Care for Hardwood Floors

I am getting Hardwood floors installed in my living/kitchen area. I am really concerned about the maintenance. Its oil based provenza floors. Does anyone have those floors and how do you clean them? Do you use a special cleaner or just dry mop them. How often do you have to re oil these floors? I have a toddler so now I am doubting my decision of getting hardwood. please advice on cleaning and maintaining hardwoord floors.

Take care it just like any hardwood floors. I just use Swiffer sweeper floor mop and vacuum regularly.  Occasionally use very lightly damp towel to wipe down spell and use wood floor cleaner like Method.  http://www.target.com/p/method-almond-squirt-mop-wood-floor-cleaner-25-oz/-/A-13532562

These oiled, wire brushed hard wood floor is no different than regular hard wood floor but they hide scratches really really well.  I play fetch with my dog on our hard wood floor and unless you wipe the floor with wet towel and looking at it at certain angle, you can't see any scratches.  I really like these floors and having them in the kitchen is not a problem at all.  You won't regret getting them. 

Here's maintenance instruction from Provenza:
REGULAR RESIDENTIAL MAINTENANCE
Dust mop on a frequent basis and use only specifically formulated floor care products. Avoid using any harsh chemical on your floor, included but not limited to ammonia based solution, bleach, STP or Acetone.
Provenza Natural Floor Care Solutions products were developed specifically for oil finished wood floors and are available through distributors to maintain, protect and refinish Provenza oil finished wood floors.
Utilize floor protectors, wide bearing and non-staining glides or casters on all moveable furniture, tables or other objects that sit directly on hardwood flooring.
Use walk-off or high quality mats to protect the floor from abrasive material. Avoid using latex or rubber backed rugs.
When, due to excessive wear or use, the floor requires refinishing, it is suggested to use a qualified, licensed professional refinisher.
Do not use masking tape or any other high tack tapes on floors for an extended period of time. Tapes must be removed from the floor on daily basis to avoid damaging the finish.

Preventive Maintenance
Place high-quality floor mats and area rugs near outside entrances to prevent dirt, sand and other unwanted substances from being tracked directly onto flooring. Also, if you have wood flooring in your kitchen, a throw rug with a soft or felt backing should be placed in front of the sink area to catch spills and splashes.
Affix felt floor protectors on moveable furniture, including chairs, tables, sofas, etc., that sit directly on hardwood flooring.
Rearrange rugs and furniture periodically so the floor ages evenly. UV sunlight will change the color of different wood species to varying degrees.
Dust mop regularly to prevent sand or abrasive dust build up that can scratch the floors finish.
Do not use ammonia or oil-based wax, polish, household dust treatment chemicals, abrasive cleaners, or furniture cleaners.
Do not wet mop the hardwood floor because excess moisture can cause damage to your wood floor.
Keep pet nails trimmed and filed in order to minimize indentation. All wood floors will indent.
Relative humidity should be maintained between 35% and 55% to minimize expansion and contraction of hardwood flooring.
Avoid walking on floors with sharp, ?stiletto? style high-heel shoes.
http://www.provenzafloors.com/support/Oil-Maintenance.aspx

Back