Plans 1 and 2 and only building the bigger 3/4s.

This doesn't bode well for future SFR 'hoods. If they are pricing these at over $1mil, imagine what Orchard Hills and Laguna Crossing are going be benchmarked at?

I'm wondering what happened to all that foreclosure and high interest rates destruction that was supposed to happen that would bring Irvine prices crashing down to normalcy.

irvinehomeowner said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
I thought they were discontinuing Plans 1 and 2 and only building the bigger 3/4s.

That was true earlier this year when they were finishing out the construction.  The new offering will have plans 1, 3, 4 according to their website.  The very last plan 3 and 4 were $1.008M and 1.040M, both with $45K upgrade credit.
It will be interesting to see how much the new ones cost.

They are not going to build las colinas plan 2 simply because they can't fit a house that long in the new Carmel I-sized lots.  OK, the  lots look a little bit bigger than carmel I, but still no velodrome for them either! Oh, and their plan 1 is now a 4/4, so it doesn't have a 3 car garage any more.

lula said:
They are not going to build las colinas plan 2 simply because they can't fit a house that long in the new Carmel I-sized lots.  OK, the  lots look a little bit bigger than carmel I, but still no velodrome for them either! Oh, and their plan 1 is now a 4/4, so it doesn't have a 3 car garage any more.

So the Las Colinas is on smaller lots?  Do you know how big they are.  The original was 5000-7000, I believe

lula said:
Oh, and their plan 1 is now a 4/4, so it doesn't have a 3 car garage any more.
That doesn't show on the TIC website... but if you go to Taylor Morrison's, you can see the difference and it's an improvement:
http://www.taylormorrison.com/237,15-new-homes-US-92618-CA-Irvine-Las-Colinas-Community.aspx

1. At that price point, a 3-br house doesn't make sense.
2. There is still storage in the garage.
3. The master bedroom now has a retreat.

They should have added a loft area or even another bedroom over the living room but I guess that would affect the front elevation too much.

They need to make these changes considering the original Plan 1 had a comp sell below $900k I think.

BTW: There is another site discussing Carmel 2 also:

http://www.ocreader.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=1559

However, can someone remind BK that Graphrix will cry if you steal content without citing the source? BK lifted my Carmel New Phase image from here but didn't credit TI properly.

And for the record, I agree with the sentiment that Irvine is not giving you very much for $1m+. But I disagree that 4000-6000sft lots are small.

Today, a middle-class family (by Irvine standards) doesn't need more that that. If you do, than you really are upper-class and should be shopping in the older neighborhoods like Turtle Rock or outside of Irvine for much less. I find it interesting that some people think that a true family SFR requires 7000sft or higher yet if offered such housing in less desireable areas they back off. It's very hard to get both... and if I had to choose between location and lot size... I would go for location.

So while I'm okay with the lot sizes in Woodbury... I just don't think the home layouts are sufficient. It's bad enough I have no backyard... but don't take away my 2nd dining area, my 2nd living area and my 3rd car garage.

irvinehomeowner said:
This doesn't bode well for future SFR 'hoods. If they are pricing these at over $1mil, imagine what Orchard Hills and Laguna Crossing are going be benchmarked at?

I'm wondering what happened to all that foreclosure and high interest rates destruction that was supposed to happen that would bring Irvine prices crashing down to normalcy.

$1M+ for Carmel II homes!  :mad: I refuse to drink anymore TIC koolaid.

I will be a patient renter for now and see how the Irvine market shakes out over the next 12-24 months. There seems to be little downside to waiting and saving.

As I'm not in a huge rush to be in Irvine (would like to be there by 2011 / July) I'm just keeping an eye on the market and will buy the best home that I can afford next year.

iacrenter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

$1M+ for Carmel II homes!  :mad: I refuse to drink anymore TIC koolaid.

I will be a patient renter for now and see how the Irvine market shakes out over the next 12-24 months. There seems to be little downside to waiting and saving.
When all is said and done with upgrades and landscaping, expect that those Carmel II homes will be $1.2m+.  I think that there is about 5-10% possible downside for Irvine prices if we hit a soft patch in the economy and that's with rates heading into the high 3% range (10%+ if we get a double dip recession).  The next 6-12 months will be interesting.

So while I'm okay with the lot sizes in Woodbury... I just don't think the home layouts are sufficient. It's bad enough I have no backyard... but don't take away my 2nd dining area, my 2nd living area and my 3rd car garage.

I think your 2nd dining area, 2nd living area and 3rd car garage are taken away because lots are small. This way they can have a plan that appears and feels more spacious. I think minimum lot should be 6000 for a SFR.

Chitown said:

I think your 2nd dining area, 2nd living area and 3rd car garage are taken away because lots are small. This way they can have a plan that appears and feels more spacious.
There are recently built homes in Irvine that have those things on sub 5000sft lots (Los Colinas for example).

Back